+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Transplanted hair after HST

Hey guys,
    When does the transplanted hair usually shed or fall off after a hair transplant ?
    I ask because i know in some cases they don't fall off at all, but if they do, when that happens ? And when is it safe to say that the new hair will not fall and will keep growing ???

try to translate (dutch/english) this part:
    Hoe lang duurt het voordat het getransplanteerde haar in het ontvangstgebied begint te groeien?

Dr. Gho, 2005:
    “Haargroei in het ontvangstgebied kan na de transplantatie op drie mogelijkheden gaan.

- De eerste mogelijkheid is dat de haren direct na implantatie blijven groeien. Dit gebeurt met de meerderheid van de geïmplanteerde haren.

- De tweede mogelijkheid is dat de haren snel na implantatie uitvallen, waarna ze terug groeien. Aangezien wij niet de gehele haarfollikel implanteren, kan de hernieuwde groei van deze haren soms meer dan vier maanden vergen.

- De laatste mogelijkheid is dat sommige delen van het haar in de haarfollikel achterblijven en niet uitvallen. Deze haren zijn zichtbaar en zijn 2 tot 3 millimeter lang. De delen van de haarfollikel van deze haren moeten opnieuw een nieuwe haarfollikel ontwikkelen en dan het resterende haar uitduwen. De hernieuwde groei van deze haren kan soms meer dan zes maanden vergen. Wanneer deze resterende haren (toevallig) worden uitgetrokken, is er een kans dat de kleine, groeiende haren ook worden uitgetrokken. Daarom adviseren wij onze cliënten om voorzichtig te zijn, om te voorkomen dat deze resterende haren uitgetrokken worden."
    i think nothing has changed since this interview in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Hey guys,
    When does the transplanted hair usually shed or fall off after a hair transplant ?
    I ask because i know in some cases they don't fall off at all, but if they do, when that happens ? And when is it safe to say that the new hair will not fall and will keep growing ???
    On my first HST, of the 700 grafts, they started to shed about 2 weeks after the treatment, after about 4 - 6 weeks it was more noticeable to the point of losing about 70% of the grafts. I can't remember exactly.

They starting regrowing by about week 13.

On my 2nd HST I didn't have any shed at all, I still can't work out why that was.

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    On my first HST, of the 700 grafts, they started to shed about 2 weeks after the treatment, after about 4 - 6 weeks it was more noticeable to the point of losing about 70% of the grafts. I can't remember exactly.

They starting regrowing by about week 13.

On my 2nd HST I didn't have any shed at all, I still can't work out why that was.

Both were HSI?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    Both were HSI?
    Yes sorry, should have said HSI in the above posts.

I wonder when this interview will be

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    due to loads of minoxidil or due to the normal hst technique on your 2nd procedure? i rather think that loads of minoxidil did a good job.

Thanks all for your feedback.

gc83uk,
    Did you continue using minoxidle till you finished the bottle in each time of your HSI?

Also in your first HSI, when hair started shedding after 2 weeks, did all of it grew back later ? Or there is a chance some hair will not regrow back ?

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    due to loads of minoxidil or due to the normal hst technique on your 2nd procedure? i rather think that loads of minoxidil did a good job.
    Well I've since learnt the major differences between HST and HSI and I have had the same procedure HSI on both occasions.

On the first procedure I used the minox for about 7-10 days, on the 2nd procedure I was using it for like 3 or 4 weeks, spraying loads on. I probably used about half of the bottle in that time.

It can't be just down to the minox, surely not?

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Thanks all for your feedback.

gc83uk,
    Did you continue using minoxidle till you finished the bottle in each time of your HSI?

Also in your first HSI, when hair started shedding after 2 weeks, did all of it grew back later ? Or there is a chance some hair will not regrow back ?
    All the hair grew back, so don't worry about it if/when you start shedding.