+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

It's interesting because I had been on propecia for about 3 years. When I first read about reduced libido as a potential side effect I was thrilled as I had played Russian roulette a few too many times on the dating scene (i.e. going unprotected; which I do NOT endorse) and thought it would slow me down a bit. Nope. Libido was still very active (I did smarten up however).

Anyhow, I never even gave propecia a second thought. I just took and it worked great. Then about 3 days ago I walked into my home and completely out of the blue I thought to Google Propecia. Nothing prompted that. I did not see any news item, conversation with a friend...nothing. And then the terror begun. My hair has never been great but God decided to take very good care of me in terms of size down below and yesterday I was convinced that it shrunk. I don't even know is 'shrinkage' is medically possible. Then last need out with friends I started feeling foggy and pain in my lower abdomen. So, in my case I am pretty sure my psychological fears created this entire craziness. It has been a very weird experience and trying to go a little deeper as to what the heck is really going on.

I am for now dropping down to 7mg/week to about 3mg/4mg as I want to take this slowly. I am also going to my doctor today to table all these concerns.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    We don't talk kindly to folks who have sex before marriage around these parts of the webs. I suggest you tread carefully.
    You are weird.

Montreal, How long were you on fin before you began to see positive results? if you don't ming me asking

I'd also like to say people that do experience sides will massively overreact the sides, and literally blame EVERYTHING on the drug, try not to read upon the horror stories to much.

Also I think shrinkage can be from erection quality, when I'm rock hard I'm easily half an inch more than usual, if your erections aren't as hard anymore, it might be that than actual shrinkage.

Default My story.....

Here is my story...I started Propecia 1 mg on doc's prescription around February 2010. I was the picture of health. 33 years old, fit, was learning Chinese, had great sex with my fiancee and a great job as a teacher at one of America's best high schools. My hair was thinning and I check the Propecia website out, said only 2% experience side effects and even those go away, so I figured, what the hell? Few problems, and chance to keep my hair. Seems like a win-win. Around a year later, a started having crazy panic attacks and had trouble sleeping. My doc didn't think the drug would be causing this, and so I stayed on it. A month or so later, I realized my penis had become numb. Its was a very pernicious symptom, but it freaked me out. I eventually stopped Propecia....and everything got better. For almost 2 months. Then my life went to hell....sexual sides, panic attacks, depression, insomnia. Fast forward.....my fiancee and I broke up, now, after living in my own condo near Wrigley Field in Chicago, I've had to move back in with my parents, I am not working, etc. I was a National Merit Scholar in high school, graduated magna cum laude with a chemistry/physics degree from a prestigious school...and now I can't even work. And my dick doesn't work.
    This isnt fear mongering....this is the truth. PM....we can talk on the phone if you want, this drug is a poison. A poison.
    Now....its inevitable that in a few days, some one will post saying that I have an agenda, blah blah blah. I ask you this....why would a person come on a website and trash those trying to get the truth out? Who is more likely to have an agenda? A person who goes to a website to warn others, or someone who says "Don't worry about that guy....it's just in his head."
    For the drug company trolls on here.....explain this....in July 2012 I had my testosterone tested....and it was at a level that only 95 year old men have. Is that due to my "lack of positive energy" or the "placebo effect"? Or could it be a drug that screws with your hormones in a catastrophic way?

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Dude, snap out of it. You’ve been on Propecia with good results and no sides for 4 years and you're worrying about it now based on some unscientific studies and alarmist media reports? I’ve been taking it since 1998 and it has been the best decision of my life. Very, very, very few men experience real side effects. Know that! Check out my story here:

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...=1392#post1392

Default What is your job?

Which drug company or PR firm do you work for?

Can you explain why Propecia carried two different labels in Europe and America for years? Why did the European drug agency put warnings on Propecia, and yet in America nothing was done for years? Could it be the drug company didn't want to lose sales in the US, their biggest market? Good thing we know that Merck hasn't lied before about one of their drugs to improve sales. Wait, who made Vioxx?

Quote Originally Posted by Benzzro View Post
    I'd also like to say people that do experience sides will massively overreact the sides, and literally blame EVERYTHING on the drug, try not to read upon the horror stories to much.

Also I think shrinkage can be from erection quality, when I'm rock hard I'm easily half an inch more than usual, if your erections aren't as hard anymore, it might be that than actual shrinkage.

Quote Originally Posted by jorbie View Post
    Here is my story...I started Propecia 1 mg on doc's prescription around February 2010. I was the picture of health. 33 years old, fit, was learning Chinese, had great sex with my fiancee and a great job as a teacher at one of America's best high schools. My hair was thinning and I check the Propecia website out, said only 2% experience side effects and even those go away, so I figured, what the hell? Few problems, and chance to keep my hair. Seems like a win-win. Around a year later, a started having crazy panic attacks and had trouble sleeping. My doc didn't think the drug would be causing this, and so I stayed on it. A month or so later, I realized my penis had become numb. Its was a very pernicious symptom, but it freaked me out. I eventually stopped Propecia....and everything got better. For almost 2 months. Then my life went to hell....sexual sides, panic attacks, depression, insomnia. Fast forward.....my fiancee and I broke up, now, after living in my own condo near Wrigley Field in Chicago, I've had to move back in with my parents, I am not working, etc. I was a National Merit Scholar in high school, graduated magna cum laude with a chemistry/physics degree from a prestigious school...and now I can't even work. And my dick doesn't work.
    This isnt fear mongering....this is the truth. PM....we can talk on the phone if you want, this drug is a poison. A poison.
    Now....its inevitable that in a few days, some one will post saying that I have an agenda, blah blah blah. I ask you this....why would a person come on a website and trash those trying to get the truth out? Who is more likely to have an agenda? A person who goes to a website to warn others, or someone who says "Don't worry about that guy....it's just in his head."
    For the drug company trolls on here.....explain this....in July 2012 I had my testosterone tested....and it was at a level that only 95 year old men have. Is that due to my "lack of positive energy" or the "placebo effect"? Or could it be a drug that screws with your hormones in a catastrophic way?
    I'm in a similar situation although not as drastic. The problems starts (or gets much worse) for some after they stop. First you get better then you crash

I don't understand how living with your parents can be a side effect of finasteride?

Ted - any improvements in your symptoms? I've been on Clomid to get my T up - and its helped with the panic attacks....I am hopeful that next year I will have my shit together enough to start teaching again. I love that job....I just hope the insomnia and depression go away so I can keep doing it. How are you doing over time? What is your story? Can you share?

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    I'm in a similar situation although not as drastic. The problems starts (or gets much worse) for some after they stop. First you get better then you crash

Yeah...I had to quit my job because of the panic attacks, chronic insomnia, and depression....not of which were present in the first 33 years of my life. So quit, and moved back home to try and pull things together. Its probably just in my head, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    I don't understand how living with your parents can be a side effect of finasteride?