+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Very nice result and in the right hands FUE offers exceptional yield. Congratulations on your decision.

Senior Member Still-Researching's Avatar

Thanks topcat. Agree with you. Up to a NW3 and good family history, I do not see any reasons to go for a FUT and thereby get a smiley scar on the back, even if thin it limits your hair styling options...

Excellent result, natural hairline, very high yield, and no worries with the donor area. A hair transplant does not have to be a nightmare experience when one has access to information, can figure out the truth and can make a good decision, congratulations.

Made a post in my original thread but just want to copy it in here also:

Sorry I have been away with not many reasons to be on this forum the past 6 months. But I earlier promised to give back, what so many have given me... Good objective info on hair loss what to do about it and some info on the few trustworthy doctors worth of our hard earned money.

So its been 12 months since my 2463 FUE HT with Dr Feriduni. Guess we are close to the end result. Please check the pictures, tried to give you guys an idea of the result... You can read my whole story in this thread so will try not to repeat anything.

Some comments to the pictures:
    My hair is shown without any products except some dry wax for styling. The first picture is of course pre-operation.

The hairline is 95% spot on - maybe I would have closed the temples a bit more, where my sideburns meet with my hairline (not sure what its called) and maybe made a 5 mm widows peak lower in front in middle of my hairline (below my island of hair in the pre-op pic) - but I also appreciate the Doc's worry about moving my natural hairline down at my age and I actually moved up his first hairline 2 mm - so I was conservative myself.

In some lighting and when my hair is either stone dry or very wet, I sense that my donor hair is a bit thinner (which it is after a HT), but not sure it is really visible at any time.

Some upfront answers to your FAQ and to some private messages I received since my first posts:

Am I happy with the results:
    Yes I am, its almost everything I hoped it would be. I have a good hair day - almost everyday now, I do not worry about my hair and how it looks. Very happy about my age appropriate hairline, I get many comments about looking young for my age these days while approaching 40. Only irritation point is that the temple when looking close up in the mirror on my right side (viewers left) is close up more thin than my left side, which I would like to have the Doc to look at at some point, when I am in the area.

Is Hair loss still an issue for me:
    From a looks and mirror/lights point of view - NO. From "what if" my mid scalp and crown area or my islands of native hair start shredding again - YES - I still think about it a couple of times a week, but not enough to come on to this forum. I know what to do - I am still on Proscar and Rogaine...

Would I do it again and if so anything I would change:
    Yes I would do it again. FUE, dense packing and Feriduni would be the key words again. Maybe I would have closed the temples a bit more (hair greed) and created a bit of a widows peak in front (not really generally lowering my hairline just the very low point)

Would I recommend Dr Feriduni to others:
    Absolutely YES, I would not go to anyone else, and especially after this experience. Though as mentioned before after my research, I would also have gone to Rahal or Feller with same confidence.

Was it worth the money:
    Yes

Will I have another HT:
    No, I would like the doc to maybe do a touch up 1 or two places at some point and only in case my native hair starts to change, I will consider a second HT again, but it was my plan all along to do it all in one go...

Did anyone notice it:
    2 colleagues have asked (independently) and said that they could clearly see my hairline and coverage had improved (mainly when comparing pictures from old company parties), they were both interested because they had problems too. 3 members of my family have asked several times, what I have done - so far I have just said using Meds - but in case my brother one day wants to talk about his hair loss - I would recommend him to go to Feriduni, and I would then tell my full story

Who knows that I got one:
    Only my wife.

Any good advises to people looking for HT:
    Unless you have Rahal or Feriduni in your country - travel for a HT is expected. Its an emotional journey, worth it, but prepare and research, research, research. If your doc can not do dense packing, not sure the result can end up being naturally looking, as I would not be happy with less density than mine is now. It looks pretty natural in most lighting and I can even fool myself, but if it would be a lot thinner - I think it would easily look fake...

Happy to answer any questions you may have - will drop by the next couple of weeks and then again in 6 months to say if last 6 months made a difference. Do not see much thickening these days.

