+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Another thought, Dr Keser's website is so primitive. I don't know if I should judge his work on the basis of his website, but it doesn't exactly put me at ease that it looks like it's straight from the 90s. Compare it with Dr Rahal's, who probably has the best website I've seen of all the doctors. If any doctors are reading this, it does make a difference in the decision-making process.

I find it hard to understand how so many doctors fail at marketing themselves properly online, when you consider how much they're making and how much it is to hire a decent website designer.

I’m with you Chrisis! Something about going to Turkey to have cosmetic surgery just doesn't sit right with me. If you're going to do it, do it right and do it in a country where you have some recourse if anything does go wrong. I’m all for saving money, but I would prefer to pay a bit more and go with a known entity in a first world country.

Thanks Delphi. I think if I spoke to someone from England who had had successful work with Dr Keser in Turkey, it would put my concerns at ease. How about you?

Highlander, do you have an email so we can talk off board? I thought it would be good to share stuff we've found on the net. I don't think this forum would appreciate it since he's not endorsed.

I think if he only does 700 a day, I'd need to be there 3-4 days, depending on the goal.

Regarding your question about wearing a beanie. Apparently, the doctor will give you a bandage for your head. One guy whose account I read was not asked to remove it.

So is it because he only does 700 grafts a day that he feels he doesn't need an assistant to help? I'm just worried about fatigue if he does everything himself...

Skype is fine for me, what's your handle?

I think you could wear a loose-fitting beanie and should be ok. If they asked you to remove it, it would all be such a quick and simple task that it shouldn't be too bad. Just remember, everyone is only bothered about themselves and getting onto the plane so they can go home. It's all so fast. People don't care about someone they've never met and will never see again, and neither should you.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Or would airport security let me wear a beanie through the metal detector? I can just imagine it now, taking my beanine off and having bloody scars everywhere, all the passengers staring at me. So much shame.
    I believe with the doctor's note you'd only have to raise the cap to show one member of security or sometimes you can request screening in a private room if you're that conscious about removing the cap in front of a queue. Of course you'd have to suss this about beforehand. Might not be the case everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Thanks Delphi. I think if I spoke to someone from England who had had successful work with Dr Keser in Turkey, it would put my concerns at ease. How about you?
    Personally I would not feel comfortable, but that's an individual choice. I would also feel a little concerned about the doctor being fatigued doing all the work himself. Sounds good on paper, but 700 grafts all by himself both extracting and implanting will be a long tiring day. Did you check out Dr. Mwamba’s prices? He trained with Cole and he’s in Belgium. Might be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
    Personally I would not feel comfortable, but that's an individual choice. I would also feel a little concerned about the doctor being fatigued doing all the work himself. Sounds good on paper, but 700 grafts all by himself both extracting and implanting will be a long tiring day. Did you check out Dr. Mwamba’s prices? He trained with Cole and he’s in Belgium. Might be worth a look.
    Prices aren't the main consideration for me really. It's important that the surgery is in my budget, but I tend to prioritise getting a good result, i.e. a dense hairline. I haven't seen anything from Dr Mwamba to be honest.

I agree with those who recommend smaller FUE sessions. I also have never had an HT but it makes sense that it would minimize scarring and poor growth risks, due to surgeon fatigue and "over-traumatizing" (if such a thing exists) areas of the scalp by moving so many grafts in a day. Also after the first session you will have a better idea of your hair and healing characteristics. However I know there are practical considerations that might make this a difficult option for some people.

Another thing to remember, doctors on their websites will be showing their best work just like artists show their best pieces in their portfolios. There have been poor results from just about every doctor on the planet (including guys like Rahal who have admittedly done some of my favorite hairlines--nobody can bat 1.0) so as a patient your job is to do as much as possible to minimize the risk to yourself. topcat seems to have a lot of useful advice on that.

As for Keser, maybe this is unfounded personal bias, but I too would feel uncomfortable traveling outside of "first world" countries to get cosmetic surgery of this kind. What legal options would you have if there is malpractice? How easily could you get repair work done if the result is bad (not that you would necessarily want repair work by the same doctor if things go wrong)?
    One red flag for me looking at his website: the claim of "no scarring" in the donor area from FUE. This is on the front page in the upperleft hand corner. People need to know that every hair transplant introduces some amount of scar tissue to the scalp, and scarring from FUE is much less noticeable, but you aren't going to come out of the procedure with completely "virgin" tissue in your donor region if you get this done. The fact that his website claims otherwise makes me a little uneasy.

Highlander, what's your skype? I'll add you. I want to share links and chat if possible

I'd put mine out but it's my surname and my surname is quite rare.