+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

what you using mate? regaine foam??? theres def an improvement there. ive been on minox for my temples for over 8 months but re growth is non existent

Quote Originally Posted by elnino View Post
    what you using mate? regaine foam??? theres def an improvement there. ive been on minox for my temples for over 8 months but re growth is non existent
    his using minoxidil liquid, it says in the beginning of his thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    his using minoxidil liquid, it says in the beginning of his thread.
    Quick question: does Rogaine only make foam, or do they make a liquid as well? I'm tapering on by using the foam every other day before bed, but if/when I build up to 2x daily, I'd like to split between foam and liquid.

Also, the capfull thing seems like a weird measure. I mean, if you're applying all over the head versus simply at the hairline, wouldn't you need more? If you distribute that half a capful throughout the entire scalp, you're going to get much less medicine per square centimeter than if it's all concentrated at the hairline. Plus, my hair is long, so a good amount of it just ends up getting absorbed into my hair.

I used both foam and liquid but prefer the foam of late.

Quote Originally Posted by win200 View Post
    Quick question: does Rogaine only make foam, or do they make a liquid as well? I'm tapering on by using the foam every other day before bed, but if/when I build up to 2x daily, I'd like to split between foam and liquid.

Also, the capfull thing seems like a weird measure. I mean, if you're applying all over the head versus simply at the hairline, wouldn't you need more? If you distribute that half a capful throughout the entire scalp, you're going to get much less medicine per square centimeter than if it's all concentrated at the hairline. Plus, my hair is long, so a good amount of it just ends up getting absorbed into my hair.
    Rogaine makes both, liquid and foam. I'm currently using foam during the morning and liquid in the evening.

I only apply the liquid/foam on my temple/hairline. I use a half a cap on each temple and for liquid form I use enough on my temple.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Highlander, I don't use the foam in my hair much to be honest. These pics are without foam.

Yeah, I definitely have some good styling options. I sometimes wonder why I'm even thinking about a hair transplant, but it's not like any of the 3-4 docs have turned me away, and I believe they would if they thought it wasn't appropriate. I definitely have recession that bothers me. I'm just lucky I can hide it with some "cow licks" from the back.

I'm not sure about going back on fin, even at a low dose. It's really frustrating how much that drug has messed with my sexual health, and I feel really let down by the industry and forums like this, for not representing the risks more thoroughly.

In my opinion, your hairline in the second picture is just fine. It's comparable to mine is, and I honestly like it more than my NW1.5 (I was never a true NW 1, always had a bit of a curve), it adds a certainly level of maturity to a bro in his 20s - ya dig????

I have been doing alot of research w/ a doctor i am working with minoxidol is an incredible tool in arresting the loss of hair and we have found it has produced regrowth in most of our paients. we have made our own version of the solution we use on patients, where as we add azeliac acid 5% it has the same componets as propecia however is safe for women and does not have any side effects. as with minoxidol it is dirived from a medication used for another purpose and has been around for ever. Minoxidil came from a high blood pressure medication i believe, and azeliac acid comes from an acne medication..i am also a micropigmantologist, Permanant makeup artist-tattoo
    so we have added another technique once a week with our clients to stimulate blood flow. so far great results...here are some pics...if we continue to get these results we will eventually teach the procedure and the solution we like to give the procedure at least a year before we tell our clients to use the solution faithfully 2x daily and see us once a week to stamp the solution in for 3 mos. after that we ask them to use the solution every other day 1x per day just to strenghten the new growth. i also recommend nioxin shampoo and conditioner(called scalp therapy) i have them buy it at a marshall or tjmaxx where u can get it for only 5 or 6 dollars instead of the cheapest ive seen it else where for 20. the reason we like it is because the amount of mint it has in it...really helps stimulate blood flow. unlike food where ingredients are listed in order of the amount of ingredients in a product the FDA does not require that from cosmetics(which shampoos and hair products fall under) but by trial and error we have found this works incredibly
    and it is true that nizoral shampoo every 3rd or 4th day over the counter worked incredibly at removing the build up to make it easier for that weak hair follical to break through however i have been unable to find it at stores the only place to get it is the remainder of what is left online- the company has stopped making the over the counter 1% you can still get 2% by prescription...we have started to use nioxin scalp renew dermabration treatment..you must have it applied by your hairdresser it removes the crap- scaling dry flaking build uyp around the follicall site to make it easier to grow and break through the scalp.. this is dermabration technique so do not do this more than every 30-45 days.. all this combined helps
    we need to stimulate blood flow block DHT, and Strengthen the hair that comes in, and have a healthy scalp in order to stimulate hair growth and more importantly stop more loss, I personally am a female starting loosing my hair at 30 and had to wear a piece up untill about 3 yrs ago, which is much harder for woman i now have no visual bald spots... good luck remember what ever you can do to stimulate blood flow block dht strengthn and prolong the life of the follicall and healthy scalp ..sorry i dont know how to add the pics maybe someone can tell

nice one mate. def an improvement.

what kind of minox are you using?? is it rogaine foam or liquid? im using a cream but its not really effective.