Decision Time

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gillenator
    • Dec 2008

I have not heard of claims to that before.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
      • May 2011

Originally posted by ejd1984
      I've got a curiosity question (that popped into my little head):

Will a HT also stimulate regrowth in some dormant and adjacent hairs?
      I have heard such claims before by a certain NY doc (happy to say he's not an IAHRS member) with regard to Acell and PRP combined with HT. It is imho bull$h!t and a dirty sales pitch to extract extra money for what is an ineffective treatment.

Comment

• ejd1984
        • Jul 2012

I haven't heard it from any source, just a question I thought of.

Comment

• Stevie R
          • Aug 2012

@gillenator, hey man on a different topic I have a scar that is 1mm wide that I want filled with FUEs in hopes to take my hair down low, do you think my result can be acheived? Cortisone shots have reduced the scar, I will also do fraxel, the derma roller, as well as using about every cream. What are my chances? I can cover the scar right now at a 2 guard easily maybe even a 1 1/2 guard, i just want to not worry about this dumb scar any more. Any advise? I have seen some great results but there are few cases like mine with such thin scars...

Comment

• gillenator
            • Dec 2008

StevieR,

You certainly are an exception to most patients who are in want/need of further scar reduction. Whatever you do, do not get a revision which would be further surgical attempts to make the scar thinner.

A 1mm scar is what most HT patients end up with providing they are good healers and had a competent surgeon with closing skills. It's hard to improve a 1mm scar so while FUE into your scar may potentially hide it more, once you get hair length down to less than a number 2 guide, it's hard to "completely diminish" the appearance especially in bright light. If you do decide on adding FUE, don't make it too many grafts. You can always add more later. Adding too many grafts in scar tissue can compromise adequate blood flow for the grafts to take and grow.

Honestly, I would advocate that you keep your hair length no shorter than what is absolutely essential to hide the scar. In other words, rather than have a goal to be able to buzz down to a number 1 guide, have a goal to just keep it hid as best as you can.

Any reason why you did not elect to go with a triclosure?

Best wishes to you friend.
            "Gillenator"
            more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Comment

• Stevie R
              • Aug 2012

@ Gillenator, I understand what you are saying, I am hoping to camo it with a 1 and trying not to get my hopes past that...It was trico and the scar is smaller than 1mm in some spots (maybe most spots) with hair growing through and I hope hair will continue to grow through as I was told it will and I hope it will get smaller still and was told it may with another few months, and I also was told it will get smaller by a bit with fraxel which seems to be mostly true. The good ting about my scar is is that it is in a good spot to look like a wrinkle, my brother has a big wrinkle there and I am hoping to have the same. An HT was a mistake and I got conned by a poor doc who gave me poor growth and a scar when I was too young and naive, not so nice. Yet I am confident I can get it to a number 1 guard and have seen many at a zero that look quite good, and who would know you did FUE into a scar? I understand the lighting thing to an extent but I have seen results where the scars color has changed...Well I am hoping for the best anyway and may combo it with some SMP as I am certain that it will fade. Now it is just about picking a competent doc that has done many cases like this, I think it is a crime that a "doctor" can give dudes scars like this over an issue like hair. I am not even really planning on wearing my hair short if I can help it at the moment, it is just disturbing that I cannot know if I wanted to. Anyway I will resolve this issue eventually as there are many success stories out there, but I will use beard hair as I don't want dots all over my head. Take care.

Comment

• gillenator
                • Dec 2008

StevieR, you certainly have done your research and you sound like you heal very well.

I wish you the very best which ever way you decide.
                "Gillenator"
                more.hair@verizon.net

Comment

Working...