+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default [Pictures]New little hairs on right side of my hairline

They've been growing for a week, or at least i've been noticing them for a week. Yes they are new, not miniaturizing, because when I touch them I feel them more and more as the days go by. I hope these are not just vellus hairs or peech fuzz? Maybe they will turn in to real hairs[terminal]?

Two pics of the situation, no flash and flash. And a close up of the flash pic.

What treatments are you using?

What have you been doing different in the last few weeks ?

For the past 1 year and 8-9 months I have been on fin 1.25mg daily.

Since April of this year I have been treating alopecia areata with clobetasol propionate ointment, right on top of where those little hairs appeared. When I put the ointment, I rub it all around my right hairline corner and temple, and leave the left side alone. It's no coincidence that these new little hairs are growing only for the right side but not for the left side. So I think it's the clobetasol, though i've read that it's not for MPB so I don't know what's going on.

Do you guys think these are just peech fuzz/vellus hairs that won't grow any further than that? I've had these little false alarms before, but not this noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    For the past 1 year and 8-9 months I have been on fin 1.25mg daily.

Since April of this year I have been treating alopecia areata with clobetasol propionate ointment, right on top of where those little hairs appeared. When I put the ointment, I rub it all around my right hairline corner and temple, and leave the left side alone. It's no coincidence that these new little hairs are growing only for the right side but not for the left side. So I think it's the clobetasol, though i've read that it's not for MPB so I don't know what's going on.

Do you guys think these are just peech fuzz/vellus hairs that won't grow any further than that? I've had these little false alarms before, but not this noticeable.

I told you clobestasol works wonders on Alopecia areata... I doubt it's helping areas that are affected by MPB, but who knows.. gutted thinks it will. I tried it for awhile but stopped.

How often do you use it? I heard you're not suppose to use it for prolonged periods, but the study that used it for Alopecia areta had subjects using it daily for 30-60 days or so w/ no issues

Clobetasol hasn't regrown any AA lost hair. It has regrown new hair from a spot in my hairline that was affected by MPB, like shown in the pics, but that's about it. As far as the spots that were hit with AA, clobetasol hasn't regrown the hair. I just use it in hopes that it's at least suppressing the AA on those spots.

Clobetasol hasn't regrown any AA lost hair. It has regrown new hair from a spot in my hairline that was affected by MPB, like shown in the pics, but that's about it. As far as the spots that were hit with AA, clobetasol hasn't regrown the hair. I just use it in hopes that it's at least suppressing the AA on those spots.
    hmm... well it's possible it would regrow MPB, me and gutted posited that it may.

did you see the study that I posted where some AA patients got total regrowth of their AA loss?

how often do you use it? how long have you used it?

Since April of this year.

You know regrowth of AA is also spontaneous right? After regrowth from corticosteroid injections, no ointment ever did anything to regrow more AA lost hair. Until about a month ago, all of my bald spots recovered hair at the same time, in the same time span. I know it was spontaneous regrowth because even my beard AA came back all at the same time, and I wasn't even treating it. Because I don't care about my beard or mustache AA, since I shave it clean of anyway. But I never treated it and it just all totally came back by itself. Mind you, the part of the AA I didnd't care about or treated, had total regrowth. But the AA in my scalp which I do treat, hasn't fully come back yet.

Since April of this year.

You know regrowth of AA is also spontaneous right? After regrowth from corticosteroid injections, no ointment ever did anything to regrow more AA lost hair. Until about a month ago, all of my bald spots recovered hair at the same time, in the same time span. I know it was spontaneous regrowth because even my beard AA came back all at the same time, and I wasn't even treating it. Because I don't care about my beard or mustache AA, since I shave it clean of anyway. But I never treated it and it just all totally came back by itself. Mind you, the part of the AA I didnd't care about or treated, had total regrowth. But the AA in my scalp which I do treat, hasn't fully come back yet.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12833016

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...90962203007795

What do those articles mean exactly? That Clobetasol was only 28% successful and that it only works where you apply it?