+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default First time "BIG 3" user -- 2 month photos

This is my first post after reading for the better part of a year different posts on this forum. I am 26 years old and was easily at a Norwood 5/6/7 with diffuse thinning. 2 months ago I decided it was better late than never and time to take MPB into my own hands. I reached out to one of the big US consultants for one of the best of the best in the transplant business, someone often discussed on these forums, knowing I likely could not get a transplant at this time but wanted to start the conversation in the event that I was a great responder to meds as I am still younger and never had to take medication for anything else prior in my life -- I thought that might make a difference. Long story short, I received a surprisingly appaling voicemail back telling me to put it all to rest and just enjoy living a life with a shaved head because it was a hopeless situation. I still listen to the voicemail if I ever need a little boost of motivation to stick with it. I am only 1.5 months into this, but I wanted to share my before photos as well as where I currently am just before the 2 month mark. I have not grown my hair out since 2008 for more than 2 or 3 days. Around the 1 month mark of using minox and fin I started seeing the small blonde hairs typically described in posts on this forum, but pretty quickly after that I started seeing small new black/dark brown hairs growing in areas I have seen in years -- mainly lower crown, vertex and temples, but literally all over my head. Additionally, my hairline has started to recreate itself where I last remember it in 2008 -- finer hairs but many of them seem to be growing stronger and darker and turning "terminal." I am very very early on in this process, and I am really looking forward to the ride. I had originally promised myself I wouldnt post on here until the 6 month mark, but based on what I am seeing and having always been motivated by some of the Bernstein photos of individuals my age just on the meds, I really want to document this journey and share my story. I was in a pretty diffused state, much of which seems to be growing back in slowly but surely. I have seen a complete turnaround to where I was and whhile the gains may look smaller to others, I see constant change in the right direction. The longest of the hairs in the photos is the length I have been able to grown over the 1.5 month period, the majority of the hairs that are just barely sticking out are hairs regrowing that, as I mentioned, I haven't been able to grow in sometime. Many of them are strong hairs about 1/3rd the length, or you can see them just starting to come through. The Nioxin just arrived so I will add that to my "regimen" this weekend. Thanks for taking time to read my post!
    AJ
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	13.jpg

Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	16300   Click image for larger version

Name:	14.jpg

Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	16301   Click image for larger version

Name:	15.jpg

Size:	89.5 KB
ID:	16302   Click image for larger version

Name:	20.jpg

Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	16303   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg

Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	16304   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.jpg

Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	16305   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg

Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	16306   Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg

Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	16307   Click image for larger version

Name:	11.jpg

Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	16308   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	16309  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	16310   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	16311  

Here are some close ups of different areas on my head including crown and vertex where I am seeing new hairs grow every day. This is where I have seen areas start to slowly fill in as these new hairs grow. I would appreciate any thoughts anyone has on this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	c.jpg

Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	16312   Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg

Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	16313   Click image for larger version

Name:	a.jpg

Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	16314  

Default No feedback??

No responses/advice/input? Come on guys and gals. For a forum that is so supportive of individuals going through hair loss I thought by taking the plunge and writing on here I may get some feedback...

It looks good man, keep at it. Don't give up hope, hopefully a new medication that reverse hair loss comes to the market soon.

I can see you started pretty late. From what I can see here, it looks like you've gotten some regrowth. You should shave entirely, and take pictures of the top of your head without flash. This way you can really tell the difference from baseline. You can't compare flash pictures with no flash pics, because they look different.

Thanks dex - and patiently waiting - my girlfriend has taken no flash pics from day 1. At the 2 month mark I will post the Day 1, 1 month and 2 month no flash pics. I would appreciate any thoughts at that time with the comparisons. Sorry about the ones with the flash I was more trying to capture the new hairs. Agree I started late... One more reason I religiously take this and never miss a dose of minox or fin.

oh man, im sorry bro but you left this shit too late. you could still go look at getting a hair transplant (although you dont look like the best candidate for that tbh) but in all seriousness you're using drugs that prevent baldness so you're not going to suddenly get coverage...

Damm good diference in 1.5 months indeed . In fact i can say its one of the best responses to medication i have seen. I am NW6 like yourself and scared shitless of FIN by the way .

How much of fin are you using ? Are you having any side affects ?

Looks good to me OP - good luck mate, hope it continues growing for you.

You're alredy sporting the shaved head which IMO looks fine
    Don't waste your time with all the potions , medications etc
    You've got some growth back but to be honest you're still balding ( sorry )