+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thanks for responding about your donor hair and transplants. It's kind of what I expected to hear. I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out better for you. I am appreciative you are passing down your experience to the next generation considering HT. What you've suggested is rational and realistic, something this board tends to lack many times. Thank you.

As for beatinghairloss, I'm done arguing with you. Yes, your theory is outdated and wrong and your analogy is weak as a result of that. Just because you're a biology major and have done a little bit of research doesn't mean you know anything of real substance. You remind me a lot of my little brother. You're an expert, with more knowledge, than the professionals because you read a few books and took a few classes. You've even tried to compare your self study to Lincoln to justify your expertise. That may impress some people, but it won't fool an educated, intelligent individual. Good luck with your endeavors.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinningB420 View Post
    Thanks for responding about your donor hair and transplants. It's kind of what I expected to hear. I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out better for you. I am appreciative you are passing down your experience to the next generation considering HT. What you've suggested is rational and realistic, something this board tends to lack many times. Thank you.

As for beatinghairloss, I'm done arguing with you. Yes, your theory is outdated and wrong and your analogy is weak as a result of that. Just because you're a biology major and have done a little bit of research doesn't mean you know anything of real substance. You remind me a lot of my little brother. You're an expert, with more knowledge, than the professionals because you read a few books and took a few classes. You've even tried to compare your self study to Lincoln to justify your expertise. That may impress some people, but it won't fool an educated, intelligent individual. Good luck with your endeavors.
    It’s ok to have counter arguments for the sake of keeping all parties honest but your lack of scientific due process keeps you in an intellectual hole. Your mind will never experience enlightenment without thinking outside the status quo and its common misconceptions. The world history is full of “facts” being disproven. The research I have collected is profoundly obvious. The sad part is you have negated the evidence without any real reading or consideration which makes you a fool to say the least. Read one of the published scientific studies I have posted and then come back and make your argument. No…no you won’t because the biggest difference between me and you is that you’re too damn lazy to read even one document on the subject. You rely on forums for information, try relying on reading real medical documents then come back and make an educated rebuttal. **** your hogwash.

I'm in your position. Ht in the late 70's. Terrible outcome. What body hair did Cole use, how many grafts and what cost. I might be going that route. thanks.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

I initially had around 1400 grafts placed by Dr. Cole to fix the unnatural hairline resulting from 4mm punch grafts done in the 70's by The Bosley Medical Group. I was later asked to participate in a BH growth study at Dr. Cole's office. I gladly participated. Grafts were taken from my legs, back, neck and upper arms. Most of the obvious 4mm punch scars at the upper back of my head were grafted into. That was effective in getting rid of the white scars. I still have a lot of shotgun scars from The Bosley Medical Group's work in the late 70's that have not been treated or grafted into. I can just barely conceal these scars with the existing donor area hair. It's a real embarrassment. Unlike a strip scar, shotgun scars look intentional and freaky.

I have been out of touch with HT technology since around 2008. Dr. Cole has developed many new technologies and currently recommended beard hair for my upcoming repair surgery.

I don't know what Dr. Cole's current price structure is these days, but I'm fairly certain, the new technology has enabled better pricing.

Thanks. That was helpful info. Good luck with your repair. Please post your follow up with Dr. Cole. The more info the better.

35yearsafter I’m a few years younger than you but not much. You are welcome to view my thread “Follow my major repair” I’m still in the process but you might find it helpful. It has been consistently updated with up close pictures in extremely bright light.

Thank you Topcat for sharing your journey. How are you doing now? Did you finish your procedures or will you go for more? Luckily I did not get nearly as burned as you. I got 1200 plugs in the late 70's front and crown which is minor to what you went through. I had my first modern transplant done Nov 2011 when I got a 2300 strip transplant from a good, caring, and experienced Dr which yielded about 4500 hairs to my front and sides. It's growing in and I still have some donor hair left but will be needing bht to make my scalp look reasonable. I'm a Norwood 6 with fine wavy hair so the 4500 hairs framed my face but very thinly. Sorry about all of your troubles and I hope you get some satisfaction. And thanks for all of your advice and input. I will let you know if I do the bht and how it comes out. I've been in touch with Dr Cole and Dr Umar.

I am scheduled for a procedure in November and I am just taking it one procedure at a time. I am doing very well thanks for asking and I enjoy coming to these forums and posting my own point of view. Too many in this industry need to be babysat otherwise they seem to do and say whatever they want.

I had plenty of consultations here in the States. I either didn’t like the work and some of what I saw was disturbing or I didn’t like the way the doctor carried himself. It’s seems they don’t like anyone asking too many questions and then to top it off they got the balls to make you try and feel bad that you are asking questions. That tactic doesn’t work with me. It’s see through bullshit to get the patient to go along and I don’t put up with it.

I'm actually less concerned with my own case and more concerned about keeping an eye on those that work in the this industry. My hair is much easier to style now and if I can make small improvements over time great if not no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    So you lost 70% of the hair that is supposed to be genetically immune to DHT.....2020......greatjob!.....patientlywaiting.. ...25 going on 65....UK......you guys been barking this cant happen well it just did. Over a long period of time or a short you will lose transplanted hair! Its not genetic individual sensetivity its the tight galea aponeurotica!
    I don't know what you're talking about.