+ Reply to Thread

Default How to know which doctor?

I am looking for a good transplant surgeon in Los angeles or St. Louis....but cant figure out what criteria to use when choosing one. I went on IHARS and had a consultation with dr. mcandrews who is the head but he was way too expensive..

then i found a doctor in my area from IHARS named straub and he was more affordable but the reviews on several forums were not too good.

Does anybody have a surgeon they can recommend? how do you guys pic? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stolli View Post
    I am looking for a good transplant surgeon in Los angeles or St. Louis....but cant figure out what criteria to use when choosing one. I went on IHARS and had a consultation with dr. mcandrews who is the head but he was way too expensive..

then i found a doctor in my area from IHARS named straub and he was more affordable but the reviews on several forums were not too good.

Does anybody have a surgeon they can recommend? how do you guys pic? Thanks
    I’ve been burned by other forums so I do not trust them, especially if they sell hair loss products and stuff. You never know where the positive or negative reviews come from. You have to just go with your gut and meet with lots of patients. McAndrews is considered a top surgeon in LA but so is Dr. Zeiring and I have been seeing more pictures posted by Dr. Dauer and his patients looks excellent. Don't listen to anyone who comes on here and tries to convince you of one technique over another. You have to speak with the doctors you are thinking about having surgery and learn about the different types of surgery for yourself. Traveling is always an option too so you can have consultations with other doctors in other states to try to get a feel for everything.

yeah, im having another consult. this saterday and another one next week, but i dont know what to look for. all there pictures seem great but who knows? I guess i dont trust me gut that much...

Quote Originally Posted by Stolli View Post
    yeah, im having another consult. this saterday and another one next week, but i dont know what to look for. all there pictures seem great but who knows? I guess i dont trust me gut that much...
    Who are are you consults with? Just try to ask to see patients who look like you. You know, same type of hair, skin and hair loss type. This will give you a realistic idea of what can be achieved with your type of characteristics. Once you have a few consultations you'll get an even better feel about what to ask in follow up consults which you can always do online.