+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 16 and Balding

Default 16 and Balding

I am 16 years old and I think I am starting to show signs of male pattern baldness. I noticed a few weeks ago that the hair on the crown area and top of my head was thinning, but I haven't noticed any major signs of a receding hairline. I started researching and found that hair loss can be genetic. So I asked my grandfather on my mother's side when he began to lose hair and he told me that he started noticing hair loss when he was 18. Another thing I found while researching was that amount of exercise can be linked to hair loss. Which, if true, can be linked to my hair thinning because I was training in MMA fighting for about two months but recently stopped and suddenly didn't do any exercise at all. As soon as I stopped training is when I began to notice that my hair was thinning. Also, I am experiencing slight itching and tingling in the crown area of my head. Another thing is that I do shower and wash my hair, on average, two times a day. I was surprised when I noticed my hair was thinning because I grow hair on almost every other part of my body except for my back. I have already set an appointment with my dermatologist, but it won't be for another few weeks. I was wondering in the meantime if it would be a good decision to start using a thickening shampoo and take vitamins. So if there are any suggestions that you can provide I would greatly appreciate it.

I doubt the exercise has much to do with it.

This may be an odd question, but did you ever take accutane?

I took this drug around 16 and had hair loss like you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    I am 16 years old and I think I am starting to show signs of male pattern baldness. I noticed a few weeks ago that the hair on the crown area and top of my head was thinning, but I haven't noticed any major signs of a receding hairline. I started researching and found that hair loss can be genetic. So I asked my grandfather on my mother's side when he began to lose hair and he told me that he started noticing hair loss when he was 18. Another thing I found while researching was that amount of exercise can be linked to hair loss. Which, if true, can be linked to my hair thinning because I was training in MMA fighting for about two months but recently stopped and suddenly didn't do any exercise at all. As soon as I stopped training is when I began to notice that my hair was thinning. Also, I am experiencing slight itching and tingling in the crown area of my head. Another thing is that I do shower and wash my hair, on average, two times a day. I was surprised when I noticed my hair was thinning because I grow hair on almost every other part of my body except for my back. I have already set an appointment with my dermatologist, but it won't be for another few weeks. I was wondering in the meantime if it would be a good decision to start using a thickening shampoo and take vitamins. So if there are any suggestions that you can provide I would greatly appreciate it.
    Take some pictures...vitamins will help you big time, eat more vegetables and fruits into your diets. take biotin 10,000cmg from natrol. Also, apply oils like emu or olive and leave it for an hour or two before you shower. I think your too young to try nizoral, if not buy it and use it twice a week. I work out pretty much everyday, weightlifting and running a mile a day. I don't think this is a factor on hair loss unless your taking steroids or maybe creating. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Another thing I found while researching was that amount of exercise can be linked to hair loss.
    bullshit

care to post some pics?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinningB420 View Post
    I doubt the exercise has much to do with it.

This may be an odd question, but did you ever take accutane?

I took this drug around 16 and had hair loss like you are describing.
    Random quick question: do you smoke weed? I'm asking because your account name.(420)

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Random quick question: do you smoke weed? I'm asking because your account name.(420)
    No, I started loosing my hair before I was 20.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinningB420 View Post
    No, I started loosing my hair before I was 20.
    ahh me too, cheers. lol

Here's some pictures..

it doesn't show the pictures.