+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

thinking,

I agree with Spex. Your hairloss is going to progress which is clear from your photos. Thanks for sharing your case with us thinking. IMHO, your frontal zone would easily allow for 2500 grafts and that would not be lowering your hairline. That would provide you a nice result because it appears that you have medium coarseness with a mild wave to it. If you were to grow it out, it would be very wavy right? It looks like you have good hair quality and your donor appears fine. Only a physical inspection would confirm that for sure, including density. Because of your nice hair characteristics, your visual result will be above average!

The number of grafts could easily go higher depending where your hairline is drawn in prior to your procedure but I would not recommend high density level because as you already stated, you need some donor reserve for the future! Plus you want the density to look appropriate for you as you get older. You don't want it to look like hairpiece density levels in the front.

The very top of your head is diffusing so although you are not completely bald up there it may or may not be in your future. You stated that none of your family history (men) reached complete baldness so hopefully that will not happen to you. Still, you appear young in the photos and you appear more likely to lose the top because that exsiting hair has diffused to the point that it has already reached the advanced stages.

And yes your crown is also beginning to break up (diffuse) so you are one of the best candidates for finasteride, a very important point that Spex mentioned. And obviously none of us like the idea of taking meds but it will really come down to how important it is to you to have hair in the future.

I further agree with the comments on BH. The results are indeed hit and miss and to date "chest hair" continues to be the best donor source IMHO. If you do end up using BH sometime in your future, only proceed by doing a test session first to evaluate yield and visual compatibility. Also, I would never recommend to use BH in a high visual impact area like the frontal zone or hairline. It is more appropriate to use it as a blend in areas like the midscalp or crown.

Another comment. It may seem like your hairloss has stopped on its own. Trust me, it has not. You have already lost a fair amount so the present rate of loss may not be as apparent. MPB is unpredictable in the rate of progression. At times it can subside for a season and then resume its genetic course over our lifetimes. Its in our genetic profile, period.

Overall, you do make an excellent candidate thinking, just be sure to choose a talented reputable doc and don't get talked into doing some unnecessary high session like 4,000 plus grafts. IMHO, you don't need that much for the frontal zone to look great! This is based on the goals that you stated earlier along with your outstanding hair characteristics that I mentioned earlier. I can hardly wait to see your new transformation so please keep us in the loop.

Best wishes to you thinking and glad to see that you are doing your homework!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking View Post
    What do you mean by donor regeneration, you mean that 80% of transplanted hair will stick and 20% will be lost or what?

No I mean 80% of the hair that is removed from the donor area grows back (regenerates) for use again 12 months later.

You wont find another surgeon on the planet performing the HASCI procedure.

Cell therapy would essentially allow doctors to further lower the hair line and fill in the areas behind and the crown with far greater density than a regular HT.

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    Thank you for this very detailed post. I greatly appreciate it.

The main reason why I am leaning towards ht is restoring front line. I seriously don't mind loosing couple of hair on top (crown), but as it can be seen from photos, my front line is just simply ugly. If it would be even on both sides, I might even not be thinking about ht at all, as I got "comfortable" with it over the years.

I am in 30s if that info helps.

As for the researching, I will do it very detailed indeed, as am I used of researching through academics, so I know how to find trusted sources and make critical opinions and I understand there is a point of no return after decision is made.

When it comes to medications, although I will take a look into it more, I never liked the idea to take medications for any reason (unless life depends upon it), and especially Im not willing to risk side effects. I know risk is very small, but I am just not willing to accept it in exchange for stop losing hair.

As for the hair loss, I just don't understand how come ALL of my relatives have thick hair, with almost no hair loss, except of my uncle (mom s side), who has a little bit more progressive hair loss then me, but he is around 45. I understand that it might goes generations back, but I cannot recall hair loss from even passed both male grandparents. Hell, both of them died over 70 years old and had more hair then, than I have now

My guess is, one of the main reason perhaps is my very stressful lifestyle.

As it is at the moment, I will most likely go after FUE 500 and wait for results. If satisfied, then go after full ht with aprox. 2000 in front. Not exactly sure, if I am bothered with losing hair on crown to much. I can't see it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    No I mean 80% of the hair that is removed from the donor area grows back (regenerates) for use again 12 months later.

You wont find another surgeon on the planet performing the HASCI procedure.
    Say WHAT?

Could somebody clarify that? Is this really working, or it is just another buzz? Will definitely check it out, but if I understand correctly what you are saying is that, for every 10 transplanted hair (grafts), 8 grows back on donor area!?, so you end up having 18 hair minus hair that don't stick to recipient?

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    BH
    Oh, forgot about body hair part. I have pretty much to give from my chest. Sure, I wouldn't use it for front, but as I want to get rid of it any way, I could use em in crown, not to much dense, that is, just to cover some spots.

My concerns are as follows:
    1. Scars on chest?
    2. Ratio of success? I understand it is hit or miss, but there should be some numbers.
    3. If transplanted successful, will it feel like chest hair or head hair, I read somewhere sometime ago, that FU adapt to new "environment" and change characteristics to fell like real hair.
    4. Lifespan of transplanted BH?
    5. Growth. Does it grow even with the rest of head hair and does it grow to longer size than normal BH?