+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ok, It's been like 2 months since I first posted this and I just wanted to say a few things.

I've been taking 1mg of Propecia every day and the side effects are non existent. I am sure it was all psychosomatic to begin with, but I've experienced no loss of libido after the first 2 weeks, no weak erections etc etc. I stopped thinking about the negative effects I was reading and just enjoyed being young and what would you know I was fine.

Looking at my hair loss, it's much more noticeable to me, actually you probably couldn't tell from the way my hair naturally lies. Yes, my temples have receded on both sides, I first noticed this maybe 5-6 months ago. Since then there has been no noticeable change in my opinion, even with what I thought was a strong shed (Could just be natural hair fall). So yes, my temples are receded/receding, but I seem to forget that I still have pretty much a full thick head of hair, and that the M shaped hairline I have now does not necessarily mean I will definitely lose my hair young. Looking around, I notice many people my age who have much worse hairlines but you would be so brave to call them balding.

I'm probably going to stick on the fin 1mg EOD though to save costs, I want to give it the time it needs to see if I can see any improvement. The shed i'm currently experiencing is really not that different to what I was experiencing before. In fact I really don't have evidence that I'm losing more than 100 hairs a day, as far as I can tell anyway.

So I know that one day I will probably lose most of my hair. No one in my family started losing hair before their mid 30's and I know this doesn't mean much, but many of them had the M shaped hairlines from a young age. All I know is these forums can be really detrimental to the mental wellbeing of people in their late teens/early twenties. We're living in such a superficial age, and it's so easy to get caught up in things which are really a non-issue. Sure I acknowledge that there are many young people who suffer aggressive hair loss, and for them these places are great. But for me, someone who has lost a bit of hair on his temples...I really don't want to come back here until it's major loss. I've got the advice from my Derm, I'm taking my measures to ensure it doesn't get significantly worse in the near future, however, if I'm 30 and I have no hair on my crown, so what!!! I'll shave my head and deal with it, because take a look around, nearly every male loses hair, it's a part of life. Yes it sucks when you're young, but once I'm older sure I would love my hair, but it's completely normal to see guys in their mid to late 20's who are bald and don't let it get them down at all.

Suppose the message is; if you're young and it's worrying you, speak to your doctor about your treatment options, then forget the name of this site, and go out and live your life. Don't stress yourself into submission.