a girl's perspective

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alf
    • Jul 2012

Layla, thanks for the words for me they mattered.

Comment

• beatinghairloss
      • May 2012

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
      If the skin tightness on the top of the head was the only reason for going bald I'm fairly certain they would have figured that out by now.
      Please tell me your not gonna rely on a thought that they should have figured it out by now. Look at the muscles in the head and galea your telling me you dont think that tightness could cause hair loss? Feel your head?

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by beatinghairloss
        Please tell me your not gonna rely on a thought that they should have figured it out by now. Look at the muscles in the head and galea your telling me you dont think that tightness could cause hair loss? Feel your head?
        so where does DHT fit in with this? Tight scalp makes follicles more susceptible to DHT? I swear to god if you mention the word clogging anywhere....

Comment

• beatinghairloss
          • May 2012

Originally posted by 2020
          ... what are you even planning on publishing? Pretty sure you don't have access to some secret studies that I couldn't find online. Will you seriously try to convince us that galea is the cause of MPB?

Cancer cells are in your body everywhere for them to have an affect they need the right condition. DHT is cancer to your hair and that right condition is a tight scalp. Feel your head where you lose hair most and compare it to where your beginning to lose hair and then to the sides where you haven’t at all. You can have low levels of DHT and a really tight scalp and you lose hair. You can have really high levels of DHT and a slightly less tight scalp and still lose hair. The combination of both causes hair loss and that’s why it’s been such an elusive and misunderstood problem. Women make testosterone too and there scalps also become tight. Think about how many of us lose hair during stressful times it almost induces the beginning of many peoples hair loss. The muscles in your neck get tight and then the muscles in your head do. Look again. That doesn't look strikingly obvious? Look at the photo feel your scalp.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
            • Jul 2011

K summerize any one of the studies? Prove it make a rebuttal?
            this will never happen... nobody here, bar maybe 2020, can even remotely rebute an argument correctly

I think you're theory is interesting, but I dont have the time to go through it, nor do I have the necessary background in human bio.

Sometimes, when I'm stressed or angry, I can feel a strange tingling tightness in the scalp...

its intriguing. I hope its not true, but I don't see any great criticism of the theory coming from anyone else... 2020 should do a more thorough and open minded analysis. I can tell he's not really taking his time to verify each assumption in your model etc.

Hair loss = Masturbation + Tight Scalp + genetics

what are the coefficients

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
              • Jul 2011

so where does DHT fit in with this? Tight scalp makes follicles more susceptible to DHT? I swear to god if you mention the word clogging anywhere....
              yes, please elaborate on this beatinghairloss (bynotbeatingmeat)

Comment

• Jan 2012

Cancer cells are in your body everywhere for them to have an affect they need the right condition. DHT is cancer to your hair and that right condition is a tight scalp.
                first of all, "tight scalp" is so vague. How so? Bald areas have less blood vessels and that's why it feels that way

Feel your head where you lose hair most and compare it to where your beginning to lose hair and then to the sides where you haven’t at all.
                I feel no difference

You can have low levels of DHT and a really tight scalp and you lose hair. You can have really high levels of DHT and a slightly less tight scalp and still lose hair.
                amazing how steroid users start losing hair when excess DHT is introduced in their system... do steroids cause tight scalp in those individuals or what?

The combination of both causes hair loss and that’s why it’s been such an elusive and misunderstood problem. Women make testosterone too and there scalps also become tight.
                oh yeah great that you mention women: PCOS

with PCOS, women start androgenic balding process. Does PCOS cause them to have tight scalp?

