+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default WHY :( WHY there is no cure of mpb out there yet WHY :(

its really so hard to deal with baldness at a young age...
    mentally you are destroyed and you confident dies!!
    I beleive i most the most confident and a handsome guy of my university before my hairloss started now im currently a norwood 1.5 or maybe 2 now but being bald in a young age is hell on earth..........

Quote Originally Posted by 5000 View Post
    I beleive i most the most confident and a handsome guy of my university before my hairloss started now im currently a norwood 1.5 or maybe 2 now but being bald in a young age is hell on earth..........
    I know how you feel, I'm in the same position as you are but this post is wrong here buddy.
    Focus on school, that's all advice I can give, because there is no other way. As I say, I'm in the same position and it's very difficult but the only thing you can do is to make the best out of it.
    The chances are quite good, that there will be a cure, or at least a very good solution soon.

I know. Nobel prize in medicin to the one who cures baldness. I'm not kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    I know. Nobel prize in medicin to the one who cures baldness. I'm not kidding.
    You will need to find the real reason for baldness, and be able to prove it. Curing baldness won't be "enough" for a Nobel prize.

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    You will need to find the real reason for baldness, and be able to prove it. Curing baldness won't be "enough" for a Nobel prize.
    You may be right, but when you see who have won the peace prize you can't say that giving it to the one who cures baldness is that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    You may be right, but when you see who have won the peace prize you can't say that giving it to the one who cures baldness is that bad.
    Of course, but the Nobel price in medicine is more about discovery and finding the reasons of diseases and other biological processes.
    For example finding out and prove, that a virus is actually responsible for your baldness (of course thats made up ).

The Cure is Here

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19438685

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    No comment!

Ok, I'm a woman, I'm 23, so I don't completely get it from a guy's point of view (though my hair is really fine, thin, and well, my part is really wide especially where it ends at my crown area... female hair loss at such a young age SUCKS!).

But trust me, some women really don't care if a guy is bald. I've met guys with a lot of hair (nice hair, too) who were very unattractive otherwise, be it because of other physical feautures or because of personality (really, some girls may be shallow, but even they care about personality). Then there re guys who are bald, and they're HOT.

I have a friend, he's like 27, probably like a NW4. He's the hottest one in our group, and even though he's not that tall (like 5'8") and he has a normal body (not fat, not skinny, not muscular), he just has something, he has a nice face which is definitely a plus, but he's also a very light hearted, smart, interesting guy. He never lacks female attention, he's confident and he even dated a model for a while. I met him when he was already bald, so maybe that's why when I try picturing him with hair, I think he looks better bald. And he doesn't shave his entire head either, he has that typical MPB pattern going on. But I'm telling you he looks great!

Then I had a professor at university, he was completely bald. He had a nice body, also a nice face, he shaved his head, but he was probably a NW6. So slick bald... and he was hot, too. Too bad he was a) my professor and b) gay. Despite that, many girls had a crush on him. No one ever mentioned that he was bald as something bad or unattractive. Also, he was like 40, but looked like he was 30.

There are many famous, hot, bald guys, but since they're celebrities and therefore a bit more unrealistic I don't think it's healthy to compare yourself to them. But Bruce Willis, Taye Diggs, Chris Meloni and Vin Diesel (among many others) are hot, and I think only extremely picky (or blind) women wouldn't think they're hot. Hang in there! If you have a lot going on for you, if you try not to let it get to you, girls will like you! I have another male friend, he's like a NW2, so a lot less bald than my NW4 friend, and he frets so much about being bald, he lets that define him and that makes him unattractive ('cause he also has a nice face and a normal body, but the lac of confidence kills his attractiveness).

Last but not least, I have a mild degree of female AGA, which sucks, especially at this age (I mean, ain't this supposed to happen only after menopause?), and I constantly feel insecure, but I act confident and get a lot of male attention because I'm so much more than just hair! And so are you! Not all young women are shallow, remember that my NW4 friend dated a model (and it wasn't about money, 'cause he earns a modest salary).

I hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
    Ok, I'm a woman, I'm 23, so I don't completely get it from a guy's point of view (though my hair is really fine, thin, and well, my part is really wide especially where it ends at my crown area... female hair loss at such a young age SUCKS!).

But trust me, some women really don't care if a guy is bald. I've met guys with a lot of hair (nice hair, too) who were very unattractive otherwise, be it because of other physical feautures or because of personality (really, some girls may be shallow, but even they care about personality). Then there re guys who are bald, and they're HOT.

I have a friend, he's like 27, probably like a NW4. He's the hottest one in our group, and even though he's not that tall (like 5'8") and he has a normal body (not fat, not skinny, not muscular), he just has something, he has a nice face which is definitely a plus, but he's also a very light hearted, smart, interesting guy. He never lacks female attention, he's confident and he even dated a model for a while. I met him when he was already bald, so maybe that's why when I try picturing him with hair, I think he looks better bald. And he doesn't shave his entire head either, he has that typical MPB pattern going on. But I'm telling you he looks great!

Then I had a professor at university, he was completely bald. He had a nice body, also a nice face, he shaved his head, but he was probably a NW6. So slick bald... and he was hot, too. Too bad he was a) my professor and b) gay. Despite that, many girls had a crush on him. No one ever mentioned that he was bald as something bad or unattractive. Also, he was like 40, but looked like he was 30.

There are many famous, hot, bald guys, but since they're celebrities and therefore a bit more unrealistic I don't think it's healthy to compare yourself to them. But Bruce Willis, Taye Diggs, Chris Meloni and Vin Diesel (among many others) are hot, and I think only extremely picky (or blind) women wouldn't think they're hot. Hang in there! If you have a lot going on for you, if you try not to let it get to you, girls will like you! I have another male friend, he's like a NW2, so a lot less bald than my NW4 friend, and he frets so much about being bald, he lets that define him and that makes him unattractive ('cause he also has a nice face and a normal body, but the lac of confidence kills his attractiveness).

Last but not least, I have a mild degree of female AGA, which sucks, especially at this age (I mean, ain't this supposed to happen only after menopause?), and I constantly feel insecure, but I act confident and get a lot of male attention because I'm so much more than just hair! And so are you! Not all young women are shallow, remember that my NW4 friend dated a model (and it wasn't about money, 'cause he earns a modest salary).

I hope it helps.

Listen to her, she's spot on!!!

I think the worst for a guy who has hair problems is to hang around hairloss forums too much.
    With all the guys telling you that "from now you are doomed", "no woman will ever look at you", "you will be the mockery of society", bla bla bla...

Just take a good look at real life to realize that is not like they say.

Hairloss IS shit, takes away your confidence and a huge minus on your attractiveness.

But at the end of the day, is all about balance. An handsome and attractive person will be attractive even with a receded hairline.

So make the most out of everything else that IS under you control, until Histogen and Gho fix everyone of us up