+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gc83uk View Post
    Did you just say you've already had the HST this month? How did it go? Apologies if you've already documented your case!
    I had my HST almost 2 weeks ago. I didnt document my case yet since im still in europe and only got an ipad with me.
    Thanks god, im really threaled with the result so far, i just hope my transplanted hair don't fall off.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Dr. Coen Gho (7 years 4 month)

Dr. Kristel von Herwijnen (7 years 4 month)

Dr. Freek Broekhuijse (5 years 2 month)
    + Dr. Novia Mozart (new?)
    + Dr. Deborah Smaal (new?)

just found at the hsci website.

+ Dr. Novia Mozart (new?)
    + Dr. Deborah Smaal (new?)

just found at the hsci website.
    Yes Dr. Deborah Smaal is relatively new (not sure how long). She has been trained on the procedure and she currently operates the London clinic with an experienced technician. I scheduled my HST end of November and she will be doing my procedure. I will keep you posted after I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by HairMatters View Post
    Yes Dr. Deborah Smaal is relatively new (not sure how long). She has been trained on the procedure and she currently operates the London clinic with an experienced technician. I scheduled my HST end of November and she will be doing my procedure. I will keep you posted after I get back.
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing this information.
    Anyway, why did you choose Dr. Smaal? You sheduled your HST in London or in Maastricht, where Dr. Smaal normally works according to the HSCI website?

According to this page, she must be still very young (25-28, I guess) and, accordingly, she got her (medical) doctor degree sometime this year (2012), at least, according to this page and education history. Seems Dr. Gho recruits the new generation of HT doctors straight from the universities – non-brainwashed and virgin.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing this information.
    Anyway, why did you choose Dr. Smaal? You sheduled your HST in London or in Maastricht, where Dr. Smaal normally works according to the HSCI website?

According to this page, she must be still very young (25-28, I guess) and, accordingly, she got her (medical) doctor degree sometime this year (2012), at least, according to this page and education history. Seems Dr. Gho recruits the new generation of HT doctors straight from the universities – non-brainwashed and virgin.
    I'm going to London. I did not pick her. I wanted to schedule a procedure date in Amsterdam and the wait was about 4-5 months. There was only one day open in London end of November and Dr. Smaal was the one traveling to London during this period. I believe that the tools are half the job. A doctor practicing for few months to drill holes (correct angle and depth), with the right tools and the medium solution used to keep the grafts alive the results should be the same as Gho himself doing the procedure. I actually feel more comfortable due to the fact that Dr. Gho is trusting her to take on the procedure by herself in another country. Let's hope I'm right.

I was also told that London clinic is not as fancy/modern as Amsterdam or Maastricht; but was assured that the procedure is exactly the same.

Hope this helps. I will definitely keep this forum updated with my experience.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by HairMatters View Post
    I'm going to London. I did not pick her. I wanted to schedule a procedure date in Amsterdam and the wait was about 4-5 months. There was only one day open in London end of November and Dr. Smaal was the one traveling to London during this period. I believe that the tools are half the job. A doctor practicing for few months to drill holes (correct angle and depth), with the right tools and the medium solution used to keep the grafts alive the results should be the same as Gho himself doing the procedure. I actually feel more comfortable due to the fact that Dr. Gho is trusting her to take on the procedure by herself in another country. Let's hope I'm right.

I was also told that London clinic is not as fancy/modern as Amsterdam or Maastricht; but was assured that the procedure is exactly the same.

Hope this helps. I will definitely keep this forum updated with my experience.

Cheers.

She helped with my procedure. You're in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    She helped with my procedure. You're in good hands.
    Hello NeedHairASAP, what was the extend of her help? was she being trained at the time? Did she perform the whole procedure? They told me to show up at 7:30 am. I should get 1200-1400 grafts. What was your total graft count and how long did it take?

Also, how long did you stay before flying out? Did you wear a hat on the flight?

Thank you in advance.

I've never personally met Deborah Smaal, but if I have any questions she is the first person I email at HASCI, she always gets back to me within 24 hours, sometimes quicker.

Iron Man, I know you probably don't want to let us all know when your procedure is, but are you scheduled before Christmas? a Yes or No would be sufficient.

Also Deborah always signs her emails as MD, in the UK that would usually stand for Managing Director, perhaps that means something different, but I think she is a bit more special that a simple technician

I've never personally met Deborah Smaal, but if I have any questions she is the first person I email at HASCI, she always gets back to me within 24 hours, sometimes quicker.

Iron Man, I know you probably don't want to let us all know when your procedure is, but are you scheduled before Christmas? a Yes or No would be sufficient.

Also Deborah always signs her emails as MD, in the UK that would usually stand for Managing Director, perhaps that means something different, but I think she is a bit more special that a simple technician
    Thanks for the info. Btw, she is not a technician, MD means a Medical Doctor.

a Yes or No would be sufficient.
    Yes or No.