+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

to beatinghairloss:

How do you explain that the latest research has found that stem cells need hypoxic conditions to keep functioning properly?

Quote Originally Posted by LPSboxing View Post
    to beatinghairloss:

How do you explain that the latest research has found that stem cells need hypoxic conditions to keep functioning properly?
    Hyproxic is below a percentage of oxygen it's anerobic that functions in no oxygen at all. I believe these terms refer to water but if the blood oxygen level requires a lower amount near or in the hair follicle I don't see how cutting that oxygen completely via lack of blood flow (blood is oxygens transport) would not have the same effect.

So in an essence there is no need to explain it having no value in my theory.

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    Hyproxic is below a percentage of oxygen it's anerobic that functions in no oxygen at all. I believe these terms refer to water but if the blood oxygen level requires a lower amount near or in the hair follicle I don't see how cutting that oxygen completely via lack of blood flow (blood is oxygens transport) would not have the same effect.

So in an essence there is no need to explain it having no value in my theory.

The L'Oreal research has found that in balding follicles there are 'altered' levels of oxygen and their product is supposed to bring this level down where it needs to be.

So how can balding follicles have too much oxygen if by your galea theory our follicles should be chocking down starving for oxygenated blood?

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    This quote shows perfectly that all you are is some idiot who has taken a few college bio classes and thinks that by tossing terms together you can sound smart. You're in way over your head son, please leave.

In reference to water you’re thinking of anoxic not hypoxic, the term anoxic is used commonly in wastewater treatment to describe the absence of oxygen.

Hypoxic is an adjective of hypoxia which is a deficiency in the amount of oxygen reaching body tissues.

The fact that you threw anaerobic in there proves my theory that you are some sophomore bio student who thinks he has everything figured out. I wish I could be there when the house of cards comes crashing down on your head.

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    This quote shows perfectly that all you are is some idiot who has taken a few college bio classes and thinks that by tossing terms together you can sound smart. You're in way over your head son, please leave.

In reference to water you’re thinking of anoxic not hypoxic, the term anoxic is used commonly in wastewater treatment to describe the absence of oxygen.

Hypoxic is an adjective of hypoxia which is a deficiency in the amount of oxygen reaching body tissues.

The fact that you threw anaerobic in there proves my theory that you are some sophomore bio student who thinks he has everything figured out. I wish I could be there when the house of cards comes crashing down on your head.
    Ha! I made the same observation in another thread he posted in. This made me laugh a bit.

Hypoxia, or oxygen depletion, is a phenomenon that occurs in aquatic environments as dissolved oxygen (DO; molecular oxygen dissolved in the water) becomes reduced in concentration to a point where it becomes detrimental to aquatic organisms living in the system

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypoxia_(environmental)

Aquatic(s) means relating to water; living in or near water or taking place in water

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquatic

And, by the way, some doctors in the past were sperimenting with CUTTING or reducing the blood flow to the scalp to stop hair loss or even regrow some.

Don't know if those experiments were successful though, but I guess not

But I think they were basically trying to create hypoxic conditions in the scalp, so maybe the underlying principle was actually valid.

forget about all this crap... hair transplants and experiments done in the past such as in petri dish and where they implanted HAIR FOLLICLES away from the scalp and yet the follicle continued to miniatiurize PROVE that MPB has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with galea, circulation, hypoxic environment bla bla

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    forget about all this crap... hair transplants and experiments done in the past such as in petri dish and where they implanted HAIR FOLLICLES away from the scalp and yet the follicle continued to miniatiurize PROVE that MPB has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with galea, circulation, hypoxic environment bla bla
    yeah maybe, but you can't deny that even the officially accepted 'it's only genetics and dht' theory has some big pieces missing. It's not like they have all figured. Very far from it.

And that's why in 2012 we still have nothing besides crap like finasteride and minoxidil.