+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Ran out of 15% 5 months ago. Oh boy....shedding.

Finasteride user for 15 plus years. Been on ******* 12.5-and 15% for 7-8 years. Once a day. Switched to Dualgen-15 when ******* disappeared. Ran out of that about 5 months ago and bumped down to 5% lipogain.

Oh boy, did I lose a ton of hair in the last month. Like a TON.

I had two HT about 8 and 4 years ago. about 1800 hairs combined. Recreated my hairline and the minox was keeping all the hair behind the HT full and thick. Now I can plainly see where the hair is thinning behind my transplants. It's like the past 5-6 years just caught up to me over night. This is heavily depressing.

Has anyone else who was forced to reduce to the 5% from the 15% have any major shedding? I suspect it's not coming back if this was dose dependent hair growth. In a panic i just ordered grossly over priced Dualgen-15 from england on ebay. Hopefully it's the real thing. Any chance I'll get that growth back?

I really hate the FDA right now.

Bummed,
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Giarcpnw View Post
    I really hate the FDA right now.
    The FDA is looking out for you and everybody else. Those high blends of Minoxidil can do more harm than good.

Since you already have some more coming from the internet grey market, the best thing for you to do is taper your dose down to the legal 5% dose as slowly over time as possible. It is the sudden abrupt changes that cause these massive sheds that you experienced. The best way to avoid them is to make changes as slowly as possible.

The high dose blends are illegal for a darn good reason. Therefore it is in everyone's best interest not to get on them. That way you will never have to worry about supply problems.

Tracy,

I see you post that same advice when anyone posts about
    Minoxidil above 5%. While I appreciate your conservative views of the
    use of the drug. I'd been on it for 7-8 years. No side effects.
    Lots of hair growth. Clearly, when it comes to hair loss we often play fast and loose with following the FDA suggestions. Which I personally think don't always. have our best interests in mind, rather the big pharm companies.

Regardless, people do what it takes to keep their hair. It worked for me.
    Does anyone have any actual similar experience to share regarding my situation

Thanks!

C

I have been following several hair loss sites since the demise of Richard Lee's *******. To my knowledge Tracy C. is the only person to be so critical of 15% in such a blanket way.

My concern is that while the relevant websites contain many people who 'swear by' Richard Lee's 15%, there are precious few - if any - people who 'swear by' any of the other makers of what purports to be the same compound as Richard Lee's. It is puzzling.

The Belgravia Clinic, England has various MPB treatments available and like most recommend a combination of propecia and minox. As one might expect with clinics of this sort, they are expensive. Users have to pay for the whole apparatus of premises, staff, including medics, formulations, etc. However, they do - in appropriate cases - prescribe up to 12 1/2% minox with azeliac acid formulations. They do make it clear that higher doses of minox increase the risk of side effects. They do clearly list what they say are possible side effects (the usual ones, usually listed). There are undoubtedly many people who use 15% minox, once a day, who do not experience any of the listed side effects. However, what is less clear is what about possible side effects that aren't immediately obvious? I would like to see these listed. I think the reality is that we simply do not know what the long term effects might be in vulnerable people.

Go back to 5%. I'm sure it's better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by *******user View Post
    To my knowledge Tracy C. is the only person to be so critical of 15% in such a blanket way.
    I'm not the only one and I'm not being critical in a blanket way. I use my grey matter - and I use it a lot. It has taken me quite far in life and it keeps me out of trouble.

If you stick with the legal 5%, you will not have supply problems in the future.

@Tracy C

Most of the ripoff regrow you own hair companies in Australia who charge bullshit amounts for Finasteride and Minox ad so-called laser hair treatment. They use 12.5% minox so I have heard (Ashley and Martin, Advanced Hair Studio and another that I cant remember off the top of my head).

So.

Here in the US, blends higher than 5% are illegal. The FDA does not approve blends higher than 5% for a good reason. Maintaining a reliable source for blends higher than 5% is difficult in the US. What happens in Australia happens in Australia and has no effect on the legality of blends higher than 5% in the US.