Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aim4hair
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
    As a norwood 3v, his concern over the possibility of shock loss is very valid. He has also stated many times that he can easily conceal his hair loss with Dermmatch. A person who is a norwood 4 or above would not have the same concerns over shock loss and would not be able to get reasonably good results with concealers.
    So you are saying the "gold standard" is only a good option for nw4 and above but not nw3 ?

Comment

• Tracy C
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by aim4hair
      So you are saying the "gold standard" is only a good option for nw4 and above but not nw3 ?
      I did not say that.

Comment

• aim4hair
        • Aug 2011

I did not say that.
        What about the shockloss for nw3v ?

BTW,did you even read the guy post before jumping here and starting defending FUT and calling guys amateurs and all that shit

The guys said and i quote:
        "I have only one concern and that is scarring. I'm concerned that I will never be able to shave my head again due to a large scar at the back of my head after the procedure. This is important if I'm not happy with the results as I figured I could always go back to shaving my head."

Now answer him, would FUT give him the option of shaving or buzzing his head ?
        If your answer is no, then his concerns are valid and FUT ain't for him just as the rest of the guys said.

Comment

• Tracy C
          • Sep 2011

Originally posted by aim4hair
          BTW,did you even read the guy post before jumping here and starting defending FUT and calling guys amateurs and all that stuff...
          More than you did. Most of you guys are armatures and you do not know what you are talking about.

Comment

• aim4hair
            • Aug 2011

More than you did. Most of you guys are armatures and you do not know what you are talking about.
            i feel like im talking to a little kid, grow up and learn how to discuss as grown woman.
            And you didn't answer the part about the guy's concern, this topic about him NOT us, and that shows how you don't give a damn about his topic and you just hijacked it for stupid reasons. Anyways, im done with you.

Hey dmann2k,
            Don't listen to those old school ppl that are trying to shove an old technique up your throat without even addressing your concerns or even paying attention to your question.
            It's simple, FUT does work for some ppl but if you ever have the intention of having your sides and back short (grade 0 or 1 or 2 and in many cases grade 3 as well) FORGET about FUT. But, if you are planning to keep your hair long from the back and sides no matter what results or coverage you get, then go for it..

Comment

• topcat
              • May 2009

Having a giant scar across the back of your head eventually becomes an issue. If you are going to wear your hair long like a woman than maybe you can get away with it. But then there are several other issues besides how it looks. Hope you like to swim with a hat on.

The actor Jeremy Piven forgot to leave his hat on.

Comment

• Maradona
                • Nov 2011

Originally posted by topcat
                Having a giant scar across the back of your head eventually becomes an issue. If you are going to wear your hair long like a woman than maybe you can get away with it. But then there are several other issues besides how it looks. Hope you like to swim with a hat on.

Listen to this guy, it's the best advice anybody online can give.

Comment

• topcat
                  • May 2009

The cesarean section rate for women giving birth in 1965 was 4.5% in 2011 it was 33%. Why do you think that happens to be? Because it’s easy, fast and much more profitable for the doctor but the doctor will always tell the patient it’s a superior form of delivery and safer for the mother. Maybe them tell them it’s the Gold standard too but it’s all complete and utter bullshit.

FUE is long hard work when performed with a small manual punch just like natural child birth. There’s very little money to be made in long hard work it’s much easier to bullshit people.

Comment

• Tracy C
                    • Sep 2011

[QUOTE=aim4hair;76079...and learn how to discuss as grown woman.[/QUOTE]

I am not not saying much to you because you are absolutely not worth wasting my time. I gave the OP information he needed to know. Your claim that strip always leaves an ugly easy to see linear scar is false. You are an amateur and you do not know what you are talking about.

Comment

• DAVE52
                      • Sep 2010

I had a HT 12 yrs ago
                      I now buzz my head with a 1.5 guard
                      I'm lucky, I don't have a scar that goes from ear to ear and is 1/2 " wide .
                      I can live with this
                      Can you ?

Then again " maybe' you wan't be as lucky as I was

Ive seen worse

Comment

• mpb47
                        • Apr 2012

Why have a transplant if you want to keep it that short?

I don't let my hair get long, but I do let it get long/thick enough to conceal the thinning in the back. You can get many years more as a "non balding" guy if you let it grow out/thicken than if you buzz/shave.

I don't understand going to the trouble/expense of any kind of transplant if you want the buzz/shaved look??

Comment

• DAVE52
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by mpb47
                          I don't understand going to the trouble/expense of any kind of transplant if you want the buzz/shaved look??
                          You haven't had a HT , so you don't understand

At the time I had it done there was no plans to buzz my head . But, 12 yrs later , and further hair loss, I realized I was never goign to get the look I wanted . I would have had to go back for 3 or 4 HT's and I didn't want that.

And Jeremy Piven now wears a rug

Comment

• gmonasco
                            Inactive
                            • Apr 2010

The cesarean section rate for women giving birth in 1965 was 4.5% in 2011 it was 33%. Why do you think that happens to be?

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                              • Jul 2011

Originally posted by mpb47
                              Why have a transplant if you want to keep it that short?

I don't let my hair get long, but I do let it get long/thick enough to conceal the thinning in the back. You can get many years more as a "non balding" guy if you let it grow out/thicken than if you buzz/shave.

buzzed and not bald is one look, buzzed and bald is another.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by DAVE52
                                I had a HT 12 yrs ago
                                I now buzz my head with a 1.5 guard
                                I'm lucky, I don't have a scar that goes from ear to ear and is 1/2 " wide .
                                I can live with this
                                Can you ?

Then again " maybe' you wan't be as lucky as I was

Ive seen worse
                                this doesn't look bad at all, especially to an untrained eye. but it doesn't mean I want one.

Comment

Working...