+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 8868alex View Post
    No, I'm afraid I "don't get it". You don't even mention the individual's genetic sensitivity to DHT - this is far more significant. Your research only points to theory, not neccesarily fact. In any case, the idea that one should not ejaculate until "they meet a girl" pretty much renders you an extremist and to be honest, a bit odd. But hey, if this works for you then all power to you. I think you've come to the wrong place to sermonise though.
    You misunderstood me. I meant to say, knowing what I know; I would not ejaculate unless I found a girl. Once you have convinced yourself that with each ejaculation you are increasing DHT it makes it very easy to wait for the real thing. A believe me I am not an extremist. I went daily sense puberty and not until I found all this info did I reduce my rate. It’s purely scientific for me with a mild case of vanity not wanting to lose my hair. The individual genetic sensitivity would make sense If overall hair loss was not localized. However it is, you don’t develop Male Pattern baldness on the side or back of your head or the rest of your body. You only lose hair where the galea covers. The genetic individual sensitivity is by far the worst misconception in hair loss and worse it’s not even observed or tested. The one test they did was on one person’s arm and its completely speculated as fact and if someone on here posts it you will see how bogus it is. Look at the studies I posted don’t take my word for it read for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    Interesting.

Do you take Propecia and/or Rogaine beatinghairloss?

Also what do you know about facial hair and how it's effected by DHT and related to balding. You seem some bald guys with full beards, some guy with no beards, some people only get beards in their mid-later adulthood. I've never really got a clear answer on how something like propecia would affect facial hair.
    I don't use either. I cant justify the cost let alone the possible side effects.

DHT at high enough levels grows facial hair. This starts for most after the rapid growth of the prostate I spoke about earlier starting at age 12 steadily increasing until the early twenties. By this time most have as much facial hair as they can and the remaining high levels of DHT do their work. I would be hard pressed to find a young balding man without Facial hair. Most often people notice balding around the time there facial hair grows. Again without a tight scalp you still gain facial hair with growth of the prostate but just minus the loss of hair. A good majority of all the DHT our bodies makes exits our poors its only a problem for people with tight scalps and/or slow blood flow.

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    No hogwash. Educated, sited, and practical rebuttals only if you must. I have provided my evidence for my theories and conclusions so please either do the same or don’t comment at all.
    I have zero tension on my scalp, I can push it together so it looks like a shar pei. I have eaten the healthiest diet possible for the last 5 or 6 years. Yet I have been loosing my hair for years. Your theories are shit, they have been pushed around for years by pseudo wanna be armchair scientists, if baldness was simply the result of scalp tightness, lack of blood flow, and poor diet it would have been cured years ago. Are you the same idiot who comes back on here every few months and posts this same bullshit?

Quote Originally Posted by greatjob! View Post
    I have zero tension on my scalp, I can push it together so it looks like a shar pei. I have eaten the healthiest diet possible for the last 5 or 6 years. Yet I have been loosing my hair for years. Your theories are shit, they have been pushed around for years by pseudo wanna be armchair scientists, if baldness was simply the result of scalp tightness, lack of blood flow, and poor diet it would have been cured years ago. Are you the same idiot who comes back on here every few months and posts this same bullshit?
    Lift your eyebrows up and take a pic of your hair line. Prove it. Also how often do you ejaculate? You still haven't shown any proof. You don't know me. Why so hostel? The laxity of your scalp on the top of your head not the back or sides. Come on prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by beatinghairloss View Post
    Hair growth is affected by multiple factors much like the growth of a plant in your garden. You do not simply plant a seed in dry ground and expect the sun to do all the work. You also need water. Additionally this water needs certain nutrients to maintain the optimal level of plant health. Well much like a plant needing sun, water, and nutrients hair needs nutrient rich blood, sun and hormones. Well some hormones promote body and facial hair and some promote hair on the head. It just so happens that the hormone that promotes facial and body hair also damages hair on the head under the “wrong” condition. I will get to that wrong condition in a moment. First what is this hormone that promotes facial and body hair and is also the main cause for Male Pattern Baldness (MPB)? It’s called Dihydrotestosterone (DHT) and it’s a potent androgen that is converted from Testosterone (T) in many places but primarily in your Prostate.

This is in no way my opinion it is common knowledge that DHT is the culprit behind MPB and all medications on the market aim at stopping this conversion of T to DHT. The only medication that has had any real success with this was first introduced to the public under the brand name Propecia. Propecia claims to block the enzyme responsible for making this conversion of T to DHT and that enzyme is called the 5-Alpha Reductase. If you don’t already know, an enzyme is a catalyst that speeds up or in some cases makes a chemical reaction happen that other wise would not have been possible. Propecia makers originally prescribed the medication for people experiencing Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH).

