Threaded View

Default One year and half my hair later.

It started soon after my 31st birthday. I was shocked and in disbelief once I noticed I was losing my hair. I have always had very thick hair and have zero family history of hairloss. Not only do I have full headed men on both sides of my immediate family, but my mother has an ancestral wall with photos of our family members going back to the mid 1800's. Not a bald head in the bunch. One thing that I'm sure is making thigs worse is my exceptionally stressful job.

It's been about a year now since my nightmare began and I've been doing all I can with poor results.

Since I still had most of my hair I started on Propecia. All was well until I was about two weeks in and started to experience sever insomnia. I tried to stick with it but it was getting to the point where my body was extremely weak due to the lack of sleep. I stopped with the propecia for a week until my sleep cycle normalized. I then started with taking half the dose (0.5mg) hoping I could get my body used to it. The insomnia started right back up again. Propecia just wasn't an option for me.

I then started to use Revivogen as my DHT blocker along with using Rogain foam to help grow back what I lost. For a few months I noticed the tiny new hairs from the minoxidil but I was still losing my hair at a rapid rate.

Then there were the minoxidil side effects. I had a lot of water retention to the point where my face ballooned and my clothes didn't fit right. A few months in my skin started to look like I smoked a carton of cigarettes a day.

I stuck with this combination for about 9 months but my hairloss has excellerated greatly. My sink is full of hair every morning just from mild brushing. My desk is littered with hairs and I've picked two off this iPad while writing this.

I finally gave up on the minoxidil recently once I started experiencing a rapid heart rate roughly an hour after each application. After the last episode of rapid heart rate ,which lasted about 10 minutes, my doctor and I thought it was time to call it quits. The side effects now outweighed the benifets.

In one year, I went from noticing a few extra hairs falling from my head to losing over half my hair volume on the top of my head and now a topical DHT treatment is all I have left as I try to fight this.

That's my story so far. Advice is welcomed. Photos shortly.