+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default The difference of minoxidil? March > August (PHOTOS)

    March



    August



    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think my hairline has thickened up considerably? I am certainly finding it easier to style my hair the last few months, and I'm not as bothered about wind and rain.

    All I've used is minoxidil, because I had sides with Propecia.

    Please bear in mind I had a bit of a shed when I first started minoxidil in January, so maybe that accounts for some of this apparent recovery. That said, I feel my hair is thicker than it has been in over a year.

    Further, I'm only doing minoxidil before bed. I frankly can't be bothered with it when I get up.

  2. #2
    Senior Member mpb47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    March



    August



    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think my hairline has thickened up considerably? I am certainly finding it easier to style my hair the last few months, and I'm not as bothered about wind and rain.

    All I've used is minoxidil, because I had sides with Propecia.

    Please bear in mind I had a bit of a shed when I first started minoxidil in January, so maybe that accounts for some of this apparent recovery. That said, I feel my hair is thicker than it has been in over a year.

    Further, I'm only doing minoxidil before bed. I frankly can't be bothered with it when I get up.
    Looks like it is really working for you!
    People do not think it works but it does if you stick with it.

    I have noticed improvements up front for sure and probably in vertex, though it may just have stopped the fast spread, not sure just yet.
    If you have itching, try the nizoral shampoo. When I used it years ago I did not think it was working, but this time it seems to have reduced itching/flaking problem. I only use Minox at night as well.

    Just note that if the minox is working well and you stay on it for a long time, you will lose hair rapidly if you stop for 3 months or more.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Looks like you gained an inch on your hairline!

  4. #4
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    801

    Default

    That is amazing bro, hopefully i get the same result with minoxidil. Do you use it twice a day?

    I use it in the morning and then before I shower. I also add spiro to the mix.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    That is amazing bro, hopefully i get the same result with minoxidil. Do you use it twice a day?

    I use it in the morning and then before I shower. I also add spiro to the mix.
    I just use it once a day. I thoroughly massage it into my hairline before bed. I used to do it before work, but got lazy. I guess with these results I should probably go back to 2x. I find the foam best for day time use, and the liquid is good for before bed because I don't need to worry about styling my hair.

  6. #6
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    I just use it once a day. I thoroughly massage it into my hairline before bed. I used to do it before work, but got lazy. I guess with these results I should probably go back to 2x. I find the foam best for day time use, and the liquid is good for before bed because I don't need to worry about styling my hair.
    Thank you for the quick responds. I'll try it your way, hopefully it works for me has well.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    March



    August



    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think my hairline has thickened up considerably? I am certainly finding it easier to style my hair the last few months, and I'm not as bothered about wind and rain.

    All I've used is minoxidil, because I had sides with Propecia.

    Please bear in mind I had a bit of a shed when I first started minoxidil in January, so maybe that accounts for some of this apparent recovery. That said, I feel my hair is thicker than it has been in over a year.

    Further, I'm only doing minoxidil before bed. I frankly can't be bothered with it when I get up.

    Its working

    You can see that your velius hairs have got darker - do you just apply it on the hairline

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Its working

    You can see that your velius hairs have got darker - do you just apply it on the hairline
    I focus on the hairline but a lot of the time it dribbles down the frame of my hairline, sideburns etc. so I just rub it all in. Can't harm

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Highlander, I don't use the foam in my hair much to be honest. These pics are without foam.

    Yeah, I definitely have some good styling options. I sometimes wonder why I'm even thinking about a hair transplant, but it's not like any of the 3-4 docs have turned me away, and I believe they would if they thought it wasn't appropriate. I definitely have recession that bothers me. I'm just lucky I can hide it with some "cow licks" from the back.

    I'm not sure about going back on fin, even at a low dose. It's really frustrating how much that drug has messed with my sexual health, and I feel really let down by the industry and forums like this, for not representing the risks more thoroughly.

  10. #10
    Senior Member dex89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    801

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post

    I'm not sure about going back on fin, even at a low dose. It's really frustrating how much that drug has messed with my sexual health, and I feel really let down by the industry and forums like this, for not representing the risks more thoroughly.
    Have you tried countering it with viagra? Someone post about his sexual side effect and he used viagra and it help him.

Similar Threads

  1. H&W Los Angeles August 4th - 9th
    By Jotronic in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2012, 07:48 PM
  2. Can you see any difference in my pics ? thank you.
    By mpb47 in forum Introduce Yourself & Share Your Story
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-25-2012, 05:42 PM
  3. H&W Los Angeles March 26th to March 31st
    By Jotronic in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2012, 07:57 PM
  4. H&W Los Angeles March 14-18
    By Jotronic in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 11:35 AM
  5. I am in London 6th August.
    By Spex in forum Hair Transplant: Start Your Own Topic
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2009, 06:32 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

» IAHRS

hair transplant surgeons

» The Bald Truth

» Recent Threads

Young men's experience with Propecia
11-04-2011 01:31 AM
by timmis
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:57 PM
The Big 3 might not be working...
09-30-2016 10:50 PM
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:51 PM
Restarting Minoxdil after 5 months
11-03-2010 05:29 PM
by aiyosh
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:48 PM
What sucks the most about getting a HT?
10-06-2016 12:09 PM
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:45 PM
help Still thinning and shedding....
10-18-2016 09:14 AM
by alam962
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:43 PM
Sides from propecia what to do ?
10-09-2016 03:37 AM
Last Post By richter101
Today 02:39 PM