In other words BPH is simply an enlarged prostate usually noticed by an increased in urine frequency and in most cases difficulty urinating. Propecia works by reducing the size of the prostate and it was later that it was discovered to grow hair on balding crowns of men. Sense then they have hypothesized that Propecia blocks T to DHT conversion via the inhibiting of the 5-Alpha Reductase. Its mechanism for doing this or to what degree it does is irrelevant because the reducing of the prostate is the key to re-growing hair. As Testosterone leaves the testicle(s) along with Sperm it travels to the Prostate where the semen is excreted through Dermal Cells to join the sperm to make the total ejaculate. Semen from the prostate keeps the sperm alive in the highly acidic Vagina. 95% of the Testosterone that gets to the prostate is converted into Dihydrotestosterone.

These hormones are very much essential for reproductions and go on to be key in mammalian hair growth. At age 12 your prostate is only the size of pea where it begins a rapid growth phase that will slow down in your early 20’s. After you have reached this age and subsequently this size prostate you now are able per ejaculation to put out more DHT then ever before. So then DHT will promote hair growth in many places in your body before it affects hair however at high enough levels you begin to experience free DHT that simply has nowhere to go.

A hair has growth phase of 6 years so if you have all the hair you need growing and you continue to have high DHT it’s going to be expelled out of your body VIA acne. Now this would be fine if it were not for that “condition” that I mentioned in the beginning. Because of various factors that are being discovered as you read this the scalp of males and females can become vary tight. It is in this tight scalp that DHT can not make it across the tiny capillaries running across the top of your head. The DHT literally gets clogged in the “run off” capillaries to the hair follicle and the hair starves to death.

The tightness of the scalp comes in many forms and where that pressure is applied is what will begin this balding process subsequently determining the pattern at which someone will lose hair. Also, how fast the pressure is applied will determine how quickly you lose your hair in those areas. For some people the pressure gives at certain areas so they don’t lose as much hair other its all over and for some they have such thick loose scalps DHT never has a chance to cause hair loss. The list of possibilities in modernized societies contributing to a tight scalp and lack of blood flow is endless. The major players include stress, processed Carbohydrate foods, and medications. Stress is by far the worst because it increases muscle tension in the shoulders and neck subsequently pulling on the 3 major muscles of the head.

These muscles in the head are; Frontalis, Temporal and Occipitalis http://medical-transcriptionist-refe...l-muscles.html. If you view the link here you will be able to see why these areas are prone to tightness due to stress and how they connect to the muscles of the shoulders and neck. The next note worthy observation one might make is the absence of muscles on the top of the head where coincidentally the worst cases of hair loss experience an entirely bald head. A very unuseful way of measuring a bald head is picture diagram called the Norwood Scale and the worst is a Norwood 7 .http://www.greathairtransplants.com/.../norwood12.jpg.

This area that covers the top of the head is for most your life a generally loose, thick and tough layer of skin called the Galea Aponeurotica http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galea_aponeurotica. The Galea for short, is attached to the muscles of the head and is victim of the downward pulling of these tight muscles. Due to the shape of the skull as it grows into adult hood the downward pressure begins in certain places and has certain pressure giveaways where the pressure is stronger and weaker in different places on the head.

This allows for various balding patterns but almost all having similarities. An excellent explanation of this diagram from a mathematical perspective is found here. http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.p...tern_baldness/. Genetics is over simplified which is why genetic hair loss as they say, can come from your mother, father, or distant relative. This fact is most of hair loss comes from genetic skull shape, muscle configuration even inherited habits. These habits may include food or medications.

For example, Motrin is a strong Vasodilator that if taken regularly will contribute to hair loss. Studies show parents who rely on Motrin for pain relief often have children who do the same. Food contributes to hair loss because high processed foods cause plaque induced high blood pressure which will slow down free blood flow while fruit and vegetales counteract these substances. To talk of the benefits of whole foods I could go on for hours so I will state very clearly that diet alone will not stop hair loss but if all other contributors are corrected diet too must be addressed.

As Testosterone leaves the testicle(s) along with Sperm it travels to the Prostate where the semen is excreted through Dermal Cells to join the Semen to make the total ejaculate. Semen from the prostate keeps the sperm alive in the highly acidic Vagina. 95% of the Testosterone that gets to the prostate is converted into Dihydrotestosterone.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2055645.

