+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rdawg View Post
    at 36 I'm not sure i'd reccomend even getting a hair transplant but it's your choice, you're at that age where a tonne of guys are going/or already are bald and especially at that age not many people care as much.

If you have the money, i'd try out GHO if you're serious about this, however i'm not a hair transplant expert so i'd simply reccomend researching alot then deciding. It's a big decision doing FUT or FUE as it leaves a permanent scar on the back of your head.
    So can you see the scar after FUE? I know that there is a scar after FUT..

Quote Originally Posted by aim4hair View Post
    to be honest, in an advanced case like you, i would avoid FUT.
    The thing is, if you go for FUT, FORGET about shaving or buzzing ever again, and with an advanced case like yours most likely your donor supply will not be enough to cover all balding spot (with nice density) specially from the crown area, so if you go for FUT you will not be able to to cut the sides and back short (grade 1 or 2).
    Having said that, i have seen some impressive mega-sessons FUT from H&W.

So it's all up to you, but if you are thinking to keep your hair short from the back and sides or buzz it at some point in the future, then forget about FUT.
    I was mistaken. I'm a 5A Norwood; I'm not a 7A Norwood.

why would you avoid FUT on a 5A?

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Your best bet is Dr. Gho or a really good FUE Doctor. No way in hell a NW7 should have FUT transplant. I don't know what kind of doctor would suggest that but that's seriously ****ed up.
    maradonna- Why is FUE or GHo better for a 5A patient which I am .

(I'm not a 7A as I was incorrect)

Quote Originally Posted by dmann2k View Post
    I was incorrect. I'm not a 7A . My rating is a 5A. Does that still mean that I should avoid FUT and why should I avoid it?
    With FUT you won't have enough donor supply to cover all the bald area, so let's say you get a good coverage for the front and hairline but your crown will still be very thin or have bald spot, with FUE you can have your hair very short from the sides and back so it will go fine with the crown... With FUT you will have a big scar you need to hide so you have to keep your hair long from the back and sides which will look bad since the bald or thin spots will be very very obvious.

So here is my break down to your options:
    FUT: big scar, limited donor supply, 1 megga session over 1 day can be enough.
    FUE: small white dots scars but not visible on grade 2+, limited donor, FUE sessions over multiple back to back days.
    HST: no scars, almost unlimited donor supply, HST sessions (1500 - 2000 graft) per session with 9 months waiting in between.

I've been losing my hair for about 10 years. I'm NW 7a as told by Dr. Pineda who got good reviews on this site by a few people.

I'm about 1 month away from doing FUT and getting cold feet.

I have only one concern and that is scarring. I'm concerned that I will never be able to shave my head again due to a large scar at the back of my head after the procedure. This is important if I'm not happy with the results as I figured I could always go back to shaving my head.

I'm told that I look good with a shaved head but don't believe a word of it. Not a single word...

I have a good amount of donor hair just not in the places I want them to be which is what Dr. Pineda should be able to take care of. Incidentally the doctor mentioned he'd try to maximize the number of FUTs in one session.

Please respond if you'd needed to or were able to go back to shaving your head.. Also curious if anyone was unhappy with their results and wished they hadn't done FUT procedure.

Pics included

DO NOT DO IT

you will never shave your head again!!!

Please do not let them dice your head open

I've been losing my hair for about 10 years. I'm NW 7a as told by Dr. Pineda who got good reviews on this site by a few people.

I'm about 1 month away from doing FUT and getting cold feet.

I have only one concern and that is scarring. I'm concerned that I will never be able to shave my head again due to a large scar at the back of my head after the procedure. This is important if I'm not happy with the results as I figured I could always go back to shaving my head.

I'm told that I look good with a shaved head but don't believe a word of it. Not a single word...

I have a good amount of donor hair just not in the places I want them to be which is what Dr. Pineda should be able to take care of. Incidentally the doctor mentioned he'd try to maximize the number of FUTs in one session.

Please respond if you'd needed to or were able to go back to shaving your head.. Also curious if anyone was unhappy with their results and wished they hadn't done FUT procedure.

Pics included

Please don't do it.... pics below

http://www.sfmedica.co.uk/sites/defa...nt_surgery.jpg

Well I would definitely agree with those pics posted, strip is completely insane. I wonder if that is in the brochure?

To the OP. I would listen to topcat and nobody else. Shit, I would not even listen to doctors.

Be very careful OP. There is no going back once you're ****ed you're ****ed.

I have to say agree with the boys here. It is a disgrace that FUT is still being offered and called "the gold standard" when there are far better treatments out there.

Avoid it at all costs OP. Get a FUE by Woods or Cole or HST by Gho but do not touch FUT.

FUT is the equivalent of a coat hanger abortion

What you have to understand is that not one of the posters who hijack every hair transplant thread to push the Gho agenda has any actual proof that Gho can regenerate hair follicles. Not all but many of these posters are uniformed trolls who poison this and other hair loss forums. These are the people you do not want to listen to. Topcat actually does have a lot of experience and much of what he says makes sense, but not everything he says is accurate either.
    In your case I think recommending FUE is reasonable and depending on your donor and your goals FUT with a top surgeon can work out very well and of course you can always just do nothing. You’ll learn quickly to stay clear of the extremists on the hair loss sites and to do your own homework. Meet with patients who have had both FUE and FUT who are in a similar situation as you and take your time. There are lots of agendas on these sites but the smart people can read through the BS.