Question about pain after hairtransplant. Is the pain permanent?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dfmetal1
    • Jul 2011

DR Charles:
    I had my HT exactly one year ago and I have been experiencing major headaches since then. The first six months were misserable. I could not see straight, I was dizy, very fatigue and my headaches were unbearable. They lasted 24/7 and nothing seemed to help.I literally wanted to die from the pain. The last couple months my headaches are still presnt 24/7 but they are not as intense as they were before. I am affraid that my surgeon damaged my occipital nerve and I am affraid that my nerves are not gonna recoup.
    Based on the symtoms I have described,Do you think my occypital nerve was damaged?
    Do you think the damge is permanent or temporaly?
    Any medecine to ease the pain?

There are some serious risk involve in this type of suregery and ppl are not aware of the consecuenses.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
      IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
      • Nov 2008

Anything is possible. The normal anatomical position of the Occipital nerves is relatively deep and should not be damaged during a hair restoration surgery. A Neurologist may be able to perform nerve conduction studies or have ohter diagnostic tools to determine if there is damage to the occipital nerves. Hopefully, the intensity of the pain will continue to diminish and eventually go away all together.
      Dr. Glenn Charles
      Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
      View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...