Botox study Shows the importance of circulation and a cushioned scalp
    http://journals.lww.com/plasreconsur...ulinum.79.aspx

Minoxodil is a vasodilator that increases blood flow.
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6239893

shows the significant decrease in blood flow to the balding areas where as people not balding had no decrease in blood flow at all
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8628793

study showing a rise in testosterone after day 7 of abstience suggesting at the very least a week is how long it takes for your body to balance its hormones out following ejaculation
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12506329

This study shows one ejaculation a week will rise DHT levels and its the only hormone effected by ejaculation.
    http://www.bmj.com/content/310/6990/1289.full

Women have one tenth the amount of testosterone as compared to men but by age forty, their level can rise to half that of a 20 year-old man. Mainly for women DHT is converted from T in the brain and skin. This explains why most women never have enough DHT to cause hair loss and the ones who do its usually later in life.
    http://wellnessmd.com/index.php?opti...=64&Itemid=106
    I randomly split your post in to paragraphs so that I can actually read it, and make everyone's life easier. Thank me later. Will read quoted version now.

Hey thanks

Propecia works by reducing the size of the prostate and it was later that it was discovered to grow hair on balding crowns of men.
    This is false.

Myth: Propecia was originally a prostate medication that was found to prevent hair loss.
    Fact: Propecia is not a prostate medication that was by chance noted to have a side effect of hair growth, it is a medication that was known since its discovery that it could grow hair.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...a-finasteride/

Default Your wrong

History

In 1974, Julianne Imperato-McGinley of Cornell Medical College in New York attended a conference on birth defects. She reported on a group of hermaphroditic children in the Caribbean who appeared sexually ambiguous at birth, and were initially raised as girls, but then grew external male genitalia and other masculine characteristic post-onset of puberty. Her research group found that these children shared a genetic mutation, causing deficiency of the 5α-reductase enzyme and male hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT), which was found to have been the etiology behind abnormalities in male sexual development. Upon maturation, these individuals were observed to have smaller prostates which were underdeveloped, and were also observed to lack incidence of male pattern baldness.[47][48]

In 1975, copies of Imperato-McGinley's presentation were seen by P. Roy Vagelos, who was then serving as Merck's basic-research chief. He was intrigued by the notion that decreased levels of DHT led to the development of smaller prostates. Dr. Vagelos then sought to create a drug which could mimic the condition found in the pseudo-hermaphroditic children in order to treat older men who were suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia.[49]

In 1992, finasteride (5 mg) was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), which Merck marketed under the brand name Proscar.

In 1997, Merck was successful in obtaining FDA approval for a second indication of finasteride (1 mg) for treatment of male pattern baldness (MPB), which was marketed under the brand name Propecia.

work cited: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

I have this original release of 1992 in news article.

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed...o.cfm?id=66361

If I was you I wouldn't be citing bernsteinmedical anymore apparently they are not very reliable.

Default What happens if your unable to convert T to DHT

5-Alpha Reductase deficiency

At puberty, individuals often have primary amenorrhoea and may experience virilization. This may include descending of the testes, hirsutism (facial/body hair considered normal in males - not to be confused with hypertrichosis), deepening of the voice, and enlargement of the clitoris. In adulthood, individuals do not experience male-pattern baldness.[1] As DHT is a far more potent androgen than testosterone alone, virilization in those lacking DHT may be absent or reduced compared to males with functional 5-ARD. It is hypothesized that rising testosterone levels at the start of puberty (around age twelve) are able to generate sufficient levels of DHT either by the action of 5α-reductase type I (active in the adult liver, non-genital skin and some brain areas) or through the expression of low levels of 5α-reductase type II in the testes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-alpha...ase_deficiency

You see if your prostate cant make DHT your liver and skin can but apparently not enough to cause hair loss. I didn't go into this research with my mind set. I didn't choose to single out ejaculations....no. All roads lead to one conclusion. I have spent hours, days, weeks, years carefully collecting all data from both sides and have come to one conclusion. Ejaculation is the secret culprit "accelerating" hair loss and most men will not believe it no matter how pressing the evidence is. I suppose most of you feel like me.....It's not worth the trade off. So take it for what its worth enjoy your sex life but don't deny your self the knowledge of knowing theres a choice.

Case Closed

Default Correction

I said in my original post Motrin is a vasodilator I ment to say vasoconstrictor this was a typo.****