+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by *******user View Post
    You misunderstand me, Tracy C. I'm not trying to 'keep up this argument' to 'win' it. Inter alia, I am trying to track things internationally.

The following is typical from Australia. Often these people report reasonable results at a colossal price, and then discover that a GP could prescribe the same at a fraction of the price.

'I had a free consultation with Ashley & Martin (Brisbane) last year 2011. They offered me the following 8 month program:

- 7% minoxidil with Retin Acid
    - 1.25 mg finesteride per day
    - Compulsary 20 minute laser therapy every fortnight
    - special shampoos & conditioners'

I do believe that there is scientific evidence that suggests 'retin acid' aids absorption. It does, of course, have inflammatory side effects with many people who would not go near it for this reason, inter alia.

******* - you are 100% correct - A & M hand over the 7.5% minox and get a doc in for the fin script.

Apparently the retin acid 'burns' ur skin a little to make the minox absorption more effective. But the huge downside is that the A&M mix is a darker colour than normal clear rogain - so if u sweat at night or it's not quite dry u end up with a discoloured aweful looking pillow

Quote Originally Posted by Giarcpnw View Post
    Tracy,

I see you post that same advice when anyone posts about
    Minoxidil above 5%. While I appreciate your conservative views of the
    use of the drug. I'd been on it for 7-8 years. No side effects.
    Lots of hair growth. Clearly, when it comes to hair loss we often play fast and loose with following the FDA suggestions. Which I personally think don't always. have our best interests in mind, rather the big pharm companies.

Regardless, people do what it takes to keep their hair. It worked for me.
    Does anyone have any actual similar experience to share regarding my situation

Thanks!

C
    We are on the same boat, my friend. I experimented with 10-15% minoxidil for 13 months, because I wanted to increase hair density in some areas of my temples. However, it turned out that I didn't react well to 15% minoxidil. It was too strong for my follicles and I lost more hair than I regrew. Gradually I went to 10% once every other day, but it didn't produce any worthwhile results anyway. Eventually, in February this year I decided to return back to 5% minoxidil, because I had less hair than at the beginning. I thought that there wouldn't be much difference between 10% minoxidil EOD and 5% minoxidil ED, and my hair would simply slowly return to the original state. My God, that was a terrible mistake! Four months later (in mid-June), hair on all places, where I had applied the 10% crap, was burned out like by some acid! There was almost nothing left!

In theory, the hair should grow back, but I can't confirm this assumption so far. It's been 5 months since the catastrophic shed stopped, but the lost hair still isn't back. Well, some hair regrew, but this was rather due to finasteride that I added in June. And the promising regrowth that I experienced during August stopped as quickly as it started, and I don't observe anything worthy of note during the last two months. My temples look very badly now and I lost all my patience. I decided for a small hair transplantation. It is a frustrating situation and I can understand you well.

If I were you, I would immediately return back to 15% minoxidil. Otherwise the shed will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    We are on the same boat, my friend. I experimented with 10-15% minoxidil for 13 months, because I wanted to increase hair density in some areas of my temples. However, it turned out that I didn't react well to 15% minoxidil. It was too strong for my follicles and I lost more hair than I regrew. Gradually I went to 10% once every other day, but it didn't produce any worthwhile results anyway. Eventually, in February this year I decided to return back to 5% minoxidil, because I had less hair than at the beginning. I thought that there wouldn't be much difference between 10% minoxidil EOD and 5% minoxidil ED, and my hair would simply slowly return to the original state. My God, that was a terrible mistake! Four months later (in mid-June), hair on all places, where I had applied the 10% crap, was burned out like by some acid! There was almost nothing left!

In theory, the hair should grow back, but I can't confirm this assumption so far. It's been 5 months since the catastrophic shed stopped, but the lost hair still isn't back. Well, some hair regrew, but this was rather due to finasteride that I added in June. And the promising regrowth that I experienced during August stopped as quickly as it started, and I don't observe anything worthy of note during the last two months. My temples look very badly now and I lost all my patience. I decided for a small hair transplantation. It is a frustrating situation and I can understand you well.

If I were you, I would immediately return back to 15% minoxidil. Otherwise the shed will continue.
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I was on the fence of ordering Promox 15%. However, there weren't too many people posting their experience with the product. I'm surprised the 15% led to a massive overhaul in shedding.

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I was on the fence of ordering Promox 15%. However, there weren't too many people posting their experience with the product. I'm surprised the 15% led to a massive overhaul in shedding.
    And how long have you been on DualGen? Did it work well? Any problems after the switch from ******* to DualGen?

What do you mean by the "massive overhaul"?

I think that Promox should be O.K. It is produced by some doctor. The only problem is the high price.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    And how long have you been on DualGen? Did it work well? Any problems after the switch from ******* to DualGen?

What do you mean by the "massive overhaul"?

I think that Promox should be O.K. It is produced by some doctor. The only problem is the high price.
    I think you've got me confused with somebody else. Never heard of ******* or DualGen.

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    I think you've got me confused with somebody else. Never heard of ******* or DualGen.
    Yes, you are true. I thought you were the author of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Giarcpnw View Post
    Finasteride user for 15 plus years. Been on ******* 12.5-and 15% for 7-8 years. Once a day. Switched to Dualgen-15 when ******* disappeared. Ran out of that about 5 months ago and bumped down to 5% lipogain.

Oh boy, did I lose a ton of hair in the last month. Like a TON.

I had two HT about 8 and 4 years ago. about 1800 hairs combined. Recreated my hairline and the minox was keeping all the hair behind the HT full and thick. Now I can plainly see where the hair is thinning behind my transplants. It's like the past 5-6 years just caught up to me over night. This is heavily depressing.

Has anyone else who was forced to reduce to the 5% from the 15% have any major shedding? I suspect it's not coming back if this was dose dependent hair growth. In a panic i just ordered grossly over priced Dualgen-15 from england on ebay. Hopefully it's the real thing. Any chance I'll get that growth back?

I really hate the FDA right now.

Bummed,
    Craig
    A question to the author of this thread: How long were you taking DualGen? Did it work well? Any problems after the switch from ******* to DualGen?