Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stolli
    • Jul 2012

shaving head prior to HT

I am planning to get an HT sometime in december....would it be bad to shave my head right now? I dont know how much will grow back by december...does it matter?

Thanks
  • Still-Researching
    • Feb 2010

Unless you are doing a FUT and would like to have long hair in the back to cover the scar, then it would be a great idea to shave it all off. Have a look at if you like the look. You might even end up cancelling the surgery, if you like to rock the bald look ... If you never done it before - you might be surprised - it looks great on many people.

Who is your doc and is it FUE or FUT?
    Hope you have done plenty of research...
    Good luck.

Comment

• Stolli
      • Jul 2012

I don't yet have a doctor but i ideally want to have a FUE...I'm still in the process of doing research to pick the right doctor for me and going to various consultations...

any doctor recommendations or other advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

• Still-Researching
        • Feb 2010

If you have not picked a doctor yet, probably December is optimistic, as good doctors are booked some 4-6 month out. For FUE the list of top docs are short. It depends on your needs. My own short list was:

In case of a need up to 1200 grafts:
        Feller, Feriduni, Rahal (random order)

Above 1500 grafts:
        Feriduni or Rahal (random order)

Good luck.

Comment

• Dr. Glenn Charles
          IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
          • Nov 2008

Shaving your head now will certainly have any negative effect on a procedure planned for December. When you choose your hair restoration doctor you need tom m ask them what hair length they prefer you have going into the procedure. Good luck.
          Dr. Glenn Charles
          Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
          View my IAHRS Profile

Comment

Working...