Check out what FUE and 6 months can do?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Follicle Death Row
    • May 2011

Fantastic. Hairline placement is perfect imo. Thanks for coming back to update.

Comment

• Still-Researching
      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
      Fantastic. Hairline placement is perfect imo. Thanks for coming back to update.
      Hi FDR,
      Thanks a lot, very happy indeed. How are you doing? Wish you great hair and best of luck in your studies and career changes.

Cheers

Comment

• Still-Researching
        • Feb 2010

Originally posted by chrisis
        Fantastic write up Still-Researching! And perfect timing, as my transplant is now a matter of weeks away! I feel so reassured and have copied your post and photos for my parents, who are still worried I may be making a mistake.

Is there any personal/specific advice you'd offer me before my surgery? I'd love to talk to you if you'd be happy to?

P.S. It's an incredible result.
        Wish you best of luck, you are in the best hands.

You have done the most important part already by researching and picking one of the top docs. Now its more preparing yourself mentally, its a tough day or two, but its absolutely doable. The next couple of days its hard to sleep and the 2 days with swelling I would not go outside the door and even show my face to anyone, if I could get away with it. It starts at the end of day 1 after HT and stays for 2-3 days - you will look like you gone through 4 rounds in a UFC fight, not pretty... I made sure my children did not see me, as that would have scared them. Its gone on day 3-4.

Follow the instructions and keep it cool doing waiting. Already after month 4-5 you will see big changes.

Are you getting Acell as well? Cannot really say if it was worth the money, as I do not know, how it would have looked without. But the doctor is very ethical, so ask him...

Best advise I can give - is to be 100% present and prepared during your hairline design, ask tons of questions, bring photos of your dream look, your favorite actor etc, so he understands you... then let him draw it first and taste it before you change it... he knows what he is doing. I changed his 2mm up and more conservative - I should not have done that, but I am still happy. You have to balance potential hair greed in future and the fact that its permanent, so it has to look good also at 55 years old...

All your worries and fears are for nothing... and swallow your pride when you walk around shaved with holes in your head - people look but who cares, its a bit irritating in the hotel and in the airport, but its long forgotten now and who cares, you will never see them again.

I would fly/drive home immediately before the swelling hits you, and make sure you shopped as much as possible before - Aloe vera creme, DVDs, chips, coke, pizza on speed dial and take 2 weeks off work or school minimum... unless you can wear a hat then maybe 7 days is enough...

Shoot specific questions if you like, will be back later.
        Cheers

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Still-Researching
          Hi FDR,
          Thanks a lot, very happy indeed. How are you doing? Wish you great hair and best of luck in your studies and career changes.

Cheers
          Doing good. Studies are going well and I'm working hard to keep up a 1st in the exams. Clinical stuff will really kick off this year so it's beginning to seem all very real now. There's quite a bit of pressure but good healthy pressure if that's possible.

Hair is not so bad. Slow loss which is good I guess. Not posting here too often but I keep my eye out for cases like yours and a few others from time to time. I'll definitely hold off doing anything surgical for as long as possible and just try not to get too preoccupied with hairloss. I've other stuff to be focusing on and I don't think about it as much these days with the work load.

Feriduni has given you a great head of hair and you've got loads of FUE donor left if you ever need it so hairloss should no longer be a worry for you my friend.

All the best.

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
            • May 2011

Originally posted by chrisis
            Fantastic write up Still-Researching! And perfect timing, as my transplant is now a matter of weeks away! I feel so reassured and have copied your post and photos for my parents, who are still worried I may be making a mistake.

Is there any personal/specific advice you'd offer me before my surgery? I'd love to talk to you if you'd be happy to?

P.S. It's an incredible result.
            I wish you all the very best with your procedure Chrisis. Hope you get the result you're looking for. I'll be following your blog. You will be in good hands with Feriduni so worry not.

Comment

• baldozer
              • Oct 2012

Originally posted by Still-Researching
              @ Clandestine: Thanks - my doctor was Dr Feriduni

@ FDR: Thanks for always being positive and supportive, you are a great asset to this community and one of the reasons I still post here. I am grateful for all advises from you and others in the past.

@ 8868alex: Thanks, very happy indeed :-)

@ dex89: 2463 grafts FUE for app. EUR 10K
              The results are great but its really expensive. In my country, a very good doctor would take less than 3000 euros for this.

Comment

• GrowIt
                • Jan 2013

Fantastic result! Congratulations!

Comment

Working...