+ Reply to Thread

Default M shaped hairline

Hello

I just turned 21 and I'm worried about my hairline. I am pretty sure it's always been this way since I was 17. If I grow my hair out, I have a full set of hair, quite thick actually, and you would think my hairline is fine. Looking back at pictures when I was 17 it looks pretty much the same...

But I like to wear it short recently and i just seems very far deep?

It's shaped like an M but is it receding?

Also my dad is 53, full set of hair, my mom's dad had a certain degree of baldness when he died at 85...but nothing early and my dad's father had no balding whatsoever until he turned 70. All my father's brothers have full sets of hair and perfect hairlines. In all my cousins there is only 1 who has issues with his hair and he is now 40...but his father (my uncle not by blod) losses his hair but he's 70 now...

I have little blond hairs along the hairline and the temples that ive always had ever since I can remember...

Anyways tell me what you think !

Here are some images...

BTW : the before last picture is the hairline I had at the age of 17...its pretty much the same I think

AND ": THE last picture is my hair like 3 weeks ago when i decided to grow it out...there doesn't seem to be nothing wrong there...I think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1015.jpg

Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	16257   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1022.jpg

Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	16258   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1027.jpg

Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	16259   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1028.jpg

Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	16260   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01052.JPG

Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	16261   Click image for larger version

Name:	551111_10151928716015277_676154525_n.jpg

Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	16262  

I hate to be the one who tells the kid there is no Santa Clause.....your hairline is not the same. With that said a mature hairline is a natural part of a growing skull and from the looks of it you wont recede much more. On top of that you have good thickness and a good profile...your a handsome man (no homo) go enjoy life.

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    I hate to be the one who tells the kid there is no Santa Clause.....your hairline is not the same. With that said a mature hairline is a natural part of a growing skull and from the looks of it you wont recede much more. On top of that you have good thickness and a good profile...your a handsome man (no homo) go enjoy life.
    I agree. Looks like a mature hairline. Move on .

hahah nice intro ! thanks, so your saying it looks like a mature hairline? Well I hope it wont recede much more...I was looking into propecia but it's so damn expansive !

Quote Originally Posted by ld91 View Post
    hahah nice intro ! thanks, so your saying it looks like a mature hairline? Well I hope it wont recede much more...I was looking into propecia but it's so damn expansive !
    Take proscar instead, its a lot cheaper and it's the exact same shit. Just make sure you cut it into 5 pieces.

Anyways tell me what you think !
    It is natural and normal for most males to loose their temple hair and develop an "M" shaped hair line as they mature into adults. This is especially true for caucasion males.

If you are concerned about the possibility of MPB, keep an eye on it by taking good quality photos of your scalp every six months. These photos should show your vertex and mid-anterior areas with your hair both wet and dry and parted down the middle if it is longer. It is also a good idea to measure the distance between the center of your brow line and the center of your hair line every six months and keep a record of that distance. This way you will more easily be able to detect changes if MPB begins to happen.

You would need to talk to a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss to determine if Finasteride is appropriate for you. At this time Rogaine (or generic Minoxidil) is certainly not appropriate for you. Using Nizoral A-D shampoo once a week in place of your regular shampoo would be a good idea though. It would also be a good idea to replace your regular shampoo and conditioner with a good quality sulfate free shampoo and conditioner if you haven't already done so.

Mature Hairline:

1: the middle of the hairline is about 1/2-2/3 inches above the highest crease of the furrowed brow
    2: the shape of the hairline is convex
    3: the sides of the hairline will rise about 1.5 - 2 times higher than the middle of the mature hairline

* The middle of my hairline is exactly 1/2 inch away from the middle of the furrowed brow
    * The sides of my hairline are both 1 inch away from the furrowed brow

So I guess that means I'm well within normal in the "mature hairline" concept per say right ? And if it stays like this it means I don't have MPB just yet !

Mature Hairline:

1: the middle of the hairline is about 1/2-2/3 inches above the highest crease of the furrowed brow
    2: the shape of the hairline is convex
    3: the sides of the hairline will rise about 1.5 - 2 times higher than the middle of the mature hairline

* The middle of my hairline is exactly 1/2 inch away from the middle of the furrowed brow
    * The sides of my hairline are both 1 inch away from the furrowed brow

So I guess that means I'm well within normal in the "mature hairline" concept per say right ? And if it stays like this it means I don't have MPB just yet !
    I think you are receeding tbh.

Once the corners give way, it will look like this:

The good news is with Aderans and HSC, you probably wont be damned to baldness in your lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I think you are receeding tbh.

Once the corners give way, it will look like this:

The good news is with Aderans and HSC, you probably wont be damned to baldness in your lifetime.
    MIRKO CRO COP hair style. lol

Hey! Is there any update? Im curious as to what happened. I am in a similar boat as you