+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Finasterid WHY ??

No i am not asking why people take finasteride .

According to drug companies only a small percentage of people see those terrible side affects from the fin . For us on the internet its a lot more than that.
    But on the other hand we all know fin works wonders on your hair whether you see sides or not .

So my question is ,why dont drug companies /anyone try to find out why some men get the sides and some dont. If this question can be answered may be we could find a solution to avoid the sides .

And in the meantime men that will know for sure that they wont have the sides could happily use it and keep their hair on (literally)

Any thoughts ??

It's all about money.

My theory is they tested the drug successfully on people who were generally older and had advanced balding. There was little (if any) representation of younger man who are at the early stages of MPB, have minimal hair loss, or men using the drug merely as a preventative measure.

This is something we should all be aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    It's all about money.

My theory is they tested the drug successfully on people who were generally older and had advanced balding. There was little (if any) representation of younger man who are at the early stages of MPB, have minimal hair loss, or men using the drug merely as a preventative measure.

This does not explain why some younger men dont get any side affects at all ?

Do you understand what i am onto here ? If we knew what type of men wont get the side affects ,it could be the break through .
    This would probably require these unaffected men to be tested in many ways (age , blood type , dht levels etc etc )
    Obviously this is not beneficial to any drug companies since they want to sell to all of us without discrimination lol

Quote Originally Posted by vinnytr View Post
    This does not explain why some younger men dont get any side affects at all ?
    People have different hormonal profiles. Hypothetically, maybe 20% of guys below 30 with minor MPB will get side effects, whereas over 30 year olds might get 10%.

It's a big difference and something no one seems to have either thought about or cared about.

It's all about money.

The efficacy of PROPECIA was demonstrated in men (88% Caucasian) with mild to moderate androgenetic alopecia (male pattern hair loss) between 18 and 41 years of age. In order to prevent seborrheic dermatitis which might confound the assessment of hair growth in these studies, all men, whether treated with finasteride or placebo, were instructed to use a specified, medicated, tar-based shampoo (Neutrogena T/Gel®* Shampoo) during the first 2 years of the studies.
    There were three double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled studies of 12-month duration. The two primary endpoints were hair count and patient self-assessment; the two secondary endpoints were investigator assessment and ratings of photographs. In addition, information was collected regarding sexual function (based on a self-administered questionnaire) and non-scalp body hair growth. The three studies were conducted in 1879 men with mild to moderate, but not complete, hair loss. Two of the studies enrolled men with predominantly mild to moderate vertex hair loss (n=1553). The third enrolled men having mild to moderate hair loss in the anterior mid-scalp area with or without vertex balding (n=326).

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/drugsa...788s018lbl.pdf

8.1% is a lot higher than Merck are claiming. It's almost a 1 in 10 chance of your dick being broken.

People have different hormonal profiles. Hypothetically, maybe 20% of guys below 30 with minor MPB will get side effects, whereas over 30 year olds might get 10%.

It's a big difference and something no one seems to have either thought about or cared about.
    There you go , i am 36 with a NW5-6 (getting a HT in october) . I have only used fin for 2 days and i was scared shitless with what i was reading on the net
    If someone made a study and found men over 30 are less prone to the sides ,i could have given it a try .

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    The efficacy of PROPECIA was demonstrated in men (88% Caucasian) with mild to moderate androgenetic alopecia (male pattern hair loss) [B]between 18 and 41 years of age
    I bet you they could tell what type of men are more likely to get the sides but they are not releasing the data because it would stop them from trying FIN altogether.

As I never experienced sides, I still don't really know what the sides are.

I know I haven't lost any hair since 2002, but don't know whether or not I would of continued to lose hair after then if I wasn't on Fin.

sp8rky, how old were you when you started??? And was it progressing fast?

Tje question should be why don't companies make a topical DHT blocker ? So ppl can keep their hair without messing with their whole body hormones.