+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Bumps around grafts after FUE

I recently had an FUE procedure to repair my receding hairline. I had approx 2200 grafts placed and I'm about ten weeks post op. The transplanted hair is starting to grow and i can see small bumps almost like goose bumps around the grafts. It makes my reipient area look rough and bumpy.

Has anybody else experienced this after an HT and did it relieve its self at some point?? I would really appreciate any poster or docotos opinion.

Cheers

I'd be interested to hear some responses too. I've seen this happen and want to know why and if it resolves itself.

It's possible that the grafts weren't planted deep enough, in other words the recipient incisions were too shallow. This is just one possibility and it's wise to inform your doctor and see what he/she says.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Thanks for participating in my thread... Here is the response I received from the clinic.

Thank you for your email.

Goosebumps (piloerection) per se are due to contraction of the tiny muscles that cause skin to bunch up at the base of the hair and usually makes the hair stand erect in order to catch heat. This contraction of the muscle and skin bunching is what actually makes the bump.

By all means send photos and I will pass them onto the doctor for comment with regard to your case. It may take longer than usual to get a reply as the clinic is shut ans the doctor is on a different time zone to me as far as I am aware but any photos he can see on his laptop when traveling.

The doctor uses needles and sharp points for slit making, size of needle is variable and dependent upon several factors including the hair to graft make up.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    It's possible that the grafts weren't planted deep enough, in other words the recipient incisions were too shallow. This is just one possibility and it's wise to inform your doctor and see what he/she says.
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for your feedback.

In your experience what can be done to correct this condition....laser, dermabrasion, TCA??.... Does it ever relive its self?

I live in the GTA. Do you think Dr. Rahal would be willing to have a look at me?

The only two times I see this effect commomly called "cobblestoning" is when the recipient sites were smaller than the circumference sizes of the grafts inserted. It can also occur if the grafts are too long and not implanted deep enough.

Pitting occurs when the recipient sites are too large and the grafts are planted too deep, just the opposite effect.

I am not saying this is in fact the case for you as obviously we have not seen your scalp, but it certainly would not hurt to have them inspected or obtain another independent opinion from another doctor.

Hope this works out for you.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Forgot to mention that the cobblestoning effect can occur whether FUE or strip. In other words, this is not exclusive to FUE.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

at ten weeks is it to early to come to any conclusions ? i thought any pitting or cobblestoning would only be noticible much later on in the process , at ten weeks i would of thought things were `settling in ` anyway hope all works out ok

regards

ejj

Quote Originally Posted by druginducedhairloss View Post
    Hi Matt,

Thanks for your feedback.

In your experience what can be done to correct this condition....laser, dermabrasion, TCA??.... Does it ever relive its self?

I live in the GTA. Do you think Dr. Rahal would be willing to have a look at me?
    I'm sure he'd be willing to, but I suggest waiting to see if it settles down.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the feedback. Have you ever had a case at your clinic where these bumps appeared post up but later relieved themselves ?

I have attached some more photos. I'd appreciate any feedback from you or the community.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 12-09-03 at 10.11 PM.jpg

Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	16600   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 12-09-03 at 10.12 PM.jpg

Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	16601   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 12-09-03 at 10.11 PM #2.jpg

Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	16602