Think about how many of us lose hair during stressful times it almost induces the beginning of many peoples hair loss.
                your body has about a trillion responses when a person is under stress... I bet at least a few of them have something to do with MPB process and not "scalp tightness"

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                this will never happen... nobody here, bar maybe 2020, can even remotely rebute an argument correctly
                I already debunked that theory in this thread:
                Beating hair loss is a multidisciplinary approach that is rearely reached to a combination of misinformation and lack of self control. I think of growing hair much like anything that grows in that all requirements must be met for optimal growth. A plant does not just need sune it needs waters as well. Any given plant also needs

Comment

• Jan 2012

BY THE WAY:

last time he was promoting this site, which I assume belongs to him:

Comment

• beatinghairloss
                    • May 2012

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP

I think you're theory is interesting, but I dont have the time to go through it, nor do I have the necessary background in human bio.

Sometimes, when I'm stressed or angry, I can feel a strange tingling tightness in the scalp...

its intriguing. I hope its not true, but I don't see any great criticism of the theory coming from anyone else... 2020 should do a more thorough and open minded analysis. I can tell he's not really taking his time to verify each assumption in your model etc.

Hair loss = Masturbation + Tight Scalp + genetics

what are the coefficients

Precisely. Genetic hair loss only refers susceptibility to the speed at which the prostate grows, muscle configuration in the head and relivent tightness (which might just be caused by inherited stress), and the amount of hair follicles someone has. There is no genetic predisposition per follicle that is absurd. Genetic variation would not allow it to skip the hair on the sides and start from front to back and top to bottom. There are pressure points and if you take your hand on your head you will feel them. Look at the shape of your head and look at the muscles surrounding them surely you can’t claim that as coincidence. We as men have very different head shapes but we all have muscles that if made tight will pull down on the scalp and choke the smallest blood transport vessel in your body….the capillaries of your scalp. Look it up. Imagine stepping on a hose slightly to slow flow down you think pressure can’t do that to your tine capillaries? Blood flow is reduced in balding men that is fact see here for citing.

Our study was designed to measure the transcutaneous PO2 of the scalp to determine if there was a relative microvascular insufficiency and associated tissue hypoxia in areas of hair loss in male pattern baldness. A controlled prospective study was performed at Butterworth Hospital, Grand Rapids, Mic …

Comment

• beatinghairloss
                      • May 2012

BY THE WAY:

last time he was promoting this site, which I assume belongs to him:
                      http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.p...ttern_baldness
                      The only thing I ever referenced from that site was one guys perspective on the very same tightness that I am talking about. I have never endorsed anything else from that site. I own no site. I have published no documents on the subject. I am a complete nobody who has nothing to gain here. So don’t ****ing put words in my mouth.

Comment

• 25 going on 65
                        • Sep 2010

Oh god this nonsense again, lol.

Edit: original post was good Layla, thank you.

Comment

• Jan 2012

right, you base your theory on a suspicion that your scalp feels tight in some places...

Blood flow is reduced in balding men that is fact see here for citing.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8628793
                          I've already addressed that part a billion times...

when a hair starts moving to anagen phase, it stimulates its own blood supply(more blood vessels).
                          When hair is in resting phase(bald spots!), there is naturally less bloodflow BECAUSE NOTHING NEEDS TO GROW AT THE MOMENT.

Comment

• beatinghairloss
                            • May 2012

Im done here my fingers hurt have a good weekend everyone.

Comment

• Tracy C
                              • Sep 2011

K summerize any one of the studies? Prove it make a rebuttal?
                              There is absolutely no need for anyone to waste their time on that nonsense. The whole idea is BS wrapped up in more BS - with a capital "B" and a capital "S".

Time does not grow on trees you know...

Comment

• beatinghairloss
                                • May 2012

Originally posted by Tracy C
                                There is absolutely no need for anyone to waste their time on that nonsense. The whole idea is BS wrapped up in more BS - with a capital "B" and a capital "S".

Time does not grow on trees you know...
                                Yea nobody should waste there time finding answers to the most elusive devastating cosmetic "disorder" of our time. No reading or consideration or experimenting theorizing should be done on a field of uncertainties. We shall do as you do and sit on our lazy asses. Excuse my French I do extend my respect too woman so to avoid confrontation I will ignore your negligence.

Comment

Working...