+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question I'd like to keep the hair I have - what's the best combination?

I'm pretty new to the scene and was thinking Propecia and Rogain perhaps? But there's so many different kinds of Rogaine and apparently a cheaper version of Propecia (called Proscar) that I get lost trying to combine a good regimen to keep the hair I have.

Also, if I do decide to get something like Proscar, where can I get it from (I'm in Canada)?

You need to book and appointment with a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav23 View Post
    I'm pretty new to the scene and was thinking Propecia and Rogain perhaps? But there's so many different kinds of Rogaine and apparently a cheaper version of Propecia (called Proscar) that I get lost trying to combine a good regimen to keep the hair I have.

Also, if I do decide to get something like Proscar, where can I get it from (I'm in Canada)?
    Generic minoxidil - 5% Kirkland - is very cheap. Proscar and its generic derivatives are already very cheap as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav23 View Post

In canada, ask for a proscar prescription from your doctor, it's around 70-80 bucks for a years supply(if you cut the pills in quarters like you should).

I'd reccomend the big 3. Nizoral, Minoxidil, proscar.

my regime is:
    7 days a week proscar
    mon and thurs- Nizoral
    tues, fri, sat, sun- minoxidil 5%
    wed- only proscar(makes my hair feel less rigid).

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You need to book and appointment with a doctor who specializes in treating hair loss.
    they are useless!

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    they are useless!
    You are very wrong, very reckless and even more foolish.

Be wary of Propecia side effects, especially if you're young and your balding is on the lesser side. In my opinion, the studies I've seen do not prove safety satisfactorily in such men.

Disclaimer: 28 year old who had Propecia side effects, and still trying to shake them off.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    In my opinion, the studies I've seen do not prove safety satisfactorily in such men.
    For the record, I agree with this opinion. Propecia/Proscar or generic Finasteride is appropriate for those who have thinning in the vertex and/or mid-anterior but not appropriate for those who are trying to prevent the natural and normal adult mature male hair line from developing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    For the record, I agree with this opinion. Propecia/Proscar or generic Finasteride is appropriate for those who have thinning in the vertex and/or mid-anterior but not appropriate for those who are trying to prevent the natural and normal adult mature male hair line from developing.
    u have no idea of what your talking about. Propecia and Rogaine are only allowed to report it's efficacy in the crown because it has only been FDA approved for that use. However, many hair restoration physicians prescribe Propecia and Rogaine for hair loss in the hairline as there is a possibility that it will both stop further hairline recession and possibly even regrow hair.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpauly View Post
    However, many hair restoration physicians prescribe Propecia and Rogaine for hair loss in the hairline as there is a possibility that it will both stop further hairline recession and possibly even regrow hair.
    Please don't lose track of my original point: the safety of Propecia is not proven in men who have hair loss limited to their hairline, which applies especially to younger man.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Where are the studies testing the safety of Propecia for young men at the early stages of losing hair? I haven't seen any that are even representative.