X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Still-Researching
    • Feb 2010

Check out what FUE and 6 months can do?

Hi All,
    Been away for some time and just wanted to ensure that people saw the difference that a FUE 2400+ can do after 6 months to a NW3...

Please have a look at my before and after shots below... The before shot is of course without products and I was not wearing my hair like this - but wanted to show my hair loss. The shots from today - there is little hair wax to style it but no concealers.

I have not been on this forum much lately - but I owe a lot to the members and today I quickly skimmed some threads and they look the same as the ones I was reading at length not long ago - about FUT vs FUE or people being afraid that HT still means unnatural results or large scars etc. and all posters are paid by the awfull doctors.

Well you do not know me, but I read all of these threads for 4 years, and done a lot of research and had my doubts and kept reading and reading and happy I did - and ended up biting the bullet. I would never encourage anyone to jump into it, before you have done your homework, there are no easy roads, discounts or sure deals - mainly there are compromises and expensive solutions, but that is not to say that you can not end up with a good result.

Today I am happy I did it and will never look back - it made a significant impact on my appearance and look. But please do you research and only go with a Top Doctor (the list is short for FUE Docs) - be ready to travel to other continents etc...

My full story and thread can be seen on:
    I want to start the thread with thanking 3 people/groups: First a big thanks to Spencer Kobren for this great site with a ton of information for anyone considering going down the HT route or feeling down due to hair loss. Secondly thanks to the community, the guys and women, who posts on this forum with news, info,

I will post "relatively" monthly on my thread and probably like this again in 12 months.

See you
    Attached Files
  • clandestine
    • Aug 2011

Nice, what doctor did you choose?

Comment

• 8868alex
      • May 2010

Looks great!

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
        • May 2011

That's a seriously impressive result. Delighted to see the update. You made a great decision with the hairline design. Loads more growth to come to and there's already a dramatic difference. In the right hands FUE can deliver. Congratulations on a fantastic result and keep us updated as the hair continues to mature. Big thanks too for not leaving the forum once you solved your hairloss as it helps the rest of us a lot in gauging what to expect. Great stuff!

Comment

• dex89
          • Jul 2012

WOW, that looks really nice man. How much was this?

Comment

• Still-Researching
            • Feb 2010

@ Clandestine: Thanks - my doctor was Dr Feriduni

@ FDR: Thanks for always being positive and supportive, you are a great asset to this community and one of the reasons I still post here. I am grateful for all advises from you and others in the past.

@ 8868alex: Thanks, very happy indeed :-)

@ dex89: 2463 grafts FUE for app. EUR 10K

Comment

• chrisis
              • Feb 2012

Congratulations

Comment

• dex89
                • Jul 2012

Originally posted by Still-Researching

@ dex89: 2463 grafts FUE for app. EUR 10K
                Wow, hair plants are really expensive but worth it I bet.

Comment

• vinnytr
                  • Jan 2012

Woww thats really dense and it will only get better for you

I am booked for fue ht in october myself ,and will have to be back in work after 18 days from my 2 day long HT and obviously a bit worried about the red scalp.

Can you tell me what aloe vera gel is a good one ? How long after the HT can it be used ,how often ? Any other tips for red scalp ?

Comment

• Still-Researching
                    • Feb 2010

Hi vinnytr,
                    If you click the link - you can see my story and how it got back to work after about 16 days:
                    I want to start the thread with thanking 3 people/groups: First a big thanks to Spencer Kobren for this great site with a ton of information for anyone considering going down the HT route or feeling down due to hair loss. Secondly thanks to the community, the guys and women, who posts on this forum with news, info,

I used two different Aloe Vera - one green "Banana Boat" Gel which was very soothing (normally used for sun burns) but also turned my scalp area a bit green :-) and a normal white aloe vera creme - both helped for sure, but it does not do wonders. You should not apply them before after 10 days Post op - the Doc will give you some other spray or gel for this period. You will get post op instructions from your Doc (or ask for them)...

Expect some redness and if you can make up a story about sun burn (I did that) it really would help, as there is a significant chance you will have redness still after 18 days. I have seen some pictures of people using "make up powder" and it helped them tone the redness down. After 18 days believe it should be possible to use make up tricks - I just did not want to risk the effects on the grafts. I got really paranoid - seems most people do after the HT. A FUE ops is not complicated for the patient (only for the Doc) so it will be over before you know it. The waiting time however is a bitch...

Who is your Doc and how many grafts are you expecting to get?

Good luck and feel free to shoot a question as long as you do not expect a same day answer.

Cheers

Comment

• topcat
                      • May 2009

Very nice result and in the right hands FUE offers exceptional yield. Congratulations on your decision.

