+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfaninfl View Post
    It doesn't feel any better at 36 when I started to notice my thinning. Losing your hair at any age is depressing. Nobody wants to go bald.
    That's what most younger men with hair loss seem to think - only if I could get to my 30's with my hair intact all will be well if I lose my hair after that. NOPE. IT WON'T. I don't think being in your 40's or 50's is going to be any easier if you happen to be one of those who couldn't accept baldness at a younger age. Generally, I'd say if you're one of those who became totally preoccupied with your hair loss and became worried and depressed about it and it basically fu-cked up your confidence AND LIFE, then chances are you WILL still feel the same way even when you're 60. My cousin died worrying about his hair. He was past mid 40's when he died.

Quote Originally Posted by VictimOfDHT View Post
    That's what most younger men with hair loss seem to think - only if I could get to my 30's with my hair intact all will be well if I lose my hair after that. NOPE. IT WON'T. I don't think being in your 40's or 50's is going to be any easier if you happen to be one of those who couldn't accept baldness at a younger age. Generally, I'd say if you're one of those who became totally preoccupied with your hair loss and became worried and depressed about it and it basically fu-cked up your confidence AND LIFE, then chances are you WILL still feel the same way even when you're 60. My cousin died worrying about his hair. He was past mid 40's when he died.
    What is worse is I'm overweight and I'm divorced. My wife left me after 11 years of marriage two years ago. I'm still suffering from depression from that loss and now I have to deal with hair loss on top of it. I have a son too. Chicks aint lining up to date a balding fat guy with baggage. Atleast I would been in shape if I was dealing with it during my 20's. You'll find out that your metabolism ain't the same in your 30's like it was in your 20's.

Quote Originally Posted by boourns View Post
    ...Fortunately, 30 is the new 20 but unfortunately sometimes without the hair.
    FYP

fyp

fyp
    stupid char limit

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    Waiting for an age when balding seems less shameful? I'm sorry, but this comment in itself is shameful. I'm 20 years old and experiencing hair loss; am I to feel ashamed?

Pitiful attitude you've got there, mate.
    I'm in the same boat as you and same age, and honestly I don't feel any shame that I have some male pattern baldness. Anybody who judges you on your hair line or any person that thinks people will judge him on their hairline has more serious problems than MPB. It's just hair. Grow a pair ; live with it.

I don't think that I would be completely OK with my hairloss if it occurred in my 30s or 40s instead of now man. I don't think that at all. What I'm saying is why couldn't I just have at least 10 more years with no hair loss worry and spending my part of my 20s on a hairloss forum. These years are supposed to be the best years of a guys life. I think for a guy in his late teens/early 20s who is experiencing mpb, its like how can you NOT be preoccupied with it. For me personally, I had the pleasure of hearing some fcking 30 yr old prick call me baldie numerous times at my previous job. There was a few times where I was close to losing my cool on this guy but couldnt do anything because it was a large retail store iwth many people around. I've also had the pleasure of being called out about my baldness by someone in front of large group. And also have had the pleasure of finding out my baldness was a big joke for a bunch of girls, behind my back. For the majority, these are the years when you finish college, start a real job and start making respectable money and be able to do the things you enjoy in life and buy the things you want, having the confidence to be yourself and try to pursue many different girls if you are single. I was able to do the last one with no problem until recently...

Man, lately I can't stop staring at other peoples heads and looking for hair loss. I'm always looking for people around my age or younger with hair loss just so I can feel a bit better about myself. The crappy thing is I see so many people in their 40's or 50's that still have no scalp showing. Lucky bastards don't have to deal with this crap. Although at work, out of 20 guys who are 40 years old and above, 80% have noticeably thinning hair. Probably half the guys in their 30's are thinning. Doesn't seem that way in the outside world though. Maybe all the people with hair loss just stay home hahaha...

I disagree with you. Some people, like myself, don't mind the fact that we are balding. It's the idea that we are abnormal and visibly balding at an early age. I really don't care if I eventually go bald. I do care if I look abnormal for my age.

"What is worse is I'm overweight and I'm divorced. My wife left me after 11 years of marriage two years ago. I'm still suffering from depression from that loss and now I have to deal with hair loss on top of it. I have a son too. Chicks aint lining up to date a balding fat guy with baggage. Atleast I would been in shape if I was dealing with it during my 20's. You'll find out that your metabolism ain't the same in your 30's like it was in your 20's."

You have nobody but yourself to blame for being overweight. Yeah your metabolism slows down in your 30s but you need to adjust your habits to respond to that. I see plenty of men older than you in great shape. There really is no excuse for being overweight unless you have physical limitations. If you can exercise you can be healthy. This is part of the problem with society and this forum. There is too much self pity.

My life sucks and I'm going bald but instead of sitting around and feeling sorry for myself I'm trying to improve my life.

Don't be quick to presume you can put yourself in someone else's shoes or know what hardships they are facing. All of us are self medicating somehow, and food is only one way of doing it.
    Also don't be quick to presume you know how you would feel if you started balding at an older age. Maybe now it "seems" like it's looking older than your age that bothers you, and maybe that is true, but it doesn't mean balding at 40-50 wouldn't bother you a lot as well. Going bald clearly does bother you now, and all of us; we can say we'd be fine with it if it started 20 years later but we'd really just be assuming.

There is no excuse for being overweight if one can exercise. Self medication isn't an excuse it's an unhealthy psychological problem one should seek medical help for. I'm tired of hearing excuses from people about why their life sucks. Do something about it. I know this from actual experience. What did I do? I got professional help.

No, I know I wouldn't care if I went bald in 20 years. I don't care about looking older than my age. I care about looking abnormal for my age. That said, I am actually in the process of getting over balding just like I got over having adult acne. Like I said, in my case, I KNOW I wouldn't mind going bald in my 40s.

People really need to stop saying "metabolism slows down" thats not terribly accurate.

Yes, the amount of calories you need to consume goes down as you age. Its also a generic figure that relates to the fact you become more sedantary as you age.

Its absolutely terrible that you can no longer consume an extra 100-200 calories a day! O M G whatever will we do! Lets fire up crazy expensive supplements to get that "fast" metabolism again to lose weight!

gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

There needs to be commercials that advertise how weight loss and weight maintenance actually works...