+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default What is going on with my hair?

Well, since i was little i've always had a dodgy hairline that was inbetween an NW1-2. I always had my hair shorter aswell but with a fringe so i hid the temples but yeah. Lately i've been worrying if i'm actually receding, because well, my hair does look like its receding. I first noticed it back when i was 15 when i pulled my hair back and it looks pretty much the same now (im 19). I only see 1 or 2 hairs in the shower and don't really lose any if i run my hand through my hair. It is also the same thickness as it always has been. Anyway, id appreciate it if you could give me your opinion on it. Im booked in for an appointment for a free consultation at belgravia next week so i'll see what they say.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg

Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	16322   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (2).jpg

Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	16323   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).jpg

Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	16324  

Thumbs up

Hi

It's difficult to tell from the photos, but I would say it is the early stages of mpb. It may progress slowly but I think you are wise to get an expert opinion. A word of advice, Belgravia will charge extortionate prices and they do not offer minaturisation tests, or even a proper assessment by a doctor. If you want to get a proper analysis, then you should consult Dr Bessam Farjo. He is currently the only IAHRS members in the UK.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    Hi

It's difficult to tell from the photos, but I would say it is the early stages of mpb. It may progress slowly but I think you are wise to get an expert opinion. A word of advice, Belgravia will charge extortionate prices and they do not offer minaturisation tests, or even a proper assessment by a doctor. If you want to get a proper analysis, then you should consult Dr Bessam Farjo. He is currently the only IAHRS members in the UK.

Good luck
    Thanks, i've just done there online form. So they do miniaturisation tests? I just wanted Belgravia's opinion on it. I won't be buying anything from them aha.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by johnbath View Post
    Thanks, i've just done there online form. So they do miniaturisation tests? I just wanted Belgravia's opinion on it. I won't be buying anything from them aha.
    Smart move. All I know is that Bessa Farjo seems to be the most respected Dr in the UK and that his practice should offer a good service. I'd be really interested to hear how you get on so please update us after your consultations.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    Smart move. All I know is that Bessa Farjo seems to be the most respected Dr in the UK and that his practice should offer a good service. I'd be really interested to hear how you get on so please update us after your consultations.

Cheers
    I will do, although if it is MPB which is causing it then aslong as it goes at a slow rate i may just leave it. Not fancy propecia with the side effects and better treatments could be out soon!

Leaving it a good option as long as you are prepared to eventually go bald if some of the newer treatments don't come out for several years. Right now your hair look pretty good so i would not worry about it too much.

I will do, although if it is MPB which is causing it then aslong as it goes at a slow rate i may just leave it. Not fancy propecia with the side effects and better treatments could be out soon!

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    Leaving it a good option as long as you are prepared to eventually go bald if some of the newer treatments don't come out for several years. Right now your hair look pretty good so i would not worry about it too much.
    I think i will just leave it for the moment, could rogaine help the hairline? If it gets any worse then i'll look into treatments i think

I think i will just leave it for the moment, could rogaine help the hairline? If it gets any worse then i'll look into treatments i think
    If you've been like that for a long time. I would not risk it with Rogaine.

Are you sure you see 2 hairs in the shower? How many times a week do you shower?

That means you don't have MPB at all. Just a full blown mature hairline.

Your hairline is receding.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    If you've been like that for a long time. I would not risk it with Rogaine.

Are you sure you see 2 hairs in the shower? How many times a week do you shower?

That means you don't have MPB at all. Just a full blown mature hairline.
    When i was around 16 i started losing a lot of hair like in the shower, now there's virtually nothing. If i run my hand through it none come out, and i shower everyday. Doesn't it look too receded though to be a mature hairline?