Good luck to everyone in your journey towards new hair...
    Keep researching...
    Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Preop.JPG

Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	18909   Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontTop.jpg

Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	18910   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Close.jpg

Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	18911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hairline.jpg

Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	18912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front Top Close.jpg

Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	18913   Click image for larger version

Name:	Top.jpg

Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	18914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right side.jpg

Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	18915   Click image for larger version

Name:	Top Right.jpg

Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	18916   Click image for larger version

Name:	Right side - thin.jpg

Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	18917   Click image for larger version

Name:	Top Left.jpg

Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	18918  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Donor left side.jpg

Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	18919   Click image for larger version

Name:	Donor rightside.jpg

Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	18920  

Fantastic write up Still-Researching! And perfect timing, as my transplant is now a matter of weeks away! I feel so reassured and have copied your post and photos for my parents, who are still worried I may be making a mistake.

Is there any personal/specific advice you'd offer me before my surgery? I'd love to talk to you if you'd be happy to?

P.S. It's an incredible result.

Fantastic. Hairline placement is perfect imo. Thanks for coming back to update.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Fantastic. Hairline placement is perfect imo. Thanks for coming back to update.
    Hi FDR,
    Thanks a lot, very happy indeed. How are you doing? Wish you great hair and best of luck in your studies and career changes.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Fantastic write up Still-Researching! And perfect timing, as my transplant is now a matter of weeks away! I feel so reassured and have copied your post and photos for my parents, who are still worried I may be making a mistake.

Is there any personal/specific advice you'd offer me before my surgery? I'd love to talk to you if you'd be happy to?

Wish you best of luck, you are in the best hands.

You have done the most important part already by researching and picking one of the top docs. Now its more preparing yourself mentally, its a tough day or two, but its absolutely doable. The next couple of days its hard to sleep and the 2 days with swelling I would not go outside the door and even show my face to anyone, if I could get away with it. It starts at the end of day 1 after HT and stays for 2-3 days - you will look like you gone through 4 rounds in a UFC fight, not pretty... I made sure my children did not see me, as that would have scared them. Its gone on day 3-4.

Follow the instructions and keep it cool doing waiting. Already after month 4-5 you will see big changes.

Are you getting Acell as well? Cannot really say if it was worth the money, as I do not know, how it would have looked without. But the doctor is very ethical, so ask him...

Best advise I can give - is to be 100% present and prepared during your hairline design, ask tons of questions, bring photos of your dream look, your favorite actor etc, so he understands you... then let him draw it first and taste it before you change it... he knows what he is doing. I changed his 2mm up and more conservative - I should not have done that, but I am still happy. You have to balance potential hair greed in future and the fact that its permanent, so it has to look good also at 55 years old...

All your worries and fears are for nothing... and swallow your pride when you walk around shaved with holes in your head - people look but who cares, its a bit irritating in the hotel and in the airport, but its long forgotten now and who cares, you will never see them again.

I would fly/drive home immediately before the swelling hits you, and make sure you shopped as much as possible before - Aloe vera creme, DVDs, chips, coke, pizza on speed dial and take 2 weeks off work or school minimum... unless you can wear a hat then maybe 7 days is enough...

Shoot specific questions if you like, will be back later.
    Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Still-Researching View Post
    Hi FDR,
    Thanks a lot, very happy indeed. How are you doing? Wish you great hair and best of luck in your studies and career changes.

Cheers
    Doing good. Studies are going well and I'm working hard to keep up a 1st in the exams. Clinical stuff will really kick off this year so it's beginning to seem all very real now. There's quite a bit of pressure but good healthy pressure if that's possible.

Hair is not so bad. Slow loss which is good I guess. Not posting here too often but I keep my eye out for cases like yours and a few others from time to time. I'll definitely hold off doing anything surgical for as long as possible and just try not to get too preoccupied with hairloss. I've other stuff to be focusing on and I don't think about it as much these days with the work load.

Feriduni has given you a great head of hair and you've got loads of FUE donor left if you ever need it so hairloss should no longer be a worry for you my friend.

All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post

I wish you all the very best with your procedure Chrisis. Hope you get the result you're looking for. I'll be following your blog. You will be in good hands with Feriduni so worry not.