+ Reply to Thread

Default UPDATE! 1 year Rogaine foam 3 1/2 years propecia!!

Sorry my first post got messed up!

Whats up everyone, just thought i would update everyone on my progress. If you want to know more about the whole years progress I have a thread somewhere on here from last year when i started rogaine that I updated a lot for about the first 6 months.

Real quick background: started propecia right after my 25th birthday, i was on between a NW2.5 and a NW 3 with thinning hair, no bald spots just receding.
    No sides from propecia, and success in that it slowed my hairloss to almost a halt and has continued to do so. Last July i decided to add Rogaine foam as my hair was still thinning slowly. I feared the shed but got up the nerve and jumped in head first. Now I had sheds, a very small one to start and then hair improved alot then the worst came about 7 months to the 9 month mark but nothing that anyone else could notice. I mean i thought it was a horrendous shed, (hand covered in hair when applying rogaine but believe me no one noticed it). Do Not let the shed stories scare you, if you have a shed it will end pretty quickly and in the end youll be happy you stuck with medication. Now at 12 months my hair is def better then it was last year, I didnt take pictures because i didnt want to look at them, so i can't tell exactly how much it has improved. But i can style my hair like the way i used to about 5 years ago, and thats AWESOME. Plus multiple people have commented asking me if i dyed my hair cause it looks darker, i act clueless but its darker cause its much thicker! The few people who know i use the meds have made comments out of no where telling me my hair looks good and they can't believe that stuff actually works!

Do i have perfect hair? No far from it, im still NW 3 ish but my hair quality has improved so much. My hair is better than it was 3 1/2 years ago when i started the meds and to me that is a huge success. I no longer worry about going bald in the near future, im pretty sure ill be good for a bunch of years if i continue on the meds. Its given me piece of mind! Good luck everyone, try not to spend to much time on these boards, some of these post are depressing!

Sounds good man. the reaction you had to propecia is why i like reccomending the product, it truly can halt or slightly improve your hair allowing you to hold onto say NW2 or NW3 hair for 10+ years! I'd much rather have that than suffer being a NW5+ and go completely bald. At the very least it could save you money on future hair care.

still congrats on the results, hopefully i have similar results, been on propecia, Nizoral and rogaine over a month now.

Sweet, Hopefully I get the same results with propecia and need to stick with rogaine and not give up on it. Congrats and thanks for the update friend.

Quote Originally Posted by heynow1234 View Post
    Sorry my first post got messed up!

Whats up everyone, just thought i would update everyone on my progress. If you want to know more about the whole years progress I have a thread somewhere on here from last year when i started rogaine that I updated a lot for about the first 6 months.

Real quick background: started propecia right after my 25th birthday, i was on between a NW2.5 and a NW 3 with thinning hair, no bald spots just receding.
    No sides from propecia, and success in that it slowed my hairloss to almost a halt and has continued to do so. Last July i decided to add Rogaine foam as my hair was still thinning slowly. I feared the shed but got up the nerve and jumped in head first. Now I had sheds, a very small one to start and then hair improved alot then the worst came about 7 months to the 9 month mark but nothing that anyone else could notice. I mean i thought it was a horrendous shed, (hand covered in hair when applying rogaine but believe me no one noticed it). Do Not let the shed stories scare you, if you have a shed it will end pretty quickly and in the end youll be happy you stuck with medication. Now at 12 months my hair is def better then it was last year, I didnt take pictures because i didnt want to look at them, so i can't tell exactly how much it has improved. But i can style my hair like the way i used to about 5 years ago, and thats AWESOME. Plus multiple people have commented asking me if i dyed my hair cause it looks darker, i act clueless but its darker cause its much thicker! The few people who know i use the meds have made comments out of no where telling me my hair looks good and they can't believe that stuff actually works!

Do i have perfect hair? No far from it, im still NW 3 ish but my hair quality has improved so much. My hair is better than it was 3 1/2 years ago when i started the meds and to me that is a huge success. I no longer worry about going bald in the near future, im pretty sure ill be good for a bunch of years if i continue on the meds. Its given me piece of mind! Good luck everyone, try not to spend to much time on these boards, some of these post are depressing!
    You apparently didn't respond to finasteride optimally. If you encountered some problems in the future, add dutasteride (a small dose like 0.5 mg/week).