+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Where do you purchase the ointment?

It was prescribed to me by my dermatologist when I asked them if there's anything topical I can use for alopecia areata. Picked it up at my local pharmacy.

I don't know where they sell this stuff, I think it's only prescription and they only sell it in pharmacies. Otherwise, you can try an online pharmacy like InHousepharmacy.biz or Unitedpharmacies. These are both UK based websites I think, but i've read that they are legit.

I'll keep this thread updated, maybe weekly with pics. I think in one month we'll see if this is actually regrowth or just a little trick my hair is playing on me.

Quote Originally Posted by PatientlyWaiting View Post
    They've been growing for a week, or at least i've been noticing them for a week. Yes they are new, not miniaturizing, because when I touch them I feel them more and more as the days go by. I hope these are not just vellus hairs or peech fuzz? Maybe they will turn in to real hairs[terminal]?

Two pics of the situation, no flash and flash. And a close up of the flash pic.

I also have tinny hairs near my hairline but I trim them off and I had them for years. I'm just waiting till my hair grows out and then I'll Post some pictures for some honest judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    I also have tinny hairs near my hairline but I trim them off and I had them for years. I'm just waiting till my hair grows out and then I'll Post some pictures for some honest judgement.
    I've had them before, but not there, I had them on my left side. And not that much and that noticeable either. That all went south when I was hit with AA midway last year. I lost all progress I was having with MPB and haven't been able to fully recover that hair that AA took away from me.

I don't know if it's me or if they're really growing pretty fast but yesterday I noticed they were already a bit longer than the pics on the first page which are just from before yesterday. I took pictures from a farther distance instead of up-close, and you can still see the little hairs, that's something I couldn't do before yesterday. I'll post them in a sec.

Keep in mind these are not up-close so they're not that noticeable but you can still see them. The pic with no flash is hard to tell. Sorry if it annoys anyone but i'm gonna have to post them larger than before so you guys can see it better.

Nevermind about the pic with no flash, those come out so blurry it's not even worth posting the pic.

What concerns is what is that brown spot there, it wasn't there last year or any time before this year. There are other smaller one's around my hairline. I wonder if it's a side effect of clobetasol or something I took. It looks like my skin is aging but it's not getting any wrinkles. It looks weird.

I was hit with AA midway last year.
    sorry but what does AA mean?

those pictures seem really promising the brown spots are kind of odd though, which medication or supplements you think gave you those bad sides?

Red face

Well so much for that..Update: I shaved all the little hairs off LOL. I figured, if they're real hairs, then they'll grow back. Plus, i've just been thinking about them too much since I felt them, constantly taking pictures like a maniac in my bedroom, so I just took them off.

AA=Alopecia Areata.

constantly taking pictures like a maniac in my bedroom, so I just took them off.

LMAO I know what you mean bro!