+ Reply to Thread

Default Excema & telogen effluvium or MPB?

HI guys

I hope everyone is very well.
    I have been struggling with a condition the bast 2.5 years that is causing me a lot of anxiety. Your honest opinions would be very helpful- Thanks Everyone.

A Brief Story: Photo number #1 was taken 2,5 years ago. I was going through a very stressful patch- I started a new Antidepressant and wasn't sleeping well or having correct Nutrition. My hair was falling out like crazy. On the sides of my head and the Hairline was very noticeable. Have a look at photo # 1. I outlined the area in red where the hairline used to be.

I went to the Dermatologist and he said I have diffused hair loss- telogen effluvium. Hairloss with no Pattern.

At the time He started me on 1mg of finpecia just incase- Which I have been taking ever since.

About 4monhts ago I went back to the Derm, As my hair was still falling out and thinning- I also had a very sore bumps and my scalp was inflamed and sore. In some of the photos you can see the inflammation on the hairline.

The Derm indicated that I now also have Dermatitis and Excema. I think my stress and poor sleeping habits cause the exema. However these now seams to be more receding in the corners of my hairline. Take a look at picture number 2.

My scalp- where the hair used to be has a distinctive reddish- scaly look to it. It is very prominent on the hairline. See Picture 3.

I found a picture on the internet of a man with telogen effluvium. See Picture 4. It feels similar to mine. Also here: http://www.dermnet.com/images/Teloge...64?imgNumber=7

What you guys think. I am hoping to retain my hair. I am a 27 Year old male.
    The other pictures attached are images of my general hair condition.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Any one with similar experiences or can notice signs of MPB. 50% of the Derms say its MPB, the other 50% say is because of my scalp condition. What you guys think?

Warm Regards

Peggie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg

Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	16188   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	16189   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	16190   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg

Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	16191   Click image for larger version

Name:	hair 5.jpg

Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	16192   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hair 6.jpg

Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	16193   Click image for larger version

Name:	today2.jpg

Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	16194  

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Do you have a strong family history of male pattern hair loss? Scalp conditions can speed up the hair loss process in someone who was programmed to have genetic hair loss later in life. In a patient who did not have the gene for genetic hair loss it would likely be temporary.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Default Thanks

Many thanks for your reply.
    There is a little bit of baldness in my family. However my dad is not bald, Neither my moms brothers. My Moms father was bald, But what is interesting is that My moms sisters suffer from FPB and not any of the brothers. They have thick hair into their 60s.

I feel that maybe the TE and Excema could have matured my hairline from Juvenile to Mature much faster. I am not sure. The Doc says I have no Miniaturization beyond the hairline. I am 27 years old.

I am speculating I was bound to have this slightly higher Hairline and the Scalp conditions sped up this.

Thanks for you input. Warm Regards
    Peggie