Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mpb47
    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by WarLord
    I am amazed, how easily you are pulling all these numbers out of your asses. When I started my anti-hairloss treatment in 1997, I didn't care about any numbers. I hoped that it would work forever, if I apply it disciplinedly. And so far it has worked, as I supposed. Why should it stop working, after all? People take some medications for decades. Why should anti-hairloss medications be an exception? Have you ever heard doctors saying that some medication will work for only a certain number of years? How silly it is!

It was only after I found the first hairloss forum in 2007, when I started to read all those stories about "the loss of efficiacy".
    I am amazed that you think that on minox alone you will never lose ground.

Comment

• WarLord
      • May 2012

Originally posted by mpb47
      I am amazed that you think that on minox alone you will never lose ground.
      And why should I "lose ground"? It's the same old song sung by Bryan the Baldy, isn't it? Minoxidil won't maintain hair, because it doesn't address the underlying cause, blah blah, blah...

It seems that you have problems with logical thinking, don't you? Or do you want to tell me that minoxidil is not an anti-hairloss treatment, that it doesn't regrow hair? Do you agree that it regrows hair? Do you? And when it regrows hair, it means that it is able to interfere with the process of balding. What do you think? It is so difficult to understand? Or should I explain it even in a more detailed way?

Minoxidil keeps your hair in the growth phase, probably by counterbalancing PGD2/PGE2 ratio, which is the direct cause of hairloss, as we recently learn. DHT stands at the root of the problem, but you don't need to address DHT to stop hairloss. It is only one part in the chain of events leading to the follicle's destruction. If it were so simple, you would regrow 100% of your hair after blocking DHT.

BTW, there are people maintaining their hair on minoxidil for 20-25 years. Some of them are still above baseline. Do you own a time machine and can you tell them that they will inevitably lose hair one day?

Your statement is completely fabricated and actually at variance even with those few long-term minoxidil studies that we have at disposal. It is one of poisonous fallacies infecting internet hairloss forums.

Comment

• mpb47
        • Apr 2012

And why should I "lose ground"? It's the same old song sung by Bryan the Baldy, isn't it? Minoxidil won't maintain hair, because it doesn't address the underlying cause, blah blah, blah...

It seems that you have problems with logical thinking, don't you? Or do you want to tell me that minoxidil is not an anti-hairloss treatment, that it doesn't regrow hair? Do you agree that it regrows hair? Do you? And when it regrows hair, it means that it is able to interfere with the process of balding. What do you think? It is so difficult to understand? Or should I explain it even in a more detailed way?

Minoxidil keeps your hair in the growth phase, probably by counterbalancing PGD2/PGE2 ratio, which is the direct cause of hairloss, as we recently learn. DHT stands at the root of the problem, but you don't need to address DHT to stop hairloss. It is only one part in the chain of events leading to the follicle's destruction. If it were so simple, you would regrow 100% of your hair after blocking DHT.

BTW, there are people maintaining their hair on minoxidil for 20-25 years. Some of them are still above baseline. Do you own a time machine and can you tell them that they will inevitably lose hair one day?

Your statement is completely fabricated and actually at variance even with those few long-term minoxidil studies that we have at disposal. It is one of poisonous fallacies infecting internet hairloss forums.
        You say all of this, yet you admit you have gone on propecia. So which is it?

Comment

• WarLord
          • May 2012

You say all of this, yet you admit you have gone on propecia. So which is it?
          First of all, I wanted to get back the hair that I had lost in the spring last year, after the sudden switch from 10% to 5% minoxidil. After a 13-months' experiment, it was clear to me that minoxidil alone - in whatever strength - can't regrow much hair, at least in my temples.

Second, the long-term effect of minoxidil can't be predicted from any numbers. I have kept my hair on 5% minoxidil for 15+ years, others for 20-25 years, but nobody has used this stuff for more than 25+ years, so the long-term efficiacy of 5% minoxidil is not known. We don't know, how much - if any - men can keep their hair on this relatively low concentration until the end of their lives.

In the case of 5-AR blockers, the long-term effectiveness can be predicted, because a stuff like dutasteride will suppress your DHT on the level of 5-years' old boys. This guarantees you a virtually lifelong safety, especially when combined with minoxidil. Well, I could progressively increase the strength of minoxidil solutions, to be ahead of the process, but there aren't any reliable suppliers of 5+ % minoxidil (big manufacturers), on which you could rely long-term. Only private doctors and companies that can emerge and disappear quickly. Therefore, it was clear to me that 5-AR blockers is the only safe way to go.

BTW, after a 3-months' pause from minoxidil, your look should already be approaching that of inspector Kojak (or a cancer patient). If it doesn't, then it means that this stuff has never really worked in you.

Comment

• WarLord
            • May 2012

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

• mpb47
              • Apr 2012

So if you *really* believe that minox is enough, then stop propecia now and see what happens 5-10 years down the road.

First of all, I wanted to get back the hair that I had lost in the spring last year, after the sudden switch from 10% to 5% minoxidil. After a 13-months' experiment, it was clear to me that minoxidil alone - in whatever strength - can't regrow much hair, at least in my temples.

Second, the long-term effect of minoxidil can't be predicted from any numbers. I have kept my hair on 5% minoxidil for 15+ years, others for 20-25 years, but nobody has used this stuff for more than 25+ years, so the long-term efficiacy of 5% minoxidil is not known. We don't know, how much - if any - men can keep their hair on this relatively low concentration until the end of their lives.

In the case of 5-AR blockers, the long-term effectiveness can be predicted, because a stuff like dutasteride will suppress your DHT on the level of 5-years' old boys. This guarantees you a virtually lifelong safety, especially when combined with minoxidil. Well, I could progressively increase the strength of minoxidil solutions, to be ahead of the process, but there aren't any reliable suppliers of 5+ % minoxidil (big manufacturers), on which you could rely long-term. Only private doctors and companies that can emerge and disappear quickly. Therefore, it was clear to me that 5-AR blockers is the only safe way to go.

BTW, after a 3-months' pause from minoxidil, your look should already be approaching that of inspector Kojak (or a cancer patient). If it doesn't, then it means that this stuff has never really worked in you.

Comment

• WarLord
                • May 2012

So if you *really* believe that minox is enough, then stop propecia now and see what happens 5-10 years down the road.
                What is the point of this post? I told you that I had been on minoxidil alone for 15,5 years. This is enough time to evaluate its long-term efficiacy. If you don't respond to this drug, don't denigrate it. You are brainwashed by the silly agenda that the only way, how to stop AGA is to use anti-androgens.

For a change, I don't respond to finasteride.

Comment

Working...