+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alf View Post
    I know. Nobel prize in medicin to the one who cures baldness. I'm not kidding.
    really he deserves one!!! for giving mental peace to so many guys who are balding at a young age.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
    Ok, I'm a woman, I'm 23, so I don't completely get it from a guy's point of view (though my hair is really fine, thin, and well, my part is really wide especially where it ends at my crown area... female hair loss at such a young age SUCKS!).

But trust me, some women really don't care if a guy is bald. I've met guys with a lot of hair (nice hair, too) who were very unattractive otherwise, be it because of other physical feautures or because of personality (really, some girls may be shallow, but even they care about personality). Then there re guys who are bald, and they're HOT.

I have a friend, he's like 27, probably like a NW4. He's the hottest one in our group, and even though he's not that tall (like 5'8") and he has a normal body (not fat, not skinny, not muscular), he just has something, he has a nice face which is definitely a plus, but he's also a very light hearted, smart, interesting guy. He never lacks female attention, he's confident and he even dated a model for a while. I met him when he was already bald, so maybe that's why when I try picturing him with hair, I think he looks better bald. And he doesn't shave his entire head either, he has that typical MPB pattern going on. But I'm telling you he looks great!

Then I had a professor at university, he was completely bald. He had a nice body, also a nice face, he shaved his head, but he was probably a NW6. So slick bald... and he was hot, too. Too bad he was a) my professor and b) gay. Despite that, many girls had a crush on him. No one ever mentioned that he was bald as something bad or unattractive. Also, he was like 40, but looked like he was 30.

There are many famous, hot, bald guys, but since they're celebrities and therefore a bit more unrealistic I don't think it's healthy to compare yourself to them. But Bruce Willis, Taye Diggs, Chris Meloni and Vin Diesel (among many others) are hot, and I think only extremely picky (or blind) women wouldn't think they're hot. Hang in there! If you have a lot going on for you, if you try not to let it get to you, girls will like you! I have another male friend, he's like a NW2, so a lot less bald than my NW4 friend, and he frets so much about being bald, he lets that define him and that makes him unattractive ('cause he also has a nice face and a normal body, but the lac of confidence kills his attractiveness).

Last but not least, I have a mild degree of female AGA, which sucks, especially at this age (I mean, ain't this supposed to happen only after menopause?), and I constantly feel insecure, but I act confident and get a lot of male attention because I'm so much more than just hair! And so are you! Not all young women are shallow, remember that my NW4 friend dated a model (and it wasn't about money, 'cause he earns a modest salary).

I hope it helps.
    yes it really helps when a girl tells you not to worry about anything.. its encouraging but friend im the one who used to listen every other day that i was looking good. and just few year back we in our group exchanged an sms about the best feature of everyone in our group and everyone voted for my hair people used to love my hair the way i styled them.... then my bestesttttttttttt friend (female) in my university used to tell me that my attractiveness depends alot on how i style my hair and yes i know it.... altho she is the one who can never hate me and will always like me how ugly i am but my confidence has been shattered... maybe today im satisfied by all what you wrote to help me but tomorrow again if i will see some shedding on my pillow or in my bathroom the shadow of that bald ghost is over my head again. i wonder how thick how awesome hair i used to had just a mere 2 years back and what has happaned now.. :'( i really want to cry cry for so long and the worst part is its of no help...........
    on the other sides my father has a full head of hair and hes 47 my uncles have full head of hairs. all of my cousins have full head of hairs except one..... and he is in the same boat i am... if i count all of my male family members all togahter they are 17 and only 2 are balding others have a pretty much thick full head of hairs even in their 50s oh man it sucks so much... i dont complain much now because its beyond my control and nature knows whats best for me... Altho baldness is not my choice but i have no other option.. you are right i should bring LIFE to my life again... its ok... baldness happen to humans and billions of them im just another....

Quote Originally Posted by LPSboxing View Post
    Listen to her, she's spot on!!!

I think the worst for a guy who has hair problems is to hang around hairloss forums too much.
    With all the guys telling you that "from now you are doomed", "no woman will ever look at you", "you will be the mockery of society", bla bla bla...

Just take a good look at real life to realize that is not like they say.

Hairloss IS shit, takes away your confidence and a huge minus on your attractiveness.

But at the end of the day, is all about balance. An handsome and attractive person will be attractive even with a receded hairline.

So make the most out of everything else that IS under you control, until Histogen and Gho fix everyone of us up
    yes you are right life should get a LIFE.. and its about balance.. but a handsome and attracted person can sometimes look ugly without hair and thats the most painful thing about hairloss.. anyway life has to go on.... and we should learn to live...

