+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What natural treatments? Side effects?

Hello,
    Long time reader here. Any advice from the pro's here on what treatment I may be able to use without side effects? I'm 32, NW4-5, started balding at 22, during that time I tried Rogaine and Propecia for about a year, took a break and then took it for about another year. I'm not sure I had any effects because one can make the argument that Rogaine and Propecia slowed my shed or if it was just due to my hair cycle being done shedding and the same can be said if it increased my shed or if it didn't effect the rate of my shed. I would say I experienced mild sides, but even that is up for debate because I'm sure stress, diet, other things were related...anyway, I am generally an anti-drug (except alcohol) person, and am in better shape and into nutrition a bit more, so I was wondering if anyone on this great forum could recommend any natural treatment without side effects?

I read a post here and on ************ about "The Natural" treatment of vitamin C
    aged garlic extract (vitamin B, GABA)
    curcumin
    cayenne pepper (ginger)
    algae extract

Besides Vitamin C, are these treatments safe and would anyone have recommended doses? I'm hearing good things about bimatroprost, I know it's a drug, but does that have known sides? One of the experienced/knowledgeable posters should bottle or make a liquid of every known natural cure for baldness at its recommended dose and sell it. I'd buy it!

There are no natural treatments that actually work to treat hereditary hair loss.

Even natural treatments can have side effects you know.

That is your opinion Tracy, my opinion is that if these drug companies did a controlled study seeing the effects of various natural treatments they would find results. Since they can't patent/stop people from just using regular cayenne/make less money this way they don't do those kind of studies.

Quote Originally Posted by alanrudy View Post
    That is your opinion Tracy...
    Actually no, I don't have an opinion on these matters. I go with the available reliable data, which shows that they do nothing to treat hereditary hair loss.

It's your hair, do whatever you want.

Fair enough. Show me the available reliable data that ran a study showing a natural cure, like cayenne pepper, does nothing to treat hereditary hair loss. If you can't show me, it proves that statement is just your opinion.

You are wasting both our time. The available reliable data does not include any studies and you know that. You won't find any proof that it works either. You will not find anyone anywhere who can prove they have successfully treated their hereditary hair loss with natural treatments. It's your hair. Do what you want.

So the lack of available reliable studies showing they don't work proves your statement that no natural treatments work is indeed your opinion and not fact. Claiming your opinion is fact is dishonest and irresponsible, especially because you are a frequent poster. My opinion is that if these drug companies did a controlled study seeing the effects of various natural treatments they would find results. Since they can't patent/stop people from just using regular cayenne/make less money this way they don't do those kind of studies.

Claiming your opinion is fact is dishonest and irresponsible...
    It is not my opinion. It never has been and it never will be. There is nothing dishonest or irresponsible in or about anything I said. You are reaching.

Again, it is your hair. Do whatever you want about it. It is your money. Spend it however you want. You will realize in due time that the available data is correct. This discussion is over.

It is really hard to believe you can't see that you are clearing representing your opinion as fact. There are no available reliable studies that prove natural treatments don't work or do work . My opinion is they would show results if studied like these drugs, your OPINION is they wouldn't. How would I come to find out the available data is correct when there is no available data whether they do work or don't work?!

It is really hard to believe you can't see that you are clearing representing your opinion as fact. There are no available reliable studies that prove natural treatments don't work or do work . My opinion is they would show results if studied like these drugs, your OPINION is they wouldn't. How would I come to find out the available data is correct when there is no available data whether they do work or don't work?!
    not that I agree with Tracy but dude... you can't just propose something and then say "oh, I can't find any studies disproving my theory so until then, I'm right"...