X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aim4hair
    • Aug 2011

Transplanted hair after HST

Hey guys,
    When does the transplanted hair usually shed or fall off after a hair transplant ?
    I ask because i know in some cases they don't fall off at all, but if they do, when that happens ? And when is it safe to say that the new hair will not fall and will keep growing ???
    • Oct 2011

try to translate (dutch/english) this part:
    Hoe lang duurt het voordat het getransplanteerde haar in het ontvangstgebied begint te groeien?

Dr. Gho, 2005:
    “Haargroei in het ontvangstgebied kan na de transplantatie op drie mogelijkheden gaan.

- De eerste mogelijkheid is dat de haren direct na implantatie blijven groeien. Dit gebeurt met de meerderheid van de geïmplanteerde haren.

- De tweede mogelijkheid is dat de haren snel na implantatie uitvallen, waarna ze terug groeien. Aangezien wij niet de gehele haarfollikel implanteren, kan de hernieuwde groei van deze haren soms meer dan vier maanden vergen.

- De laatste mogelijkheid is dat sommige delen van het haar in de haarfollikel achterblijven en niet uitvallen. Deze haren zijn zichtbaar en zijn 2 tot 3 millimeter lang. De delen van de haarfollikel van deze haren moeten opnieuw een nieuwe haarfollikel ontwikkelen en dan het resterende haar uitduwen. De hernieuwde groei van deze haren kan soms meer dan zes maanden vergen. Wanneer deze resterende haren (toevallig) worden uitgetrokken, is er een kans dat de kleine, groeiende haren ook worden uitgetrokken. Daarom adviseren wij onze cliënten om voorzichtig te zijn, om te voorkomen dat deze resterende haren uitgetrokken worden."
    i think nothing has changed since this interview in 2005.

Comment

• gc83uk
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by aim4hair
      Hey guys,
      When does the transplanted hair usually shed or fall off after a hair transplant ?
      I ask because i know in some cases they don't fall off at all, but if they do, when that happens ? And when is it safe to say that the new hair will not fall and will keep growing ???
      On my first HST, of the 700 grafts, they started to shed about 2 weeks after the treatment, after about 4 - 6 weeks it was more noticeable to the point of losing about 70% of the grafts. I can't remember exactly.

They starting regrowing by about week 13.

On my 2nd HST I didn't have any shed at all, I still can't work out why that was.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by gc83uk
        On my first HST, of the 700 grafts, they started to shed about 2 weeks after the treatment, after about 4 - 6 weeks it was more noticeable to the point of losing about 70% of the grafts. I can't remember exactly.

They starting regrowing by about week 13.

On my 2nd HST I didn't have any shed at all, I still can't work out why that was.

Both were HSI?

Comment

• gc83uk
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
          Both were HSI?
          Yes sorry, should have said HSI in the above posts.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
            • Jul 2011

I wonder when this interview will be

Comment

• Oct 2011

due to loads of minoxidil or due to the normal hst technique on your 2nd procedure? i rather think that loads of minoxidil did a good job.

Comment

• aim4hair
                • Aug 2011

Thanks all for your feedback.

gc83uk,
                Did you continue using minoxidle till you finished the bottle in each time of your HSI?

Also in your first HSI, when hair started shedding after 2 weeks, did all of it grew back later ? Or there is a chance some hair will not regrow back ?

Comment

• gc83uk
                  • Nov 2011

Originally posted by 534623
                  due to loads of minoxidil or due to the normal hst technique on your 2nd procedure? i rather think that loads of minoxidil did a good job.
                  Well I've since learnt the major differences between HST and HSI and I have had the same procedure HSI on both occasions.

On the first procedure I used the minox for about 7-10 days, on the 2nd procedure I was using it for like 3 or 4 weeks, spraying loads on. I probably used about half of the bottle in that time.

It can't be just down to the minox, surely not?

Comment

• gc83uk
                    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by aim4hair
                    Thanks all for your feedback.

gc83uk,
                    Did you continue using minoxidle till you finished the bottle in each time of your HSI?

Also in your first HSI, when hair started shedding after 2 weeks, did all of it grew back later ? Or there is a chance some hair will not regrow back ?
                    All the hair grew back, so don't worry about it if/when you start shedding.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                      • Jul 2011

Well I've since learnt the major differences between HST and HSI and I have had the same procedure HSI on both occasions.

On the first procedure I used the minox for about 7-10 days, on the 2nd procedure I was using it for like 3 or 4 weeks, spraying loads on. I probably used about half of the bottle in that time.

It can't be just down to the minox, surely not?
                      Minox increases the blood flow, so it's possible that it helped the grafts take better...

Does the minor sting through the first week? I would imagine the alcohol burns quite a bit... But I guess it helps grafts take AND helps fight infection in that area

Comment

• gc83uk
                        • Nov 2011

Minox increases the blood flow, so it's possible that it helped the grafts take better...

Does the minor sting through the first week? I would imagine the alcohol burns quite a bit... But I guess it helps grafts take AND helps fight infection in that area
                        No stinging at all. It would be good if Gho was to explain to Spencer on his next interview how the grafts are able to continue growing without shedding (if he hasn't already).

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                          • Jul 2011

No stinging at all. It would be good if Gho was to explain to Spencer on his next interview how the grafts are able to continue growing without shedding (if he hasn't already).
                          From the instructions

"Minoxidil 5% lotion
                          From 2 days after treatment apply/spray lotion once a day on the grafts in the recipient area. Finish bottle. Minoxidil can reduce the hair loss of the transplanted hairs after treatment."

Comment

• aim4hair
                            • Aug 2011

From the instructions

"Minoxidil 5% lotion
                            From 2 days after treatment apply/spray lotion once a day on the grafts in the recipient area. Finish bottle. Minoxidil can reduce the hair loss of the transplanted hairs after treatment."
                            Also there is the green pills they give for 2 weeks. They say it stimulates growth and help the new hair to keep growing in some cases.

Comment

• mike_g
                              • Feb 2012

Hi Aim4hair

Any chance of you posting some pics of your hst and how it's coming along?

Comment

Working...