Comment

• Still-Researching
                        • Feb 2010

Thanks topcat. Agree with you. Up to a NW3 and good family history, I do not see any reasons to go for a FUT and thereby get a smiley scar on the back, even if thin it limits your hair styling options...

Comment

• topcat
                          • May 2009

Excellent result, natural hairline, very high yield, and no worries with the donor area. A hair transplant does not have to be a nightmare experience when one has access to information, can figure out the truth and can make a good decision, congratulations.

Comment

• Still-Researching
                            • Feb 2010

Made a post in my original thread but just want to copy it in here also:

Sorry I have been away with not many reasons to be on this forum the past 6 months. But I earlier promised to give back, what so many have given me... Good objective info on hair loss what to do about it and some info on the few trustworthy doctors worth of our hard earned money.

So its been 12 months since my 2463 FUE HT with Dr Feriduni. Guess we are close to the end result. Please check the pictures, tried to give you guys an idea of the result... You can read my whole story in this thread so will try not to repeat anything.

Some comments to the pictures:
                            My hair is shown without any products except some dry wax for styling. The first picture is of course pre-operation.

The hairline is 95% spot on - maybe I would have closed the temples a bit more, where my sideburns meet with my hairline (not sure what its called) and maybe made a 5 mm widows peak lower in front in middle of my hairline (below my island of hair in the pre-op pic) - but I also appreciate the Doc's worry about moving my natural hairline down at my age and I actually moved up his first hairline 2 mm - so I was conservative myself.

In some lighting and when my hair is either stone dry or very wet, I sense that my donor hair is a bit thinner (which it is after a HT), but not sure it is really visible at any time.

Some upfront answers to your FAQ and to some private messages I received since my first posts:

Am I happy with the results:
                            Yes I am, its almost everything I hoped it would be. I have a good hair day - almost everyday now, I do not worry about my hair and how it looks. Very happy about my age appropriate hairline, I get many comments about looking young for my age these days while approaching 40. Only irritation point is that the temple when looking close up in the mirror on my right side (viewers left) is close up more thin than my left side, which I would like to have the Doc to look at at some point, when I am in the area.

Is Hair loss still an issue for me:
                            From a looks and mirror/lights point of view - NO. From "what if" my mid scalp and crown area or my islands of native hair start shredding again - YES - I still think about it a couple of times a week, but not enough to come on to this forum. I know what to do - I am still on Proscar and Rogaine...

Would I do it again and if so anything I would change:
                            Yes I would do it again. FUE, dense packing and Feriduni would be the key words again. Maybe I would have closed the temples a bit more (hair greed) and created a bit of a widows peak in front (not really generally lowering my hairline just the very low point)

Would I recommend Dr Feriduni to others:
                            Absolutely YES, I would not go to anyone else, and especially after this experience. Though as mentioned before after my research, I would also have gone to Rahal or Feller with same confidence.

Was it worth the money:
                            Yes

Will I have another HT:
                            No, I would like the doc to maybe do a touch up 1 or two places at some point and only in case my native hair starts to change, I will consider a second HT again, but it was my plan all along to do it all in one go...

Did anyone notice it:
                            2 colleagues have asked (independently) and said that they could clearly see my hairline and coverage had improved (mainly when comparing pictures from old company parties), they were both interested because they had problems too. 3 members of my family have asked several times, what I have done - so far I have just said using Meds - but in case my brother one day wants to talk about his hair loss - I would recommend him to go to Feriduni, and I would then tell my full story

Who knows that I got one:
                            Only my wife.

Any good advises to people looking for HT:
                            Unless you have Rahal or Feriduni in your country - travel for a HT is expected. Its an emotional journey, worth it, but prepare and research, research, research. If your doc can not do dense packing, not sure the result can end up being naturally looking, as I would not be happy with less density than mine is now. It looks pretty natural in most lighting and I can even fool myself, but if it would be a lot thinner - I think it would easily look fake...

Happy to answer any questions you may have - will drop by the next couple of weeks and then again in 6 months to say if last 6 months made a difference. Do not see much thickening these days.

Good luck to everyone in your journey towards new hair...
                            Keep researching...
                            Cheers
                            Attached Files

Comment

• chrisis
                              • Feb 2012

Fantastic write up Still-Researching! And perfect timing, as my transplant is now a matter of weeks away! I feel so reassured and have copied your post and photos for my parents, who are still worried I may be making a mistake.

Is there any personal/specific advice you'd offer me before my surgery? I'd love to talk to you if you'd be happy to?

P.S. It's an incredible result.

Comment

Working...