X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PayDay
    • Nov 2008

Shaved Head Guys are Tougher According To Study

By Cari Nierenberg

Sometime in his late 30s, after his hair had been thinning for several years, Dr. Albert Mannes decided to shave what was left of his mane. He then noticed a curious thing: "Strangers were more standoffish, more deferential," he recalls.

• dex89
    • Jul 2012

Originally posted by PayDay
    By Cari Nierenberg

Sometime in his late 30s, after his hair had been thinning for several years, Dr. Albert Mannes decided to shave what was left of his mane. He then noticed a curious thing: "Strangers were more standoffish, more deferential," he recalls.

http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/201...her-study-says
    They are tougher because they don't give a flying fudge anymore. lol

Comment

• clandestine
      • Aug 2011

Interesting. Summary;

The man described as having a shaved head was rated highest in dominance, masculinity, leadership potential, and strength. The guy with thick tresses scored higher for attractiveness than a shorn scalp and slightly higher on confidence.

The dude with thinning hair scored the lowest on every trait except for norm violation.

Comment

• Rizzo
        • Jul 2012

A lot of things factor in pulling off the shaved look though, but one big factor is having good occipital and parietal bones to give the back of your head a nice even looking shape, instead of bulging lumps that look odd from the sides and rear. Interesting article though, but nothing surprising. It all depends on the individuals height and physique that factor into whether or not they appear to be tougher or even more appealing.

The bald and overweight guy will always be the butt of the joke for society and nothing is ever going to change that so, if you're not overweight then at least you won't be targeted as much. I recently saw these commercials and couldn't help but laugh, because I just think of the process in the creating of those commercials. The way they always depict the bald guy as the bad thing and usually persuade you on what you should do to avoid the bad thing. For instance,

Watch a potential home buyer find an unpleasant surprise in the bathroom as her 3 credit scores swing by during her house hunting. Visit http://www.freescor...

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
          • Jan 2011

I rather look attractive than tough. I'm not trying to pick fights in the streets, i'm trying to pick up women

Comment

• ulanude
            • Dec 2011

i see shaved guys who look highly attractive because they think they are highly attractive. I see guys with the fullest hair who look ugly because they think they are.

ok may depend on bone structure etc. but you see where i'm going..

Comment

Working...