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    The Cure is Here
    Gho's FUE is not a cure. Even if you use a very loose definition of the word cure, that is still not a cure. Even if Gho proves regeneration some day, his FUE is still not a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by 5000 View Post
    yes you are right life should get a LIFE.. and its about balance.. but a handsome and attracted person can sometimes look ugly without hair and thats the most painful thing about hairloss.. anyway life has to go on.... and we should learn to live...

Yeah but I think I used the wrong word. I'm talking about looking good, not the usual lame advices a balding person gets.

What I mean by 'balance' is :

Say your attractiveness was an "8" with your full head of hair. Now you got the hairloss and you lost, lets say, 2 full points. By the way, in my opinion if one's appearance is destroyed without a perfect hairline, well I think he wasn't very handsome to begin with. Good facial features don't go away.
    So lets say now you are a "6", most people can live with it. But if you want to be as attractive as possible, just work on the other aspects you can to shift the balance towards the 7 or 8 you were before.

For example: build up your body, lose weight if you need to, get a masculine but sharp eyebrow shape if you have a unibrow, work on facial hair that suits your face, etc etc etc

whatever you want, just re-shift that damn balance towards the "+" side.

Consider youself lucky that, as you said, you were considered good looking to begin with.

Stay strong,
    A.

PS: my hairloss shit started ad 25 so I know how you feel

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Gho's FUE is not a cure. Even if you use a very loose definition of the word cure, that is still not a cure. Even if Gho proves regeneration some day, his FUE is still not a cure.
    Its not a cure in technical sense. But if it can give you an APPEARANCE of full head of hair - most people will be satisfied. And it can, at least in many sessions. But we've been over this SO MANY TIMES.

Me personally?
    I don't care if its a pill, an HT or a 10000 stings in my forehead - if it gives me hair - I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    If the regeneration proves true, cure or not, its still a damn good workaround that can pretty much cover a completely bald head back to normal.

Dont mind Tracey guys, she advocates FUTs

Well, maybe I was wrong about the Nobel Prize thing:
    http://www.aderansresearch.com/pdfs/05WIRED_01_04.pdf

"I don't wanna sound too grandiose, but we'ere talking about Nobel Prize-level work here."

I'm really looking forward to their Phase II results.

Quote Originally Posted by mimosa View Post
    Ok, I'm a woman, I'm 23, so I don't completely get it from a guy's point of view (though my hair is really fine, thin, and well, my part is really wide especially where it ends at my crown area... female hair loss at such a young age SUCKS!).

But trust me, some women really don't care if a guy is bald. I've met guys with a lot of hair (nice hair, too) who were very unattractive otherwise, be it because of other physical feautures or because of personality (really, some girls may be shallow, but even they care about personality). Then there re guys who are bald, and they're HOT.

I have a friend, he's like 27, probably like a NW4. He's the hottest one in our group, and even though he's not that tall (like 5'8") and he has a normal body (not fat, not skinny, not muscular), he just has something, he has a nice face which is definitely a plus, but he's also a very light hearted, smart, interesting guy. He never lacks female attention, he's confident and he even dated a model for a while. I met him when he was already bald, so maybe that's why when I try picturing him with hair, I think he looks better bald. And he doesn't shave his entire head either, he has that typical MPB pattern going on. But I'm telling you he looks great!

Then I had a professor at university, he was completely bald. He had a nice body, also a nice face, he shaved his head, but he was probably a NW6. So slick bald... and he was hot, too. Too bad he was a) my professor and b) gay. Despite that, many girls had a crush on him. No one ever mentioned that he was bald as something bad or unattractive. Also, he was like 40, but looked like he was 30.

There are many famous, hot, bald guys, but since they're celebrities and therefore a bit more unrealistic I don't think it's healthy to compare yourself to them. But Bruce Willis, Taye Diggs, Chris Meloni and Vin Diesel (among many others) are hot, and I think only extremely picky (or blind) women wouldn't think they're hot. Hang in there! If you have a lot going on for you, if you try not to let it get to you, girls will like you! I have another male friend, he's like a NW2, so a lot less bald than my NW4 friend, and he frets so much about being bald, he lets that define him and that makes him unattractive ('cause he also has a nice face and a normal body, but the lac of confidence kills his attractiveness).

Last but not least, I have a mild degree of female AGA, which sucks, especially at this age (I mean, ain't this supposed to happen only after menopause?), and I constantly feel insecure, but I act confident and get a lot of male attention because I'm so much more than just hair! And so are you! Not all young women are shallow, remember that my NW4 friend dated a model (and it wasn't about money, 'cause he earns a modest salary).

I hope it helps.
    Yeh but if you shave it off and you have horrible bent head shape with loads of dents then you will look ugly.