+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Did I rub out my grafts 1 week after Surgery?

Can Someone Please help me? I got a Hair Resoration Procedure done 2 weeks ago, 2,000 Grafts. Exactly 1 week after the procedure I started gently rubbing the graft area. Their were alot of scabs in the area and I was told to start gently loosening them up it in the shower. I didn't do that in the shower. I just did the cup method. For whatever bonehead reason though I wasn't thinking, and I started gently rubbing the grafts, (not in the shower), and quite a bit of scabs came off. I noticed some of the scabs that came off had a little follicle at the end of the hair. A couple of the scabs had 3 hair attached. It didnt look like their was a piece of skin or anything like that. (Also, this entire time I wasn't picking my scabs with my fingernails, I was gently rubbing over them with the pads of my fingers going with the grain of my hair, some would loosen relatively easy and come off) . Their wasn't any bleeding at all. However, I'm freaking out over here though, thinking that I rubbed away my grafts. Can grafts be rubbed out without bleeding 1 week after the procedure? The more I read on this the more I freak out? Can someone help clarify?

Much Appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by nick2727 View Post
    Can Someone Please help me? I got a Hair Resoration Procedure done 2 weeks ago, 2,000 Grafts. Exactly 1 week after the procedure I started gently rubbing the graft area. Their were alot of scabs in the area and I was told to start gently loosening them up it in the shower. I didn't do that in the shower. I just did the cup method. For whatever bonehead reason though I wasn't thinking, and I started gently rubbing the grafts, (not in the shower), and quite a bit of scabs came off. I noticed some of the scabs that came off had a little follicle at the end of the hair. A couple of the scabs had 3 hair attached. It didnt look like their was a piece of skin or anything like that. (Also, this entire time I wasn't picking my scabs with my fingernails, I was gently rubbing over them with the pads of my fingers going with the grain of my hair, some would loosen relatively easy and come off) . Their wasn't any bleeding at all. However, I'm freaking out over here though, thinking that I rubbed away my grafts. Can grafts be rubbed out without bleeding 1 week after the procedure? The more I read on this the more I freak out? Can someone help clarify?

Much Appreciated
    Within a week the grafts are usually securely anchored. Whatever hair came out with the crusts would have shed anyway. It’s very normal. You’re fine.