+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Questions for Dr. Gho

I caught the end of the Bald Truth radio show tonight, so I'm not sure if this news is from today or a week ago, but Spencer said he is going to interview Dr. Gho sometime this week.

I think this is a good opportunity to make a list of questions we have for Dr. Gho and maybe if Spencer catches this thread, he can include some of the more pressing/interesting questions he finds here, although I'm sure he has a good idea what interests us. I'll start it off:

1. Do you have any plans to increase the number of grafts per session? For many patients at an advanced stage of hair loss, it will require many sessions of 1.2-1.4k grafts to reach a desired level of coverage. Although your procedure is known to have a minimal down-time, there is still a need to travel, take time off, shave your head, and wait for the results to reach a full level.

2. At the moment, there is a very long waiting list at your clinics. Do you plan to open more clinics? Do you have any plans to share your technique with other surgeons so that HST is a more mainstream option?

3. What are the limitations of HST? Can a patient with a high level of baldness (NW5-7) receive adequate coverage given unlimited time/money? How many times can the same follicle be harvested and do these hairs maintain the same characteristics (diameter, texture) as before? Who would you consider a poor candidate for HST?

4. As someone directly involved in hair science research, do you have any additional research or new findings you are willing to share with the hairloss community?

Maybe most importantly, I hope Spencer and Dr. Gho discuss a way to get independent verification of his HST method that would satisfy all sides.

Thanks to Spencer for listening to our comments and setting this up. Looking forward to the interview

My questions for Dr. Gho

1. How many times can the follicle be plucked and regenerated from the donor hair?

2. Can we expect Aderans and Histogen treatments to still work after an HST with Dr. Gho?

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJrS View Post
    3. What are the limitations of HST? Can a patient with a high level of baldness (NW5-7) receive adequate coverage given unlimited time/money? How many times can the same follicle be harvested and do these hairs maintain the same characteristics (diameter, texture) as before? Who would you consider a poor candidate for HST?
    That is an excellent point to bring up!!

Why there are no new clinics yet, in last interview over a year ago Gho mentioned army of doctors lining up to learn hst?

Dr Cole tried for a month or so to get in touch with HASCI with intention to learn technique, Gho never got back to him.

How many doctors got trained in hst so far and when/wher will they be opening their clinic?

Can patients like dean saunders expect full coverage and STILL be able to shave without white dots/swiss chesse effect provided time n money is not an issue?

I know you guys want independent verification done by Spencer, but most REAL scientists don't post before/after pictures in the dark of hand picked patients... THEY PUBLISH THEIR RESEARCH in places like the Journal of Dermatology. However, if nobody wants to believe HST works until Spencer says it works, then okay.

Also, Gho has published work saying the hairs are the same width, diameter, quality or whatever. So I can tell you he will say that hairs are the same.

I'd say the most important question is this hypothetical:

"If you extract a 3 hair follicular unit from the donor, and it happens to be of the 80% of extractions that regenerate, how many hairs will regenerate in the extraction point, and how many will regenerate from that extractions implantation in the recipient area? How many times could you harvest this same follicular unit over a lifetime?"

hopefully he says that a 3 hair FU regenerates all 3 hairs in both the recipient and donor. Also, the question of how many times you can extract the same follicle is important... Hopefully 4-5 times.. that would give you practically unlimited donor... even you're a nw5 with 4000-5000 grafts available.

I wonder if Dr Gho has priced his technique too high? If doctors currently have waiting lists extending into 2013 for standard FUT and FUE, why would they need or want this?

And because the mainstream aren't aware of Dr Gho, there's no reason it won't be monopolised by Dr Gho unless he lowers his prices. No wonder he has such a large waiting list.

It's a shame there may be a viable solution here, but money reigns.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    I know you guys want independent verification done by Spencer, but most REAL scientists don't post before/after pictures in the dark of hand picked patients... THEY PUBLISH THEIR RESEARCH in places like the Journal of Dermatology. However, if nobody wants to believe HST works until Spencer says it works, then okay.
    It doesn't have to be validated by Spencer himself. I think the evidence for HST is pretty compelling but I would like something more conclusive so that all sides can be satisfied. Right now, there is still a debate on HST and I want us to get to the point where there is a better understanding of the procedure and its limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    Also, Gho has published work saying the hairs are the same width, diameter, quality or whatever. So I can tell you he will say that hairs are the same.
    I've read the paper, but Skywalker, who is a credible poster and receptive to Gho's ideas, said that during a consultation at HASCI, Dr. Gho told him that:

"Regenerated hair follicles can be used again but it is a bit more difficult to do so than with a virgin follicle, the yield is a bit lower because when they regenerate they often grow back a bit twisted apparently. This doesn't matter for most people as in subsequent procedures you will usually not end up extracting the same follicles too many times but for me it is relevant as my donor is much more limited."

My Consultation with HASCI on HST (Dr G's clinic)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I wonder if Dr Gho has priced his technique too high? If doctors currently have waiting lists extending into 2013 for standard FUT and FUE, why would they need or want this?

And because the mainstream aren't aware of Dr Gho, there's no reason it won't be monopolised by Dr Gho unless he lowers his prices. No wonder he has such a large waiting list.

I think Gho's prices are competitive or less than what some of the top docs charge for FUE.

But of course, I'd always like to see the price drop. The cost to restore someone at an advanced stage of baldness would be very, very high.

Actually HST is cheaper than most FUE in America and Canada

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Actually HST is cheaper than most FUE in America and Canada
    Are you taking into account the ability of the doctor though? I've yet to see any Dr Gho hairlines that have blown me away.

Are you taking into account the ability of the doctor though? I've yet to see any Dr Gho hairlines that have blown me away.
    Why would he take that into account when he is talking about the price of HST vs FUE?