+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Default a girl's perspective

Hey Guys,

I came across this forum while looking into why my hair was shedding excessively (it was stress/sleeping patterns, got to thank nursing school for that!) and I felt torn reading about the concerns some of you guys have about dating, and womens' perceptions on balding.

There are women out there who don't at all see balding as a turn off! Some like it, and others just plain don't care about their guy's hair. It's not just older women either, I just turned 23 and don't consider a receding hairline at all a negative. Actually it's a good indication to me that he most likely has awesome chest hair, and there's just nothing sexier than that The last guy I dated was 27 and a 3/3A I believe. Came up to me at a bar and was sweet as well as confident and I was hooked! I know other women around my age who feel the same so it's not just me. Trying not to sound vain, but we're pretty good looking girls too so it's not at all a 'best we can get' scenario.

Anyway just thought I'd throw out a boost. I understand how hair loss can break down your confidence, but maybe see it this way- If a woman is really that shallow that she won't look at you twice without having a full head of hair, probably not someone you want in your life anyway. The most conceited people are the most unhappy bunch!

Sorry if that was filled with spelling errors or just plain unclear in some spots. It's been a long day!

Hey, I'm from Toronto, I'd say I'm about a NW2 right now, wanna go out some time???

Hehehe :P

Layla, you are right that not all women care about a guy's hair but MOST do, at least certain age groups. Most young women, especially late teens and up to late 20's DO care about guys' hair. Some women who are into their 30's and 40's care about hair too and wouldn't date bald men. The other thing is, not all bald men are equal. Some men look acceptable bald. Some look hideous and just plain ugly. Some men have a very large bald area -like humor simpson's- that really make'em look weird. Those men have tougher luck attracting women than men with moderate bald areas do. I'd say the vast majority of women wouldn't date these guys, but yeah, even those will probably find women to date but realistically, what do you think their chances are of dating a hot blonde woman? Again, I don't want to hear about that 1 in 10 million odds that people keep giving us AS IF IT WERE THE NORM.

But here's what I want people to understand, THIS ISN'T JUST ABOUT WOMEN OR DATING. Many of us (men) want hair because well, WE WANT HAIR. We want to look good for ourselves and NOT just for the women. Hair to many of us = confidence. Like they say, when you look good you feel good. That's so very true I find. Some days when my hair looks good I feel a sudden rush of happiness and confidence. Other days, when my hair looks like sh*t, I feel like sh*t too and my confidence just disappears. Women always say they want to look good and sexy for themselves -bull shit of course- but we men want the same -to look good and sexy FOR OURSELVES AND THE WOMEN. Nothing wrong with that, and NO, baldness isn't sexy and doesn't look anywhere near as good as hair. Ok, I don't want to hear the "Sean Connery is sexy" crap either. Who here thinks prince William looks good bald? Do you remember what he looked like with hair? Yeah. Totally different, eh?

Highlander, I'm with you but no need to attack this woman for stating her opinion. She's apparently one of those women who don't care about a guy's hair. Good for her but maybe she doesn't realize she's in the minority.

According to Isabella Snow, who writes articles for Askmen, hair isn't in the top 6 list for male body parts women find sexy. I heard this on a sports radio station and was surprised. The good thing is I possess many of these qualities on the list.

http://isabellasnow.hubpages.com/hub...ale-Body-Parts

It's as follows:

1. Lips
    2. Eyes
    3. Arms
    4. Shoulders
    5. Pecs
    6. Abs

I think we on this forum overrate hair. Yeah, some women may find hair extremely important, and guys with phenomenal hair might make a difference. However, if you have a good shaped head and a ripped body you will look hot regardless of hair.

Of course this is my opinion and you can disagree but we don't need to start attacking those we disagree with personally. Stick to objective disagreements.

Thank you for your post Layla. Don't take any attacks personally... people will always believe want they want to believe.

When it comes to attracting women most men are useless anyway... with or without hair... so it does make me chuckle when people think that their hairloss is preventing them from getting that "hot blonde chick".

Give me a break... most of these people wouldn't be hooking up with hot girls even if they had an amazing full head of hair. There'd be some other excuse.

So thanks again and take care.

Case in point - heath ledger:

Before he died:

Knocked points off his good looks.

Quote Originally Posted by mathmoose View Post
    Thank you for your post Layla. Don't take any attacks personally... people will always believe want they want to believe.

When it comes to attracting women most men are useless anyway... with or without hair... so it does make me chuckle when people think that their hairloss is preventing them from getting that "hot blonde chick".

Give me a break... most of these people wouldn't be hooking up with hot girls even if they had an amazing full head of hair. There'd be some other excuse.

So thanks again and take care.
    You are right they will still be useless.

Only difference is the girl will pull him instead.

How do I know - that's how things were for me pre hairloss. Girls used to call me handsome. Never hear that shit anymore.

lol highlander, it isn't your looks that hold you back. It's your shitty attitude!

Thank you Layla, you boost my confidants. Now I feel like I don't have to look at myself in the mirror every 20 minutes. BAR HOOPING HERE I GO

AND

Highlander, you crack me up HAHAHAHA!!! N1 OR DEATH lol

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Case in point - heath ledger:

Before he died:

Knocked points off his good looks.

I disagree with you on this. His looks are worse not because of his hair. Rather, the bags under his eyes, the facial hair which doesn't suit him that well, and the fact that his chiseled features are not as prominent due to aging, gaining fat, the beard, or the different angle of the shot. His hairline is the least of his problems in that picture.