+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

So if you *really* believe that minox is enough, then stop propecia now and see what happens 5-10 years down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by WarLord View Post
    First of all, I wanted to get back the hair that I had lost in the spring last year, after the sudden switch from 10% to 5% minoxidil. After a 13-months' experiment, it was clear to me that minoxidil alone - in whatever strength - can't regrow much hair, at least in my temples.

Second, the long-term effect of minoxidil can't be predicted from any numbers. I have kept my hair on 5% minoxidil for 15+ years, others for 20-25 years, but nobody has used this stuff for more than 25+ years, so the long-term efficiacy of 5% minoxidil is not known. We don't know, how much - if any - men can keep their hair on this relatively low concentration until the end of their lives.

In the case of 5-AR blockers, the long-term effectiveness can be predicted, because a stuff like dutasteride will suppress your DHT on the level of 5-years' old boys. This guarantees you a virtually lifelong safety, especially when combined with minoxidil. Well, I could progressively increase the strength of minoxidil solutions, to be ahead of the process, but there aren't any reliable suppliers of 5+ % minoxidil (big manufacturers), on which you could rely long-term. Only private doctors and companies that can emerge and disappear quickly. Therefore, it was clear to me that 5-AR blockers is the only safe way to go.

BTW, after a 3-months' pause from minoxidil, your look should already be approaching that of inspector Kojak (or a cancer patient). If it doesn't, then it means that this stuff has never really worked in you.

Quote Originally Posted by mpb47 View Post
    So if you *really* believe that minox is enough, then stop propecia now and see what happens 5-10 years down the road.
    What is the point of this post? I told you that I had been on minoxidil alone for 15,5 years. This is enough time to evaluate its long-term efficiacy. If you don't respond to this drug, don't denigrate it. You are brainwashed by the silly agenda that the only way, how to stop AGA is to use anti-androgens.

For a change, I don't respond to finasteride.