+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Do you buy your fin online?
    If so, what website?

Thanks,
    My dermatologist prescribes it[5mg], I get it from my local pharmacy.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    I did go to the dermatologist, she really didn't have much knowledge about hair loss. I've been on propecia for 13 months and been buying it from walgreens for 80 dollars. I can afford it but I rather buy it a lot cheaper. Any links guys?
    From now on just buy generic. 80 dollars, how many pills do you get and are they 1mg or 5mg? I get mine for free, I haven't paid for fin in years. I think it's covered or something, I don't know. But they did stopped my hair loss.

It's weird your doctor won't prescribe you generic finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    You need to research before you start taking finasteride. There are some serious side effects that are claimed to sometimes be permanent. Now, there is a lot of fear mongering. The sides are very low (about 2% above the placebo), generally stop with continued use, or stop when you stop taking the drug.

But you need to be prepared to take the risk for taking fin. Prepared for "the shed" you may experience.

Use the search function and look around for a bit.

Anyway, it's simply "finasteride" that you want to get. That is the 5mg drug. The brand name one of regaine or whatever it's called is the expensive version at 1mg. What I did was buy a daily pill container (row of seven boxes with the first letter of the week on each "box"), and a pill cutter off Amazon. Every eight days I cut two pills into eight pieces, take one part when I cut them, and fill the box up with the other seven.

Look on Amazon for those two things I listed. Mine costed me probably €5.00 all up.

I wouldn't go for propecia in the first place. way to risky long-term. imagine you interfere with your hormonal balance a life long - this does need to have negative effects (in the long run), which may even be difficult to link back to propecia.
    i replaced propecia with trx2 and really happy with this. also works fine in combination with minoxidil as both act on the same mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    From now on just buy generic. 80 dollars, how many pills do you get and are they 1mg or 5mg? I get mine for free, I haven't paid for fin in years. I think it's covered or something, I don't know. But they did stopped my hair loss.

It's weird your doctor won't prescribe you generic finasteride.
    yeah it was 90 but i got a discount for a year so its 80 now. It's 1mg and for 30 days :/

She didn't seem to know much about hair loss, it was mostly a skin clinic. I was a embarrassed because all the employees where really hot. lol

edit: i though insurance didn't cover propecia or fin??

Quote Originally Posted by DepressedByHairLoss View Post
    Hey man, interesting post. Did you ever use finasteride or did you only use minoxidil for 15.5 years? I was wondering, because minoxidil really isn't known to stop hair loss so I'm thinking that maybe you just developed a normal, mature NW2 hair line and then your hair loss stopped. A lot of males just develop normal adult hair lines and then experience no more hair loss. My dad had a receding hair line at age 20, yet he's 60 now, and still has an incredibly thick head of hair.
    Can you tell me, please, who told you that "minoxidil really isn't known to stop hair loss"?! It is just a medication aimed at regrowth of hair! If it regrows hair, it is also a matter of common sense that it must stop hair loss! Why would people use it, if it did nothing?

I used minoxidil alone, by the way, and until I started to visit internet forums...uh...latrines, it has never occured to me that it should stop working. I have been using finasteride for 6,5 weeks only, because I wanted to feel safer and I wanted to support my current effort to get my Norwood1 hairline back.

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    You're simply reduing the conversion to DHT
    Thats merely one effect of the chemical bonding of the Five Alpha Reductase Type II enzyme.