+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    win200,

At only 6.5 months post-op is awesome. You still have a way to go my friend!

Again, thanks for sharing these updates.
    Thanks, gillenator! It's amazing how your results can turn a corner relatively quickly; about 1.5-2 months ago, I was really disappointed and considered the surgery a relative failure. But now I'm happy with it, and I know it'll only improve in the months to come. I actually think it looks even better in person.

win200,

And just think, after the regrowth has fully completed, hair shaft maturation will improve the appearance of coverage even after 12 months!

Hair shaft maturation can continue up to 18 months post-op for some patients.

If you are ever in the greater Washington DC area, let me know as I would like to see your matured result in person. And if you have not toured DC, there's lots to see.

Plus my wife is an awesome cook!
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Win,
    I am three months and one week post op. I had a substantial amount of shock loss in my hairline. I was wandering did your shock loss recovery and if so around what month post op did you notice? I can feel a lot of stubble in my hairline. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gillenator View Post
    win200,

And just think, after the regrowth has fully completed, hair shaft maturation will improve the appearance of coverage even after 12 months!

Hair shaft maturation can continue up to 18 months post-op for some patients.

If you are ever in the greater Washington DC area, let me know as I would like to see your matured result in person. And if you have not toured DC, there's lots to see.

Plus my wife is an awesome cook!
    Thanks for that offer! If I'm around DC, I'll definitely take you up on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Getsome View Post
    Win,
    I am three months and one week post op. I had a substantial amount of shock loss in my hairline. I was wandering did your shock loss recovery and if so around what month post op did you notice? I can feel a lot of stubble in my hairline. Thanks.
    I don't think my shock loss has recovered, for the most part. I was under 30 when I had my procedure, which is the age most susceptible to shock loss, and I wasn't on Propecia. So I think I lost a fairly extensive amount of hair that was going to be lost eventually, and at 7 months, I doubt it'll return.

Win,
    You have had good results! Do you think it is all from new transplanted hair filling in bald spots and shock loss areas? Is there a way to tell the difference between shocked hair that has come back or if the new hair is transplanted hair?
    What makes you think your shock loss has not recovered even to a small degree? Thanks,
    Getsome

wow!

7 months and only 1450 grafts?!

fantastic transformation

hairline now frames your face great!

you can always add more to beef up if you want more density

but really great use of such a small amount of grafts in the hairline

congrats

Quote Originally Posted by rev3 View Post
    wow!

7 months and only 1450 grafts?!

fantastic transformation

hairline now frames your face great!

you can always add more to beef up if you want more density

but really great use of such a small amount of grafts in the hairline

congrats
    Thanks! I'm appreciating every day how resourceful my surgeon was. There's a very visible different in my hairline that frames my face well, but wasn't so drastic that people noticed; I don't think one person figured out I'd had work done. (Of course, I was barely a NW 2, at most, so most people couldn't tell I was losing hair anyway.) I got what I wanted, which was a different hairline, but he didn't blow through lots of grafts and he left me options moving forward. I also like that the edge of the hairline is relatively straight; everyone has their own opinion on this, but I prefer the straighter, more "fixed" hairline over the jagged, varriegated types that have a more "natural" look. There's something incredibly clean about the edge of my hairline now; straight and even.

Default Eight month update

Hey guys,

Just wanted to post an eight month update. No pics tonight, but I'll post some soon.

If you read through the thread history, at a few intervals I was really freaking out about shock loss. Well, no more. I decided to cut my hair short, and was frankly terrified about it. I thought a short cut would reveal tons of thinning, and that the front would be incredibly sparse and see-through. Well, I chopped it all off a few weeks ago, and it looks incredible. The transplant has really thickened up in the last two months, and the density in the hairline is incredible; there is zero--ZERO--evidence of thinning. I wear my short hair styled up, so the hairline is fully exposed and the hair is pulled back--the easiest way to expose a thinning hairline. It's undetectable. I simply don't look like I have hair loss.

I got a relatively low transplant; the tip of the widow's peak touches just a millimeter or two above my juvenile hairline, and the temples are just a little more than a centimeter above the juvenile line. Essentially, I have a mature hairline that isn't even fully mature at the widow's peak.

I've come to appreciate how relatively lucky I am. I hadn't looked back at my pre-transplant pictures in awhile, and looking at them now, I realize I really hadn't had much loss. And that's my level of loss at *30*, not 25. So I'll tentatively hypothesize that I dodged somewhat of a bullet and inherited fairly minor loss. My poor brother, who's four years younger than me, got hit much harder--he's 26 and has a rapidly thinning NW3. Just to be on the safe side, I've been on Propecia and minoxidil for 5 months now, and they seem to be working. My shedding has reduced a lot, but it's tough to tell how much is due to the meds and show much is due to loss from the surgery subsiding. (I had a scalp biopsy that came up positive for TE, so it looks like the surgery induced a heavy shed that's recovering.)

I'll update more later.

Default I lied, here are pics...

I'll post some close-ups of the hairline later, but this'll let you see how it looks when combined with my face.

The only problem now is that I'm tempted to get another procedure to drop down the temples a little bit... although I probably should just leave well enough alone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG

Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	19561   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG

Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	19562