+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by amadeus View Post
    What you have to understand is that not one of the posters who hijack every hair transplant thread to push the Gho agenda has any actual proof that Gho can regenerate hair follicles. Not all but many of these posters are uniformed trolls who poison this and other hair loss forums. These are the people you do not want to listen to. Topcat actually does have a lot of experience and much of what he says makes sense, but not everything he says is accurate either.
    In your case I think recommending FUE is reasonable and depending on your donor and your goals FUT with a top surgeon can work out very well and of course you can always just do nothing. You’ll learn quickly to stay clear of the extremists on the hair loss sites and to do your own homework. Meet with patients who have had both FUE and FUT who are in a similar situation as you and take your time. There are lots of agendas on these sites but the smart people can read through the BS.
    Well said. Imo HST has not been proven to work or disproven yet for that matter. I feel the onus is on HASCI to prove it though.

Be cautious and research. All the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    No way in hell a NW7 should have FUT transplant.
    dmann2k,

There are two fables that many guys like to keep spreading. One is that FUT always leaves an ugly scar, and the other is that FUE leaves no scarring at all. Both of these beliefs are false. These guys do not know what they are talking about. They are just talking.

You need to be aware that many of these guys are not doctors and their opinions concerning the drawbacks of FUT are far from accurate. The statement above is an excellent example. Talk to people who have actually had the procedure, preferably performed by the same doctor you have chosen.

For the record, I have had two FUT sessions performed by a very gifted surgeon. The results are outstanding and you can't even find my scar even if you know exactly where it is.

Tracy you are so right. It’s so great that there are experienced adults on this forum to help to set the record straight. These people spread such misinformation and are so poisonous. This is by far the best hair loss forum available to us and I am all for free speech, but to state things as facts when they are not is infuriating and dangerous. HST might indeed work, but to date there is zero verifiable, public evidence that it does and to say otherwise is bullshit!

Thank you for always being one of the voices of reason here and thank you too Follicle Death Row.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    dmann2k,

There are two fables that many guys like to keep spreading. One is that FUT always leaves an ugly scar, and the other is that FUE leaves no scarring at all. Both of these beliefs are false. These guys do not know what they are talking about. They are just talking.

You need to be aware that many of these guys are not doctors and their opinions concerning the drawbacks of FUT are far from accurate. The statement above is an excellent example. Talk to people who have actually had the procedure, preferably performed by the same doctor you have chosen.

For the record, I have had two FUT sessions performed by a very gifted surgeon. The results are outstanding and you can't even find my scar even if you know exactly where it is.

dmann2k,
    Haha, are you serious ?? You are comparing your case to his ??
    you are a girl so of course your scars will not be visible cause you don't shave your sides and back grade 1 or 2...Duh ... Actually strip is the only option for most girls since they need to shave their head for FUE and most girls won't do it.

So you quoted maradona for saying nw7 should never go FUT, now let's talk common sense and im not gonne talk about HST at all here since you don't beleive in Gho:
    1) FUT leaves a liner scar and regardless how good it is the minimum you can shave your sides and back is grade 3 and in most cases more.
    2) FUE leaves white dots scars but you can shave your sides and back down to grade 2 and in many cases grade 1.
    3) do you think a nw7 or even 6 will have enough donor to cover all the bald area ? And im not talking about few cases who arer donor freaks im talking in general ? Answer is NO
    Now let's move to conclusion, most HT doctors will start from hairline to frame the face and then move backward, and by that approach the crown in those advanced cases will still be pretty bald.
    Do you think with a visible thinning or bald crown grade 1 or 2 from the sides and backs will look better OR longer than grade 3 to cover that scar ?

Now since im done explaining about FUT and FUE, i would add that HST is scarless so it beats FUT and FUE for advanced cases (EVEN if there is no re-generation as Gho claims).

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    Haha, are you serious ?? You are comparing your case to his ??
    Yes I am serious and no I am not comparing my case to his. I am simply stating the reality of it. Both FUT and FUE are good options that have their respective places in hair restoration depending on the needs of the patient. The opinions of amateurs who have never even had a procedure should not be taken too seriously. The opinions of those who have never had a procedure do not carry any meaningful weight.

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    you are a girl so of course your scars will not be visible cause you don't shave your sides and back grade 1 or 2...Duh ...
    I would not need to shave my head for a person to be able to see the scar if it were visible. My stylist knows exactly where it is and she can't see it at all. She makes a point to try to find it every time I get my hair done.

The truth is FUT does not always leave a visible ugly scar. It is also true that sometimes FUT is the best option for the patient. Amateurs are not qualified to determine what is best for the patient.

Quote Originally Posted by dmann2k View Post
    I've been losing my hair for about 10 years. I'm NW 7a as told by Dr. Pineda who got good reviews on this site by a few people.

I'm about 1 month away from doing FUT and getting cold feet.

I have only one concern and that is scarring. I'm concerned that I will never be able to shave my head again due to a large scar at the back of my head after the procedure. This is important if I'm not happy with the results as I figured I could always go back to shaving my head.

I'm told that I look good with a shaved head but don't believe a word of it. Not a single word...

I have a good amount of donor hair just not in the places I want them to be which is what Dr. Pineda should be able to take care of. Incidentally the doctor mentioned he'd try to maximize the number of FUTs in one session.

Please respond if you'd needed to or were able to go back to shaving your head.. Also curious if anyone was unhappy with their results and wished they hadn't done FUT procedure.

Pics included
    It's true that I didn't have a transplant.

I would listen to topcat out of all the people in this forum and nobody else. Hes been on the chair a few times and knows all about this business.

Find his alias and send him a message.

God, it would be such a shame if you had FUT and then we find out Gho works as advertised. But there's nothing we can do about it right now .

I can guarantee you the owner of this forum would never let a doctor slice open the back of his head but in my opinion he can’t say it. This is a business and a substantial amount of money is being made so nobody likes to see the boat rocked too much. How can so many be so clueless.

And how does someone compare a man’s hairloss pattern over time with a woman’s and the relationship to a strip scar and not know that they are completely different. Do the research there are zero women looking for answers on how to repair their strip scars, now research the men let me know what you discover.

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    I can guarantee you the owner of this forum would never let a doctor slice open the back of his head but in my opinion he can’t say it.
    You're right on this. Although he's never explicitly said as much he has said enough to strongly imply it.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    Although he's never explicitly said as much he has said enough to strongly imply it.
    Spencer has specifically stated many times that he is afraid of the possibility of shock loss and he does not feel the risk of shock loss is worth it. As a norwood 3v, his concern over the possibility of shock loss is very valid. He has also stated many times that he can easily conceal his hair loss with Dermmatch. A person who is a norwood 4 or above would not have the same concerns over shock loss and would not be able to get reasonably good results with concealers.

As a norwood 3v, his concern over the possibility of shock loss is very valid. He has also stated many times that he can easily conceal his hair loss with Dermmatch. A person who is a norwood 4 or above would not have the same concerns over shock loss and would not be able to get reasonably good results with concealers.
    So you are saying the "gold standard" is only a good option for nw4 and above but not nw3 ?