+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Gho's FUE is not a cure. Even if you use a very loose definition of the word cure, that is still not a cure. Even if Gho proves regeneration some day, his FUE is still not a cure.
    You're an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Yeh but if you shave it off and you have horrible bent head shape with loads of dents then you will look ugly.
    I find that when a guy has *some* dents it adds definition. A perfectly round head can be both good and bad. But yeah, if there are many dents and weird bulges in the skin (especially at the back) it does tend to look weird.

To the OP;

If you say you are/were as good looking as you claim, shave your head completely and see how you look. You got nothing to lose, your hair will grow back and during the the shaved head time get on RU/Minox and you should see some regrowth (far better efficacy of RU/Minox on a shaved head than having to go through a head full of hair).

I say shave it because, usually guys that have an attractive face still look good shaved/bald. You'd be surprised too, some guys I know look *better* bald than with hair... and the two guys i know that are balding score more vagina than any other of my guy friends, including the most attractive guy i know WITH hair. Thats telling you something.

I should also mention, because I find it quite hilarious... women arent as vain as men in terms of attraction to the opposite sex. How many women do you know that go for a guy whos a 'trophy husband' compared to guys that go for a trophy wife? How many women do you know that end up with a weird looking guy but are hot as hell? I see hot polish women back home with pretty much ONLY semi-decent looking guys and this was also the case when I went to Chicago (me and all my guy friends noticed that a lot of sub par guys ended up with a gorgeous girl).

But heres the reality; if you want to be happy in life, dont marry a pretty woman. Ultimately its never about looks. Youre not going to be attracted to and neither is a potential girl in you just on looks, the deal breaker is *everything* else.

My hairlines receded a bit in the last 10 years and thinned out up top. I don't look like I'm balding (not unless you REALLY take a close look) but even with this i've been badly tempted to just shave it all and give it a go... who knows, maybe i'll get laid more often, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by LPSboxing View Post
    Yeah but I think I used the wrong word. I'm talking about looking good, not the usual lame advices a balding person gets.

What I mean by 'balance' is :

Say your attractiveness was an "8" with your full head of hair. Now you got the hairloss and you lost, lets say, 2 full points. By the way, in my opinion if one's appearance is destroyed without a perfect hairline, well I think he wasn't very handsome to begin with. Good facial features don't go away.
    So lets say now you are a "6", most people can live with it. But if you want to be as attractive as possible, just work on the other aspects you can to shift the balance towards the 7 or 8 you were before.

For example: build up your body, lose weight if you need to, get a masculine but sharp eyebrow shape if you have a unibrow, work on facial hair that suits your face, etc etc etc

whatever you want, just re-shift that damn balance towards the "+" side.

Consider youself lucky that, as you said, you were considered good looking to begin with.

Stay strong,
    A.

PS: my hairloss shit started ad 25 so I know how you feel
    yes you are right you explained the things well... but you started hairloss at 25 you know what i am talking about but really you are a very positive teller i love when people talk of the positive sides. thankyou mate. stay blessed

Quote Originally Posted by 5000 View Post
    its really so hard to deal with baldness at a young age...
    mentally you are destroyed and you confident dies!!
    I beleive i most the most confident and a handsome guy of my university before my hairloss started now im currently a norwood 1.5 or maybe 2 now but being bald in a young age is hell on earth..........
    WTF LOL! Wow

Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
    Ok, I'm a woman, I'm 23, so I don't completely get it from a guy's point of view (though my hair is really fine, thin, and well, my part is really wide especially where it ends at my crown area... female hair loss at such a young age SUCKS!).

But trust me, some women really don't care if a guy is bald. I've met guys with a lot of hair (nice hair, too) who were very unattractive otherwise, be it because of other physical feautures or because of personality (really, some girls may be shallow, but even they care about personality). Then there re guys who are bald, and they're HOT.
    I have a friend, he's like 27, probably like a NW4. He's the hottest one in our group, and even though he's not that tall (like 5'8") and he has a normal body (not fat, not skinny, not muscular), he just has something, he has a nice face which is definitely a plus, but he's also a very light hearted, smart, interesting guy. He never lacks female attention, he's confident and he even dated a model for a while. I met him when he was already bald, so maybe that's why when I try picturing him with hair, I think he looks better bald. And he doesn't shave his entire head either, he has that typical MPB pattern going on. But I'm telling you he looks great!

Then I had a professor at university, he was completely bald. He had a nice body, also a nice face, he shaved his head, but he was probably a NW6. So slick bald... and he was hot, too. Too bad he was a) my professor and b) gay. Despite that, many girls had a crush on him. No one ever mentioned that he was bald as something bad or unattractive. Also, he was like 40, but looked like he was 30.

There are many famous, hot, bald guys, but since they're celebrities and therefore a bit more unrealistic I don't think it's healthy to compare yourself to them. But Bruce Willis, Taye Diggs, Chris Meloni and Vin Diesel (among many others) are hot, and I think only extremely picky (or blind) women wouldn't think they're hot. Hang in there! If you have a lot going on for you, if you try not to let it get to you, girls will like you! I have another male friend, he's like a NW2, so a lot less bald than my NW4 friend, and he frets so much about being bald, he lets that define him and that makes him unattractive ('cause he also has a nice face and a normal body, but the lac of confidence kills his attractiveness).

Last but not least, I have a mild degree of female AGA, which sucks, especially at this age (I mean, ain't this supposed to happen only after menopause?), and I constantly feel insecure, but I act confident and get a lot of male attention because I'm so much more than just hair! And so are you! Not all young women are shallow, remember that my NW4 friend dated a model (and it wasn't about money, 'cause he earns a modest salary).

I hope it helps.
    If only this forum had more comments like this. Great stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    +1

Uplifting (and truthful!) post Mimosa, thank you for that!

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    now you want me to believe that the usual depressed-suicidal-we're all doomed kind of posts are not much better???

lol

Blahblahblah. While some of this is true.

MPB destroys the image you have of yourself and forces u to adopt a new image. Not everyone wants a new image and not everyone is good at that. It is more complicated that just caring what the opposite sex thinks.

But def a good idea to just live your life, save up for a cure etc. Don't let this take too much of your energy, time and money right now. Everything other than Finasteride, Minoxidil and maybe a ketoconazole shampoo or something is a waste of time and money.

Own that shit and be confident until a cure comes out. I'm a NW6 and have a hot wife (that I married after I was NW6). Women are attracted to confidence because its you, being yourself. No one likes a guy who's too busy worrying about his hair rather than having fun. This forum kind of perpetuates that bad attitude by everyone being so pessimistic about a cure. GHO already has a solution, that's how close we are. Even if Adderans, or Histogen don't come to fruition, we still have GHO, and sooner or later his procedure will come down in price and be spread around the world. It has to if we demand it.

...and weather women want to admit it or not, MOST of them are very attracted to muscular and in shape men. So shave that shit off and hit the gym. DO IT.

Quote Originally Posted by youngin View Post
    ...and weather women want to admit it or not, MOST of them are very attracted to muscular and in shape men. So shave that shit off and hit the gym. DO IT.
    That is so true fellas, I can't keep my current girls off my arms, chests, and abs. especially if you have a big muscular booty, no homo.